totallackey

Re: Russia Wants To Send People Back To The Moon In 2031
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »
That's not necessarily true. The amount of energy required to move relatively lightweight materials from Earth to Mars would be several orders of magnitude smaller than the amount of energy required to move even a small asteroid.
That really depends on the size doesn't it? I figure it's a lot easier to settle on, say Mars, than to redirect a mass-extinction event asteroid. The chicxulub crater was done by an object estimated to be about 6 miles in diameter. That's a whole lot of mass.
Oh, pardon me Mssrs. Rocket Scientists...

What fiction do you base your outlandish statements on?

Poseidon

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 08:55:09 PM »
Actually, TOTALLACKEY, a better question would be, what pre-500BC manuscript do you base YOUR ideas on?

totallackey

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 09:19:58 PM »
Actually, TOTALLACKEY, a better question would be, what pre-500BC manuscript do you base YOUR ideas on?
No, the better question remains what I asked.

Got people making BS claims with no basis in reality.

Poseidon

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
Well, since FET is based entirely on concepts that the Greeks made obsolete in about 300 BC, when Aristotle came around...

And no. Even my limited knowledge of math can tell you that moving small objects to Mars is easier than moving a gigantic object even a few degrees. I recognise that you're general lack of anything between the ears does cause cognitive problems, but please, do not impute such problems to the rest of us.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »
That's not necessarily true. The amount of energy required to move relatively lightweight materials from Earth to Mars would be several orders of magnitude smaller than the amount of energy required to move even a small asteroid.
That really depends on the size doesn't it? I figure it's a lot easier to settle on, say Mars, than to redirect a mass-extinction event asteroid. The chicxulub crater was done by an object estimated to be about 6 miles in diameter. That's a whole lot of mass.

An asteroid is bigger than a rocket.

totallackey

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 05:25:27 PM »
Well, since FET is based entirely on concepts that the Greeks made obsolete in about 300 BC, when Aristotle came around...

And no. Even my limited knowledge of math can tell you that moving small objects to Mars is easier than moving a gigantic object even a few degrees. I recognise that you're general lack of anything between the ears does cause cognitive problems, but please, do not impute such problems to the rest of us.

You accuse me of a lack of anything between the ears, yet make elementary mistakes in grammar (highlighted for the benefit of the readership).

I highly doubt you can calculate your way to the corner grocer most days.

You have ZERO clue of the amount of energy required for either task, so quit bloviating on concerning the issue.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 05:51:02 PM »

What part of it? That changing the path of an asteroid is hard?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

totallackey

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 06:04:26 PM »
What part of it? That changing the path of an asteroid is hard?
Zero of it being real to begin with, the part comparing the difficulty of colonizing another planet in time to avoid extinction  or the part detouring or smashing the asteroid prior to collision.

Rama Set

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »
Good old NDT recently said in an interview that whatever your concern for life on Earth is, it is easier to solve and requires less energy than moving humanity as a whole to Mars. But that is moving billions of people. If you just want to move a small portion, it is likely easier than say, redirecting a killer asteroid.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 08:23:06 PM »
You have ZERO clue of the amount of energy required for either task, so quit bloviating on concerning the issue.

You should teach me about the amount of energy required to move an asteroid.

Poseidon

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »

You accuse me of a lack of anything between the ears, yet make elementary mistakes in grammar (highlighted for the benefit of the readership).

"You are general lack..." . That is what the apostrophe means, right? Now who is the grammatical idiot? SCHMUCK.

totallackey

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 10:55:34 PM »

You should teach me about the amount of energy required to move an asteroid.
You made the claim.

Get teachy...

Show and tell time.

totallackey

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:40 PM »

"You are general lack..." . That is what the apostrophe means, right? Now who is the grammatical idiot? SCHMUCK.
You still are and are only solidifying your position as the grammatical idiot.

Kindly explain in what possible version of English is the sentence "I recognise that you aregeneral lack of anything between the ears does cause cognitive problems, but please, do not impute such problems to the rest of us," grammatically correct?

You call me a schmuck, and you cannot even write at a sixth grade level.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:03:52 PM by totallackey »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 02:26:39 AM »
I suggest both of you stop calling the other one an idiot or you will both be placed on timeout.

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »
But to make an argument, as the OP does, that Russia doesn't mean what they are saying based on the technology we supposedly had "pre-Speak-and-Spell", just shows how lacking in knowledge the average FEer is in logic and basic human progress.

So, acknowledging that the technology we used 50 years ago to supposedly land on the moon is objectively inferior in every imaginable way to what we have developed since is somehow illogical?

And you're both idiots by the way
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:42:40 PM by TheTruthIsOnHere »