Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1760 on: January 10, 2015, 04:52:43 PM »
He provided me with a torch collection
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 13, 2015, 05:11:20 AM »
I used to like Bethesda, but after reading the internet they seem sort of lazy and self-absorbed.
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 13, 2015, 05:12:08 AM »
I used to like Bethesda like you, but then I took le arrow to the kneeme
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1763 on: January 21, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »
Hey, guys, who wants to see more wonky Kirkbridean lore that made it into TESO?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Exegesis_of_Merid-Nunda

This ties into a theory of Kirkbride's that there was a group of divine beings called the Magna Ge that fled Nirn soon after it was created.  They poked holes in Oblivion in their haste to get through it, forming tiny little portals that the light of Aetherius shines through.  Stars, in other words.  The Daedric Prince Meridia was originally one of them, but they cast her out for assorting with Daedra, evidently.  This is why Meridia is heavily associated with light.  Anyway, aside from a brief reference to the Magna Ge in the Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes, none of this seems to have been mentioned in the games before.  Instead, it all comes from this "fanfic," for lack of a better word, that Croakbeard wrote on his own time:

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/imperial-census-daedra-lords

tl;dr: Star children are canon now.

The hammer finally drops:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-drops-subscription/

All right, PP, you've already bought the game, you have no excuse to not resume playing it in March.  As for the rest of you, uh, try getting it if it's on sale or whatever.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:24:50 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Ghost of V

« Reply #1764 on: January 21, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-drops-subscription/

First sign of a failing MMO. Next step is pay-to-win and microtransactions. That will happen in a month or two. Mark my words.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1765 on: January 21, 2015, 08:03:14 PM »
I don't know, GW2 seems to be doing just fine with its B2W model.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 21, 2015, 08:04:42 PM »
But GW2 never had a subscription. Isn't this sort of a punch to the gut of everyone who paid $15 a month for this mess of a game?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 21, 2015, 08:56:47 PM »
My gut doesn't hurt.
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1768 on: January 21, 2015, 11:31:39 PM »
My gut doesn't hurt.

Of course not, all punches to your gut bounce harmlessly off your wobbly belly.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1769 on: January 21, 2015, 11:43:54 PM »
My gut doesn't hurt.

Of course not, all punches to your gut bounce harmlessly off your wobbly belly.

Punches to the gut actually heal him.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1770 on: January 22, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »

Clockwork City!  Vivec and Sotha Sil!  Hooray!

Ghost of V

« Reply #1771 on: January 22, 2015, 07:27:17 PM »
Dedicated fans will have the option of ponying up for "ESO Plus" memberships. Available in 30, 90, and 180-day durations, these will offer access to all future DLC, which Bethesda said will consist of "game packs with optional adventure content," like zones and quests. Access to these optional areas will be lost if and when your membership expires, but any items or rewards earned from those areas will be kept.

ESO Plus memberships will also provide "character progression bonuses," and an allotment of crowns, the new in-game currency that will be used to purchase "convenience and customization items" like pets and mounts, as well as the aforementioned DLC, which will be available separately from ESO Plus memberships on an a-la-carte basis.

Now I will never play this game.

« Reply #1772 on: January 22, 2015, 07:28:17 PM »
What a shit idea. Lifting ideas direct from Runescape circa 2004? Nice.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 23, 2015, 02:20:06 AM »
What a shit idea. Lifting ideas direct from Runescape circa 2004? Nice.

That's not true, you lose access to member's rewards if you stop paying in Runescape. Here, you still get to keep them. That's totally different, man.

« Reply #1774 on: January 23, 2015, 02:38:03 AM »
It specifically says you lose access to those zones if your membership ends. This was the case with Runescape years ago, you would get access to half the map and all of the features located there for $5/m.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1775 on: January 23, 2015, 02:46:29 AM »
It specifically says you lose access to those zones if your membership ends. This was the case with Runescape years ago, you would get access to half the map and all of the features located there for $5/m.

Lose access to the zones, but not the items. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1776 on: January 23, 2015, 02:48:23 AM »

But you don't lose access to the rewards, which is what Rushy was talking about.  Also, the members in RuneScape didn't get access to half the map, they got access to about two thirds, maybe three quarters of the map.  Although some of those areas also required the completion of certain quests to access.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:39:39 PM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #1777 on: January 23, 2015, 02:52:19 AM »
Technically you didn't lose the rewards in Runescape either. You wouldn't be able to use them though ;)

Saddam Hussein

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1778 on: January 23, 2015, 09:28:56 PM »
The Khajiit in Arena are of the Ohmes breed, and in Daggerfall they're Ohmes-raht.  The lore checks out!

All other TES games, however, like to sweep that lore under the rug. Mostly because it is disturbing to think about a mountain lion birthing what is clearly a human child and having such a thing based on the phase of the moon.

Update on this:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/01/23/loremasters-archive-trail-and-tide

“Many have heard the stories that a Khajiit's form is determined by the cycle of the moons. Would it then be possible for an Alfiq (housecat sized Khajiit) to give birth to a Senche-Raht battlecat, said to be as tall as two Altmer? – TheHumanFloyd

Moon Bishop Hunal says, “Ah, hairless ones. What imaginations they have! The simple answer is yes; it is absolutely true that the ja-Kha’jay determines a Khajiit’s furstock, or ‘breed,’ as some say. However, the extent to which we catfolk vary in size has been exaggerated in certain Imperial sources. During the Reman Conquests, when the Cyrodiils were seeking justification for invasion of the Khajiiti kingdoms, we were tagged with the epithet ‘beast-men,’ and propaganda was spread emphasizing our similarities to our cousins of lesser sentience. For what could be wrong with liberating a fertile land such as ours from lowly ‘beast-men’? Indeed, curious one, there are truly seventeen distinct furstocks of Khajiiti, but do not be taken in by the exaggerations of Imperial propaganda.”

This is their way of saying we won't get to see any of the gigantic Khajiit breeds described in the lore. :(
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:34:25 AM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #1779 on: January 23, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »
ESO is terrible. Skyrim was 7/10.

Oblivion was 9/10.

Oblivion 2 please
FE Society believers in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUTYHlnQhmc