Meet the Khajiit in Arena

Lore's broken.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1741 on: January 06, 2015, 02:48:07 AM »
Meet the Khajiit in Arena

Lore's broken.
The Ohmes is the most Mer-like Khajiit. They are shorter than a Bosmer and have similar pointed ears. Unlike other Khajiit they have no fur, no tail, and no naturally occurring distinguishable Khajiit feature. To distinguish themselves from Mer, the Ohmes usually paint their faces with 'catlike' war paint.

The Ohmes were a common sight across Tamriel before the end of the 4th century of the 3rd Era. After this time period, they became a rare sight outside of Elsweyr. It is possible they returned to their homeland en masse.

The Ohmes are one of  seventeen confirmed breeds of Khajiit, and each breed is born due to the influences of Nirn's two moons, Masser and Secunda.

The former is Nirn's largest moon, and the main influencing force on Khajiit breeds. Depending on Masser's lunar lattice, the Khajiit will fall under one major appearance and physiology out of four possibilities. These are as follows:
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1742 on: January 06, 2015, 02:51:35 AM »
Dirty retcon.

Saddam Hussein

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1743 on: January 06, 2015, 04:33:55 AM »
Having now completed Shivering Isles, I have some mixed feelings on it.  The setting is fantastic, to start with.  The theme of duality that's always present is a clever little feature, like with Mania and Dementia, Bliss and Crucible, the Golden Saints and Dark Seducers, etc.  The new creatures and plants are creative, the eccentric characters are a lot of fun, and Sheogorath himself is hilarious, as he always is.

What drags the add-on down, however, is the main quest.  It really, really sucks.  It makes very little use of the excellent overworld, instead sending you on a series of very long, very tedious dungeon crawls, almost always to do something that feels mundane and unfulfilling, like fetch a MacGuffin or flip some magical switch.  Exactly how these boring quests actually relate to the eventual goal of stopping the Greymarch are handwaved away with vague explanations, which hurts player motivation and the feeling that you're doing worthwhile things and making real progress.  There are a few decent quests there, I'll grant, like the one where you have to either kill some unwelcome adventurers or else drive them insane, but for the most part, they're just busy work.  Huge disappointment.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:29:52 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 06, 2015, 05:47:19 AM »
Did you attack Sheogorath? Totally worth it.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 06, 2015, 05:51:03 AM »
Sheogorath himself is hilarious, as he always is.

holds up spork
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1746 on: January 06, 2015, 06:34:19 AM »

Do this.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 06, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »

holds up Runciple spoon
Fork of horpulation fucking nooob.
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 06, 2015, 11:35:09 AM »
Dirty retcon.
I'm waiting for them to add the other Khajiit breeds to TESO. At least as NPC's, since there's 16 of them plus The Mane (who actually is in the game, but looks like a regular Cathay). But I get the feeling the devs are too lazy and it's never going to happen.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:37:12 AM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1749 on: January 06, 2015, 06:00:58 PM »

Yes.  It's very amusing.

I'm waiting for them to add the other Khajiit breeds to TESO. At least as NPC's, since there's 16 of them plus The Mane (who actually is in the game, but looks like a regular Cathay). But I get the feeling the devs are too lazy and it's never going to happen.

The Khajiit in TESO are Suthay-raht, not Cathay.  Also, the devs have said that they're planning on adding bigger senches as steeds at some point.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 06, 2015, 06:41:52 PM »
The Khajiit in TESO are Suthay-raht, not Cathay.
Incorrect. They're definitely Cathay, look at their legs. The ones in Morrowind are Suthay-raht. Walking on their toes like real cats. The ones in TESO walk flat on their feet just like the ones in Oblivion and Skyrim. i.e. Cathay.

Although The Elder Scrolls Wiki says this:
All player-character Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls Online will be Suthay-raht at launch.
That's obviously wrong.
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1751 on: January 06, 2015, 10:00:56 PM »
ZeniMax were the ones who said that originally, but then again, they were also the ones who apparently forgot that Reaper's March is in Elsweyr, and repeated the dumb "transcription error"* thing, all contrary to what was actually in the game.  I suppose the thought of them simply forgetting which breed was actually in the game is preferable to them fucking up how the Suthay-raht are supposed to look.

*Regarding that little snafu, I have a new theory.  What if all the details contradicting the "transcription error" account were actually added into the game after the negative reaction that lore-minded fans had to the original reveal?  That would make the whole issue regarding Cyrodiil and its jungles a triple retcon.  Has that ever even happened before in fiction?

Ghost of V

« Reply #1752 on: January 06, 2015, 10:06:52 PM »
Has that ever even happened before in fiction?

I can think of one franchise that has had multiple retcons, doubles, triples, even quadruples. Doctor Who.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1753 on: January 07, 2015, 02:13:50 AM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/2rkdfs/about_eso_can_it_fit_in_canon_do_you_accept_it_as/

Quote from: MKirkbride
I'm constantly surprised in how good it is.

And of course it's lore. Everything is lore.

Aha!  It's official!  Cockbird endorses TESO!

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 07, 2015, 02:29:32 AM »
I can think of one franchise that has had multiple retcons, doubles, triples, even quadruples. Doctor Who.

Doctor Who is made up as it goes along. Elder Scrolls has plenty of pre-built lore for devs to work from, they just screw up quite a bit of it.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: January 07, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »

Doctor Who has time-travel as a regular feature.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1756 on: January 07, 2015, 06:20:55 PM »

Doctor Who has time-travel as a regular feature.

Yes, but there are legitimate retcons outside of that. I'm not counting anything that happens via time travel. Just stuff that was said to be the case but was later changed because of writer incompetence and/or just general laziness. But Rushy is kinda right, they do make it up as they go along mostly because of the time travel involved.

Besides, there is time travel in Eldar Scralls lore too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:22:38 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 07, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »

holds up Runciple spoon
Fork of horpulation fucking nooob.

Do you mean the Fork of Horripilation? >2015 >being this nooby
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1758 on: January 10, 2015, 05:14:43 AM »

No, this doesn't mean anything.  I just wanted to post it.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 10, 2015, 03:42:46 PM »
If you read Cicero's journal in Skyrim it talks about him acting like an adoring fan of the Grand Champion only to murder him in a forest.