Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2014, 05:39:32 AM »
It's okay, we have infinite attempts, remember? So let's take a zerg rush for instance, would that not ever win a game?

That depends on your opponent.

Well, that's convenient. I guess we don't even need to randomise anything to win matches.

Which is exactly what the argument was about. I'm glad you realize that your "hurr durr I can pick a strategy at random" argument is erroneous.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2014, 05:42:11 AM »
Yes, now we're back to a real equivalent, where we can just use the same strategy to eventually win. Very convenient indeed.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 04, 2014, 05:42:53 AM »
Yes, now we're back to a real equivalent, where we can just use the same strategy to eventually win. Very convenient indeed.

Please proceed to use that strategy to win all Starcraft games. I really would like to see it.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 04, 2014, 05:44:40 AM »
That's irrelevant, like it is in your argument about Dark Souls. We can try again if we fail, like trial and error dictates.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 04, 2014, 05:46:10 AM »
Well, it can't be done in the campaigns, no. But in VS matches, it's not that hard.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 04, 2014, 05:47:02 AM »
That's irrelevant, like it is in your argument about Dark Souls. We can try again if we fail, like trial and error dictates.

You won't eventually win all games, though, just some. In Dark Souls you win literally all fights against the computer by dodging and stabbing. A 6pool zergling rush may work against Protoss/Zerg sometimes, but it will never work against Terran. In fact if a 6pool works at all you are playing an absolutely abysmal Starcraft player or a computer on Normal or lower.

Beardo we should play Starcraft some time. It is fun and I am not very good.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:50:15 AM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 04, 2014, 05:49:30 AM »
The C-14 rifle is a Marine's best friend.

Also, stimpacks.
The Mastery.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 04, 2014, 05:51:56 AM »

You won't eventually win all games, though, just some. In Dark Souls you win literally all fights against the computer by dodging and stabbing. A 6pool zergling rush may work against Protoss/Zerg sometimes, but it will never work against Terran. In fact if a 6pool works at all you are playing an absolutely abysmal Starcraft player or a computer on Normal or lower.

Beardo we should play Starcraft some time. It is fun and I am not very good.

That's still fine. If we picked zerg rush at random where it works, we can pick something else where it doesn't.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 04, 2014, 05:54:03 AM »
That's still fine. If we picked zerg rush at random where it works, we can pick something else where it doesn't.

Yes, Starcraft actually requires you to use different strategies to defeat different players. That must be mind blowing for a Dark Souls player such as yourself. I'm glad you could finally come to your senses on this issue.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 04, 2014, 05:57:29 AM »
I am not very good.
I thought you learned form a korean master.
The Mastery.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:21 AM »

Yes, Starcraft actually requires you to use different strategies to defeat different players. That must be mind blowing for a Dark Souls player such as yourself. I'm glad you could finally come to your senses on this issue.

Good, so we agree that you can beat Starcraft by picking different methods at random? I'm glad that's settled.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 04, 2014, 06:01:19 AM »
I thought you learned form a korean master.

I never said what he was a master of, I don't even think he was an actual korean. I think it is illegal for them to teach their ways to the white people.

Good, so we agree that you can beat Starcraft by picking different methods at random? I'm glad that's settled.

Uhh, no. Remember when I asked you to provide evidence that was possible? You didn't (because it isn't). Feel free to take that offer up any time. The only thing you determined was that picking a zerg rush when it is a good time to pick it wins. In other words, you win if your intelligently choose a strategy. Your random trial and error attempts will always result in a loss.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 04, 2014, 06:29:12 AM »
Well, it can't be done in the campaigns, no. But in VS matches, it's not that hard.

Are you talking about Brood War, or Starcraft II? Because a zergling rush is going to be a mild irritant to anybody who's Silver or better.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 04, 2014, 06:41:34 AM »
I generally talk Brood War when I discuss multiplayer.
I don't have enough Starcraft II multiplayer experience to talk about that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:04:20 AM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #394 on: April 04, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »
I am a fair bit into it; I've rung the first bell at the Undead Parish and have had my progress halted as soon as I've entered Blighttown and learned to hate it with all my heart. :D Fucking hate how everything is toxic and will make sure you die slowly and painfully. And I hate poison bug enemies in RPGs in general, particularly flying ones. The game's really awesome up to that point (and to reiterate, I've had more luck parrying and blocking than I have with dodging), but it seems like Blighttown is going to be a very non-enjoyable section of the game. All the lag in the area isn't helping. So if there's any area that's going to get me to stop, it will be this one X.x

Blighttown is the worst place to be in any RPG.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #395 on: April 05, 2014, 01:20:19 AM »
I finally beat the Smelter Demon, with the help of a sunbro I summoned.  Blanko will know what I'm talking about.

@Vauxy/Ghost of V: Get the sequel.  You'll like it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #396 on: April 05, 2014, 08:07:45 PM »

Nope, already watched a speedrun and I hate it.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 05, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

Nope, already watched a speedrun and I hate it.

It's hard to ignore the terrible design in all of the videos.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #398 on: April 05, 2014, 10:10:40 PM »
Fuck off, Rushy.

Rama Set

« Reply #399 on: April 05, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
Saddam, ignore him.