Greetings
« on: July 28, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »
Greetings,

I have been led to this web site after watching some captivating documentaries about the Flat Earth on Youtube.

I am fascinated by the Flat Earth theory and will surely have many questions about all of it.

One thing I do know for sure is that NASA, the  Freemasons, and the Vatican are perpetrating a conspiracy to trick intelligent people into believing various lies; I am not yet exactly sure why they are attempting such Machiavellian cover-ups of the Flat Earth.

I hope to fully believe in Flat Earth some day, but understandably it may take some time (to de-program the lies spewed by our Western culture(s).)  >:(

Thank you for allowing me to join your society and I hope to have many of my questions answered.

* I also have some of my own theories about Flat Earth and some very interesting proof to bolster my claims. This will be shared in due time.   :)

geckothegeek

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 02:22:40 AM »
Greetings,

I have been led to this web site after watching some captivating documentaries about the Flat Earth on Youtube.

I am fascinated by the Flat Earth theory and will surely have many questions about all of it.

One thing I do know for sure is that NASA, the  Freemasons, and the Vatican are perpetrating a conspiracy to trick intelligent people into believing various lies; I am not yet exactly sure why they are attempting such Machiavellian cover-ups of the Flat Earth.

I hope to fully believe in Flat Earth some day, but understandably it may take some time (to de-program the lies spewed by our Western culture(s).)  >:(

Thank you for allowing me to join your society and I hope to have many of my questions answered.

* I also have some of my own theories about Flat Earth and some very interesting proof to bolster my claims. This will be shared in due time.   :)

It's not just the groups you mentioned but everyone else in the world (except TFES of course) that is in on this Great Round Earth Conspiracy.

If you have some flat earth theories and flat earth proofs, you'll be the first. Total so far is exactly nil.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:58:47 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 03:05:43 AM »
Greetings,

It's not just the groups you mentioned but everyone else in the world (eccept TFES of course) that is in on this Great Round Earth Conspiracy.

If you have some flat earth theories and flat earth proofs, you'll be the first. Total so far is exactly nil.

I'll give you one warning for the same bullshit you can't seem to stop posting. You're adding nothing to the conversation and trying to poison a new user.

Just a reminder that the next ban you receive will be permanent, given that you've received 3-day, 7-day, and 30-day bans already for the exact same behavior.

If you have nothing to useful to say, then don't post. You're welcome to chime in if you actually want to contribute. Maybe something beyond your time in the navy for once.

To PlaneConductor. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here. We encourage free expression, and have a few rules you should familiarize yourself with (mostly just being a decent, contributing member). If you have any questions, there will be plenty of people willing to help. We don't insist anyone adopt TFES ideaologies, we just ask that you be respectful, which so far you seem to be off to a great start!

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 05:11:13 AM »
Pardon, but I just wanted to point out that it is not just NASA and all the space agencies that are part of the Conspiracy but all the scientists, engineers, etc. in the world.
Also there seem to be some opinions that nothing yet has qualified as a flat earth theory or proof.

I am not the only person who has posted that.
There are others, such as rabinoz, who are a bit more vocal than I am.

If you wish, I shall try to stick to flat earth comments rather than round earth comments in the future.
After all, it is the FES website and maybe the rest of us should try to stay out of it.
If you would prefer we did, just say so. But once again, I'm not alone.

I have been on several other websites. You  can be banned for, vulgar, obscene or other bad language but not for just disagreeing on some of the ideas of some of the moderators on some points as on this website. There is some "You're wrong and I'm right" going on but nobody gets banned for that. Most of the warnings are for the bad language and personal attacks, which are very few, but seem very prevalent on this websites. I'll vacate the premises and leave you to it if it would make you any happier, although in a way I have enjoyed this website a lot.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:33:20 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 05:36:40 AM »
Pardon, but I just wanted to point out that it is not just NASA and all the space agencies that are part of the Conspiracy but all the scientists, engineers, etc. in the world.
Citation needed.

Also there seem to be some opinions that nothing yet has qualified as a flat earth theory or proof.
What?

If you wish, I shall try to stick to flat earth comments rather than round earth comments in the future.
You can do both. Just stay on topic and try to contribute to the conversation beyond "flat earth lol amirite also navy."

After all, it is the FES website and maybe the rest of us should try to stay out of it.
You really just don't get it, do you? This place is for everyone. No need to stay out of it. Just try to stay on topic and actually contribute to threads you post in. If you have critiques of FE, you are welcome to make your own threads. It just isn't helpful when you post things that have no bearing on the discussion.

If you would prefer we did, just say so. But once again, I'm not alone.
See above. We want everyone that wants to be here to post. Just follow a few rules and be a decent member. You don't have to agree. You can complain about FE and criticize it all you want, as long as it is posted in the right place. I feel like you have been here long enough to know this. The moonbounce discussion was interesting. You have had one or two interesting original topics. Everything after that has just been complaining about one thing or another.

I don't want to warn you. I don't want to ban you. Just have some respect for this place if you plan on sticking around and maybe just listen once in a while.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 09:18:44 AM »

Hi Plane Conductor,

Welcome to the forum :)

As you can see the site is well moderated but not everyone on here believes in FET.
So feel free to discuss whatever floats your boat on the forum but expect a rigorous response from the Roundies if its anything to do with the world being flat as opposed to an oblate spheroid.

As for myself, I do believe in Flat Earth Theory and get hammered on here occasionally for it.
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

geckothegeek

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 06:06:01 PM »

Hi Plane Conductor,

Welcome to the forum :)

As you can see the site is well moderated but not everyone on here believes in FET.
So feel free to discuss whatever floats your boat on the forum but expect a rigorous response from the Roundies if its anything to do with the world being flat as opposed to an oblate spheroid.

As for myself, I do believe in Flat Earth Theory and get hammered on here occasionally for it.

With all due respect for your belief, but the reason that we  "round earthers" such as myself "hammer" on "flat earthers" such as yourself is that we find it hard to believe that anyone would believe that the earth is flat is because of all the evidence that the earth is a globe, no evidence that the earth is flat,  and from our own personal experiences or in our lines of work.

If you had always lived in area where the land was flat, never had been far from that place, never worked in areas where the shape of the earth is taken for granted as being the globe that is, never experienced that fact personally, or had never studied about that subject, I think I might be more sympathetic in your belief that the earth was flat.

But also, I do find the information posted on various aspects of how things would be on a flat earth to be highly interesting.

Combining and somewhat paraphrasing  two old quotes that come to mind.:
"From all of us ("round earthers") to all of you ("flat earthers") . Have a good week ! .".....and the other......"From viewers like you ("us round earthers" ). Thank You."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:34:00 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 09:44:58 PM »
Greetings,

It's not just the groups you mentioned but everyone else in the world (except TFES of course) that is in on this Great Round Earth Conspiracy.

Why would everyone have to be in on the conspiracy, why can't most scientists and members of the public just be duped?
It seems to me only a few scientists who've been to outer space and/or have advanced knowledge of astrometrics and geometrics would be able to definitely prove to themselves and others the earth is flat (and even they could perhaps be duped, as I think we can all agree, flat and round alike, that people are gullible animals), the rest might just be taking the scientific political elites word for things, having never investigated them for themselves.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 09:49:56 PM by Antithecystem »

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 12:32:13 AM »
But also, I do find the information posted on various aspects of how things would be on a flat earth to be highly interesting.

Hi Gecko

If you can discuss it from a hypothetical position then you have something to offer, :)

Its difficult for newbies to understand the dynamic around here, Is this really the most vicious thing a person can believe about the world that we live in. I have seen people come here expecting some kind of discussion and they make one post and never come back. If you really want to engage with others and change their mind on this issue then please be a little more sensitive with your opening remarks.

Your not the worst offender on here but I agree with the moderator in this case, it was a bit over the top for a first post. And this is an open forum and your imput is important and I actually enjoy reading a lot of what you Roundies post and it would be a pretty boring place without you guys.

Why can't we all just get along,,,,,

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

geckothegeek

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 02:51:17 AM »

Hi Gecko

If you can discuss it from a hypothetical position then you have something to offer, :)

Its difficult for newbies to understand the dynamic around here, Is this really the most vicious thing a person can believe about the world that we live in. I have seen people come here expecting some kind of discussion and they make one post and never come back. If you really want to engage with others and change their mind on this issue then please be a little more sensitive with your opening remarks.

Your not the worst offender on here but I agree with the moderator in this case, it was a bit over the top for a first post. And this is an open forum and your imput is important and I actually enjoy reading a lot of what you Roundies post and it would be a pretty boring place without you guys.

Why can't we all just get along,,,,,

Why can't we all just "Agree to disagree agreeably".....
I try to be tolerant of other people's beliefs, but some times it is just extremely difficult to find reasons for their beliefs.
Maybe this is an over simplication but with all the facts and evidence available,  why wouldn't everyone be at least aware or know that the earth is in the shape of a globe ?
But with no facts or evidence why would anyone think, much less believe,  that the earth was any other shape, much less that the earth was in the shape of a flat disc ?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:58:35 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 02:50:49 AM »
I have suggested this before, but nobody seemed to like it.
But I will just put it forth again any way
FWIW.
"We all know that the earth is not a flat disc and is a globe."
So instead of all this arguing and bickering, why not just make this website something like this . :
"This website is for the imagination and inventing ideas. Suppose the earth was flat.Let's hear your ideas of how things woul have to be if the earth was flat."

The horizon could be one subject for discussion for example.
We know that the horizon is a distinct line.
We know that it is where it is.
It is where the land or the sea appear to meet the sky.
We know that it is at a definite distance from the observer.
We know that we can estimate the distance -  according the height of the observer - the higher you are, the farther you can see to the horizon.

But my problem is envisioning how it would be if the earth was flat ?
I would like to see that.
I have seen one flat earth idea that apparently there is no horizon on a flat earth ?
That when we look out in the distance we don't see a horizon but just an indistinct blur that fades away at an indidtinct blur ?
Of course that doesn't agree with what we actually see.
Is there a better explanation of the horizon would be if the earth was flat ?
I don't even have the foggiest (if you'ĺl pardon the pun....LOL) idea of where the land or the sea would appear to meet if the earth was flat. Does anyone surely  have a better idea ?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:53:21 AM by geckothegeek »