Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Re: Mirrorless Camera
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 01:50:19 AM »
I rented one of these and holy shit, it has to be my favorite camera of all time. It has a little turd nugget of a sensor that isn't a great deal better than a cell phone camera, but it's tiny, lightweight, and has the best weather sealing and image stabilization on the market. The micro 4/3 sensor also has a 2x crop factor relative to a 35mm camera, so you'll be getting way more "reach" if you're into telephoto shots. The lenses are also very compact and light.

It's pretty expensive for having a turdlet sensor at $1000 for only the body, but you're getting features that are comparable to, or even better than a camera that's twice as much, all in a super compact frame. Beyond 400 ISO you start getting some pretty grainy shots. My R6 can handle up to 6400 ISO with minimal grain, but I still prefer using this little camera somehow.

The sensor isn't THAT small, it's only half the size of an APC-C sensor, still far bigger than anything you would find in a phone.

But it's a great format and camera.

As they say, the best camera is the one you have with you. These things are small enough to stuff in a pocket if you slip a pancake prime on them. A lot more convenient than a full size DSLR with a huge lens.

I say it's a turd sensor just because you can get a Canon RP for exactly the same price, which has a full frame sensor and will give you much higher quality images, all else being equal. But yeah, the fact that the Olympus is so tiny means you can take it pretty much anywhere like you said.

Re: Mirrorless Camera
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2021, 05:56:25 AM »
I have a Nikon D3500. Its really nice, but I kind of want something lightweight like this for my cat girl vlogs. I thought they would be more honestly, $500 isnt too bad.