Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6020 on: July 31, 2020, 01:06:05 AM »
Maybe instead of making stupid tweets about delaying the election Trump should develop a system to ensure mail-in voting is safer than it already is?  Sounds like what a responsible leader might do.

He complained about the voting not being satisfactory in 2016 (at least, until he WON)

He's had 3.5 years to make it safer, but has not.

Why not?

Because it pumps up his drooling supporters to shout "unprecedented voter fraud!", duh
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: July 31, 2020, 02:12:50 AM »
He complained about the voting not being satisfactory in 2016 (at least, until he WON)

The bolded part isn't quite true. Trump claimed that millions of people voted illegally in 2016 to account for his loss of the popular vote, remember? I love the unspoken assumption that the millions of illegal voters all must have voted for Hillary and could therefore just be casually subtracted from her total votes.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: July 31, 2020, 04:03:29 AM »

The bolded part isn't quite true. Trump claimed that millions of people voted illegally in 2016 to account for his loss of the popular vote, remember? I love the unspoken assumption that the millions of illegal voters all must have voted for Hillary and could therefore just be casually subtracted from her total votes.

The number of fraudulent votes he made up even just about matched the number of votes she was ahead of him by. He really might be the biggest narcissist on the planet.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: July 31, 2020, 04:16:12 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/economy/us-economy-2020-second-quarter/index.html

What some of us might have missed by focusing on Trump's fascist tweet about delaying election day. He still knows how to toss out that ball of yarn.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: July 31, 2020, 04:28:35 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/economy/us-economy-2020-second-quarter/index.html

What some of us might have missed by focusing on Trump's fascist tweet about delaying election day. He still knows how to toss out that ball of yarn.
The maxwell case was set to unseal documents yesterday as well.  But that got pushed to next week.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: July 31, 2020, 05:28:30 AM »

The maxwell case was set to unseal documents yesterday as well.  But that got pushed to next week.

Honestly if Ghislaine Maxwell has some kind of proof that Trump is a perv no amount of distraction will help him. It probably would be the thing that ensures his presidency comes to an end in January.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: July 31, 2020, 05:54:53 AM »

Honestly if Ghislaine Maxwell has some kind of proof that Trump is a perv no amount of distraction will help him. It probably would be the thing that ensures his presidency comes to an end in January.

I'll believe it when I see it.

"But whose gonna believe a horrible person like that?  She's just lying to hurt Trump. " - Lackey/Trumpers.
Honestly, best she might have is 'Oh yeah, Trump knew all about the child slaves but didn't do anything about it'.  Which is damning but I doubt it'lll phase his cult.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: July 31, 2020, 08:14:45 AM »

The number of fraudulent votes he made up even just about matched the number of votes she was ahead of him by. He really might be the biggest narcissist on the planet.
It's stuff like this I don't understand. He makes a claim. Provides zero evidence for it, literally none.
And people just believe it, despite his long history of lying about absolutely everything.
The Trump fans go on about TDS where some people can see nothing good about anything Trump says or does, but there's definitely a different strain of TDS where everything Trump says is defended no matter how batshit crazy or demonstrably false it is.
Fair bit of the evident in this thread.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: August 01, 2020, 06:39:17 PM »
Trump: China is bad because they are a totaltarian nation that controls businesses.

Also Trump: We're gonna ban a business because its from China.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/31/897752390/microsoft-in-talks-to-buy-teen-fav-tiktok-as-trump-ramps-up-pressure?sc=18&f=1001

Rama Set

« Reply #6029 on: August 01, 2020, 07:20:14 PM »
Tik Tok’s ban sounds pretty reasonable to me since it seems to just be a massive spyware program for the Chinese government.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6030 on: August 01, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
Trump: China is bad because they are a totaltarian nation that controls businesses.

Also Trump: We're gonna ban a business because its from China.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/31/897752390/microsoft-in-talks-to-buy-teen-fav-tiktok-as-trump-ramps-up-pressure?sc=18&f=1001

There is no difference between a Chinese business and the Chinese government, as the government has installed personnel on every Chinese business's board of directors. There's a stark difference between merely regulating businesses versus having the government control them outright.

Also rant time:

I'm still unsure why anyone bothers defending China at this point, considering the government is a totalitarian fascist state engaging in genocide on its own people. It seems that not only do too many people not really care about this, they would actually defend China if it meant being on the opposing side of Trump.

We know that:

1. China is a one-party dictatorship.
2. Engages in genocide of 'undesirable' ethnicities.
3. Fully intends to take over claimed territories, such as most recently Hong Kong, as well as Taiwan and the South China Sea.
4. Uses systems such as the shèhuì xìnyòng tǐxì, which is social credit score designed to oppress its own people and keep them toeing the line.

China should be opposed at all times in all ways. It's a dystopian nightmare state that makes Nazi Germany look tame by comparison.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 08:15:55 PM by Rushy »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: August 01, 2020, 09:22:51 PM »
It seems that not only do too many people not really care about this, they would actually defend China if it meant being on the opposing side of Trump.

Any high-profile examples of this? I watch and read a fair amount of liberal news and have never noticed such a trend.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: August 01, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »
They've pushed back against Trump's claims that coronavirus was created in a Chinese lab and his insistence on calling it names like "the Chinese virus" or "kung flu," but that's not really defending China so much as it is opposing Trump's embrace of conspiracy theories and casual racism, respectively.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: August 01, 2020, 11:40:09 PM »
They've pushed back against Trump's claims that coronavirus was created in a Chinese lab and his insistence on calling it names like "the Chinese virus" or "kung flu," but that's not really defending China so much as it is opposing Trump's embrace of conspiracy theories and casual racism, respectively.

Well yeah, there has been some of that. I just don't see anyone defending China's government or it's economic policies, as I felt like was implied by Rushy. In fact this issue with China as a security risk that led to Trump's announcement about TikTok is something both sides of aisle agree is a problem.

The only reason this is really news is that so many people use TikTok. Otherwise I don't think it would even be getting any coverage.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: August 07, 2020, 08:15:11 PM »
casual racism

“Chinese” isn’t a race.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: August 07, 2020, 09:17:21 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/07/us-intel-russia-trying-to-hurt-biden-but-china-iran-dont-want-trump.html

Okay, so now the will of the American voter is being subverted by special interests in other countries.  This was predicted in my post below months ago and in the Book of Revelation as well.

Somebody pony up a single verified claim that Trump won the goddamn election due to some fucking Russian trolls on the internet.

Page 1 of the report ...

"The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and
systematic fashion."

If you don't believe the sweeping and systemic interference from the Russians had any effect on the outcome of the election, it's ok. The Russians learned a lot in 2016 and with the help of the Republicans will do much better this time. Perhaps the North Koreans will want to get involved also. Since it makes no difference, let Chinese get in on it too.

With enough help from dictators around the globe Trump can win!
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: August 08, 2020, 07:27:30 AM »
I can't find the plain-text transcript of this, so ...

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: August 08, 2020, 08:29:06 AM »
I'd buy 'fuck liberals' but not weakness.
They complain about the rioting and destruction, calling liberals violent and hating on them.

I honestly think it literally just boils around 'Liberals are bad' and everything goes from there.

If Liberals started arming up like crazy, suddenly guns would be bad.  Happened with the Black Panthers.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: August 08, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »
I'd buy 'fuck liberals' but not weakness.
They complain about the rioting and destruction, calling liberals violent and hating on them.

I honestly think it literally just boils around 'Liberals are bad' and everything goes from there.

If Liberals started arming up like crazy, suddenly guns would be bad.  Happened with the Black Panthers.

What makes you think that Liberals are good? At least conservative groups often point towards religion as their moral base. What do Liberals point to for their moral base?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 02:47:02 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline GreatATuin

• It's turtles all the way down
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: August 08, 2020, 07:53:16 PM »
I can't find the plain-text transcript of this, so ...

The original Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/i0wj3v/what_a_tremendous_burden_it_must_be_for_you_to/fztjc0h/

I had no idea there were so many different kinds of awards.
Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

you guys just read what you want to read