totallackey

Re: Trump
« Reply #6000 on: July 29, 2020, 12:53:40 PM »
Who cares where any of this stuff was invented other than the interesting question of what cultural qualities create conditions for fruitful creativity? Trump was obviously just trying to strike an emotional chord so that people will look upon him less critically or to divert attention.
Yeah, I think I actually pointed out the reason why the remarks were made to begin with.

The philosophical tenets that made the US the greatest nation ever in the history of the world led to the greatest achievements in the history of the world.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: July 29, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »
Who cares where any of this stuff was invented other than the interesting question of what cultural qualities create conditions for fruitful creativity? Trump was obviously just trying to strike an emotional chord so that people will look upon him less critically or to divert attention.

Of course it was. It blows my mind that so many people took Tom's bait and argued with him about it when there are so many devastatingly serious things out there to talk about.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: July 29, 2020, 03:10:42 PM »
Yeah, I think I actually pointed out the reason why the remarks were made to begin with.

The philosophical tenets that made the US the greatest nation ever in the history of the world led to the greatest achievements in the history of the world.

Uh huh.
Come talk to me when America is a bit older, yeah?  Like Roman Empire older.  plenty of nations have been bigger, more powerful, and longer lived than America.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #6003 on: July 30, 2020, 10:11:23 AM »

Uh huh.
Come talk to me when America is a bit older, yeah?  Like Roman Empire older.  plenty of nations have been bigger, more powerful, and longer lived than America.
Yeah, talk to me when you can actually name a nation that has provided more to the world than the US.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: July 30, 2020, 10:56:04 AM »

Uh huh.
Yeah, talk to me when you can actually name a nation that has provided more to the world than the US.

Rome.
Like your Jesus?  Wouldn't have Christianity as wide spread without Rome.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #6005 on: July 30, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »

Uh huh.

Rome.
ROme?

Aquaducts, paved roads.

They ripped off their mythology from Greece.

My Jesus?

Try again.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: July 30, 2020, 11:25:36 AM »

Uh huh.

Rome.
ROme?

Aquaducts, paved roads.

My Jesus?

Try again.

I'm sorry, are you saying flowing water wasn't good?  Spreading Christianity across Europe and wiping out all pegan religions wasn't good for you?

totallackey

« Reply #6007 on: July 30, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »

Uh huh.

Rome.
ROme?

Aquaducts, paved roads.

My Jesus?

Try again.

I'm sorry, are you saying flowing water wasn't good?  Spreading Christianity across Europe and wiping out all pegan religions wasn't good for you?
Not at all, of course flowing water and paved roads are just fine, but not an erstwhile comparison to the achievements of this country.

Wiping out pagan religions?

Hardly...both Easter and Christmas are celebrations honoring Ishtar and Saturn, both pagan gods.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: July 30, 2020, 11:55:02 AM »

Uh huh.

Rome.
ROme?

Aquaducts, paved roads.

My Jesus?

Try again.

Not at all, of course flowing water and paved roads are just fine, but not an erstwhile comparison to the achievements of this country.

Hardly...both Easter and Christmas are celebrations honoring Ishtar and Saturn, both pagan gods.
Take it up with the Church.  They added it in.

Anyway, Rome lasted for 1,000 years.  How old is America again?  On right, not even half that.

totallackey

« Reply #6009 on: July 30, 2020, 12:11:50 PM »

Uh huh.

Rome.
ROme?

Aquaducts, paved roads.

My Jesus?

Try again.

Take it up with the Church.  They added it in.

Anyway, Rome lasted for 1,000 years.  How old is America again?  On right, not even half that.
So?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: July 30, 2020, 01:51:10 PM »
Trump suggests postponing the election!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53597975
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: July 30, 2020, 02:14:59 PM »
Trump suggests postponing the election!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53597975

Is anyone shocked?

"Hey... Can we delay until my poll numbers are better?"

totallackey

« Reply #6012 on: July 30, 2020, 02:30:33 PM »
More reality TV masking the behind the scenes takeover of what once was great constitutional republic.

Mail in voting is just a scam.

But then again, the Democratic Candidate is an acknowledged scam.

And the Republican Candidate has always been a Democrat.

Rama Set

« Reply #6013 on: July 30, 2020, 03:43:55 PM »
Mail-in voting isn’t a scam. It’s been widely used for a long time.

Trump trying to undermine the democracy isn’t surprising at this point but it would blow up in his face since Pelosi takes over of Trump tries to stall.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: July 30, 2020, 04:30:53 PM »

Absentee voting is not the same as the mail-in voting that is being demanded.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:07:48 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6015 on: July 30, 2020, 06:15:08 PM »

Ummm... They have both been widely used, Tom.
Also, whats the difference?  Hell, its not that much different from voting in person except the person looking at your signature to ensure it matches doesn't see your face.

Rama Set

« Reply #6016 on: July 30, 2020, 09:00:25 PM »

Maybe instead of making stupid tweets about delaying the election Trump should develop a system to ensure mail-in voting is safer than it already is?  Sounds like what a responsible leader might do. My suggestion, make the system resemble the first part of your overly dramatic meme and not the second.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: July 30, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »

Maybe instead of making stupid tweets about delaying the election Trump should develop a system to ensure mail-in voting is safer than it already is?  Sounds like what a responsible leader might do. My suggestion, make the system resemble the first part of your overly dramatic meme and not the second.

I'm not even sure what makes one secure over the other.  They are literally the same ballot: a piece of normal paper.  The difference is that the state prints one and I print the other.  (I print the absentee btw)

Otherwise, they are identical.  And if Tom thinks having some database somewhere that says I requested it is somehow secure then I just gotta laugh because that shit is super easy to fake.  SSN and DoB.  Done.  I get a ballot.  Gettting a ballot has no real security.  Its the receipt of the ballot that's the security.  Same as mail in.  Exact god damn same.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: July 30, 2020, 10:54:11 PM »
RIP Herman Cain, victim of Trump's Tulsa rally.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: July 30, 2020, 11:20:31 PM »
Maybe instead of making stupid tweets about delaying the election Trump should develop a system to ensure mail-in voting is safer than it already is?  Sounds like what a responsible leader might do.

He complained about the voting not being satisfactory in 2016 (at least, until he WON)

He's had 3.5 years to make it safer, but has not.

Why not?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?