Offline TomFoolery

• Seeking truth, the flatter the better
    • View Profile
I got a second warning for no reason
« on: March 04, 2019, 06:26:12 PM »
So I just checked into my second warning in 24 hours.

In the community section, which is clearly about things that effect the community, Tom and Bill said:

It should be noted that the Flat Earth Society was not consulted with the science of the documentary and that the topics discussed should be further researched.
Who in the Flat Earth Society is a recognized scientist of note?  Who would the makers of the film actually consult with?

to which I simply replied:

Who in the Flat Earth Society is a recognized scientist of note?  Who would the makers of the film actually consult with?
the great Flat Earth zetetic Dr. Tom Bishop
(https://wiki.tfes.org/Electromagnetic_Accelerator)

The description "the great Flat Earth zetetic Dr. Tom Bishop" was directly from the wiki.

The private message I got said it was for "off topic."

But how in the world is that off topic? It was about community. The question was who in the flat earth society should be consulted by film makers?
Seeing as how Dr. Tom seems to be very prominent here and have an answer for everything, it made sense to me.

Thanks

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: I got a second warning for no reason
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:28:15 PM »
Okay, here's your last chance. You can stop shitposting in the upper or we can accept that you're not interested in staying here :)

Thaaaaanks!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Mysfit

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »
Careful, I got a warning for arguing with a mod about something being off-topic or not.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »
Do you really think anyone's interested in this simpering innocent act?
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »
Have to say from my experience moderating fora, one of the things which really winds me up is the whole wide eyed innocent "who me?" act.
TomF, give it a rest. It's been quite amusing but the joke rapidly wore thin.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 09:04:00 PM »
Have to say from my experience moderating fora, one of the things which really winds me up is the whole wide eyed innocent "who me?" act.
TomF, give it a rest. It's been quite amusing but the joke rapidly wore thin.
On the other hand though, having been on the wrong side of the moderators I can see how it could be frustrating if TomF is genuine and just a little quirky, being accused of such things. I mean after all there is no real evidence he's actually a trolling RE'er (unless the moderators can see something we can't), just peoples interpretation of him. It could be either way even if it does look obviously trollish. Although he isn't doing himself any favours by 'lashing out' right now.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

totallackey

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »
You post Tom Bishop's name with the title "Dr." added and you think the warning is senseless?

If I was a mod, your account would have been nuked.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 02:13:08 PM »
You post Tom Bishop's name with the title "Dr." added and you think the warning is senseless?

In the wiki article itself it says

β - the Bishop constant, named in honour of the great Flat Earth zetetic Dr. Tom Bishop, which defines the magnitude of the acceleration on a horizontal light ray due to Dark Energy. When the theory is complete, attempts will be made to measure this experimentally.
(emphasis mine)

That probably had no bearing in giving the warning anyways, the post was already said to be warned for being offtopic, it wasn't given for insulting.
We are smarter than those scientists.
I see multiple contradicting explanations. You guys should have a pow-wow and figure out how your model works.

totallackey

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »

In the wiki article itself it says

β - the Bishop constant, named in honour of the great Flat Earth zetetic Dr. Tom Bishop, which defines the magnitude of the acceleration on a horizontal light ray due to Dark Energy. When the theory is complete, attempts will be made to measure this experimentally.
(emphasis mine)

That probably had no bearing in giving the warning anyways, the post was already said to be warned for being offtopic, it wasn't given for insulting.
Nuke the wiki author too then...

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 07:11:33 PM »
I also value my employment and do not intend on exposing myself directly in any capacity or explaining anything beyond vague details.
That's a good philosophy on the internet, especially on a forum such as this one. I shudder at the thought of what would happen if you were doxed by an angry noob.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

BillO

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 08:59:07 PM »
I do have an academic background and proper credentials.
That covers a lot of ground.  You could certainly tell us what your academic background is without threatening you employment.   After all, you could have a degree in fantasy literature.

In fact, I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.
Sorry, but what does this mean?  I can't make any sense of it.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 09:20:44 PM »
This thread is going off the rails.

Locked.