Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
Re: What is that speck of light we spherical Earthlings call satellites?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 10:23:57 PM »
It was sarcasm. I was taking something you obviously consider to be some kind of widespread phenomenon of people locating, looking at, and photographic specks of light, and showing that it isn't nearly as common as you think. I'm sure I could go to satellite watching specific forums, that have about 6 active members to learn more about these specks of light, but an overwhelming majority of people just take it for granted that they exist and can be seen.
Actually you can blame google for that, here's a dozen photograph of the ISS from the ground
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ground+pictures+of+ISS&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj84bD5x_3LAhXPBo4KHVQmCkoQ_AUIBigB

not that there isn't photos of other satellites in the internet, but because our search engine is imperfect.

That's the kind of blind trust I can't fathom. Most people are just willing to accept whatever is told to them without doing the research or having the first hand experience to verify it. Not that I haven't been guilty of that in the past.
I did research this, i looked through many website tracking the ISS and i saw it on my location just on time like the website predicted,
the ISS is about as bright as Venus/Jupiter, it doesn't blink or twinkle, it doesn't leave a trail, it rises in west and sets in east and it's motion is noticeable.
Now this thread here is to discuss what that speck of light supposed to be, which no flat Earthers seem to show interest of knowing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:38:11 PM by UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet »
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 05:24:26 AM »
It was sarcasm. I was taking something you obviously consider to be some kind of widespread phenomenon of people locating, looking at, and photographic specks of light, and showing that it isn't nearly as common as you think. I'm sure I could go to satellite watching specific forums, that have about 6 active members to learn more about these specks of light, but an overwhelming majority of people just take it for granted that they exist and can be seen.
Actually you can blame google for that, here's a dozen photograph of the ISS from the ground
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ground+pictures+of+ISS&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj84bD5x_3LAhXPBo4KHVQmCkoQ_AUIBigB

not that there isn't photos of other satellites in the internet, but because our search engine is imperfect.

That's the kind of blind trust I can't fathom. Most people are just willing to accept whatever is told to them without doing the research or having the first hand experience to verify it. Not that I haven't been guilty of that in the past.
I did research this, i looked through many website tracking the ISS and i saw it on my location just on time like the website predicted,
the ISS is about as bright as Venus/Jupiter, it doesn't blink or twinkle, it doesn't leave a trail, it rises in west and sets in east and it's motion is noticeable.
Now this thread here is to discuss what that speck of light supposed to be, which no flat Earthers seem to show interest of knowing.

What is up with a lot of you guys thinking I'm taking specifically to them. Are you most people Union? I was unaware you represent the majority of the planet, no wait, solar system.

My point wasn't that no one had ever seen the ISS, and I'll guess I'll have to take your word for it. My point was most people generally accept it's existence without ever seeing it. The blind trust I referred to.

If you have an issue with that very factual statement then address it, but for the love of God will you guys stop answering my rhetorical questions?

I'm kinda disappointed no one is digging into my cheating ex metaphor though lol
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:27:18 AM by TheTruthIsOnHere »

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 05:35:48 AM »
My point wasn't that no one had ever seen the ISS, and I'll guess I'll have to take your word for it. My point was most people generally accept it's existence without ever seeing it. The blind trust I referred to.

"Seeing something with your own eyes" is neither the only possible source of information, nor is it a privileged one. Using all your observations in order to come to a conclusion is the opposite of blind trust.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
I really don't know why I bothered.
You posted a bunch of cookie-cutting sniffing sites. 

You did not post a live stream of anything. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2016, 05:22:46 AM »
You did not post a live stream of anything.

Incorrect.  I linked to the live feed from the ISS.  Which is a live feed.  Here, I'll do it again:
Live Feed from the ISS
Maybe when you clicked on it, they were having a transmission problem because they weren't over a receiving station on the ground, or they were in the earth's shadow and the live feed was a video of darkness.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2016, 11:24:27 AM »
Attention please!
We're supposed to discuss the "speck of light" that we spherical Earthlings call satellites
for the sake of argument let's just focus on these photos of ISS and discuss what is this "speck of light" is:

The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html