Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5960 on: July 20, 2020, 12:29:46 PM »
Now Stone is denying having said it because it’s totally fine that he said it.

And there is no evidence he said anything.  Obviously.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: July 20, 2020, 10:53:55 PM »
If he had meant to be racist he would have said the other n-word, not the generic old person PC word for 'black guy'.

I don't want to argue with this negro. = I don't want to argue with this black guy.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Pretty sure thats a racist context to.  Since 'guy' would have been exactly as effective.  Adding black or Negro is like me saying "I don't wanna argue with this white guy." Its pointless except to draw attention to the person's race.

Really? So black people are racist when they refer to someone as "that white guy" and anyone is racist when they describe someone by their race?

Ryan Bridge: Is it racist to identify someone by their race?

The lovely woman behind the counter asked for my name because it was so busy, and written on the docket following my name was a description.

"It says ‘tall, white guy’ on the receipt."

It made me smile because it wasn't that long ago that I wrote an opinion piece on the newshub website about exactly this but in reverse. A woman complained to the media after a receipt which she was handed at a cafe said Asian woman on it.

She slammed the cafe as racist, I will not slam this restaurant has racist. That is because they were using the colour of my skin and my height as identifiers.

Question; do I feel racially aggrieved? Answer No.

Question; can a white person be racially aggrieved? Answer; of course they can.

Ryan then reads from his original opinion piece which you can find here.

"I say identifying a group by race is not racism."

Racism would be if it were implied that there was something wrong with or inferior about someone's race. Labelling somebody as racist for describing an Asian as such is equivalent to labelling somebody sexist for describing a woman as such.

"Ethnic labels are not in and of themselves racist."

If they were could we not being considered the government racist for identifying and creating data on certain cohorts of society by race?

Racism should be condemned but only when it actually occurs and that's the case in this example too. To be honest with you the woman was busy, the restaurant was packed, and she was a nice girl. She was just doing a quick shorthand to try and make sure she knew who it was that ordered what on a busy day. She was not racist. Not for a second would I think she was racist. Now if she had thrown the food at me and told me to get out of the cafe in a hurry, well, I might have a different opinion but she didn't.

Stop trying to race bait. It's not racist to refer to someone by their race.

Rama Set

« Reply #5962 on: July 20, 2020, 10:59:25 PM »
I love how Tom keeps on morphing his justifications slightly. He is using identity politics to justify it now. The whole time he is unabashedly hypocritical about what he criticizes who for.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: July 21, 2020, 12:13:51 AM »
definition of platform?

I took at look at the definition of platform:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/platform

plat·​form | \ ˈplat-ˌfȯrm  \
Definition of platform
1: PLAN

Hillary Clinton ran on a plan of using her gender to be elected president, as she had little else.

2: a declaration of the principles on which a group of persons stands

Break glass ceilings, woman power, etc.

Again, a terrible failed tactic.

Rama Set

« Reply #5964 on: July 21, 2020, 04:45:21 AM »
derp

"especially : a declaration of principles and policies adopted by a political party or a candidate" (emphasis my own)

Meanwhile, in 2020, Trump is sending in federal agents to abduct citizens in to cars, presiding over the world's worst pandemic response, and lining the pockets of billionaires while doing it.  Fucking beauty.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: July 21, 2020, 04:47:46 AM »
If he had meant to be racist he would have said the other n-word, not the generic old person PC word for 'black guy'.

I don't want to argue with this negro. = I don't want to argue with this black guy.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Pretty sure thats a racist context to.  Since 'guy' would have been exactly as effective.  Adding black or Negro is like me saying "I don't wanna argue with this white guy." Its pointless except to draw attention to the person's race.

Really? So black people are racist when they refer to someone as "that white guy" and anyone is racist when they describe someone by their race?

Ryan Bridge: Is it racist to identify someone by their race?

The lovely woman behind the counter asked for my name because it was so busy, and written on the docket following my name was a description.

"It says ‘tall, white guy’ on the receipt."

It made me smile because it wasn't that long ago that I wrote an opinion piece on the newshub website about exactly this but in reverse. A woman complained to the media after a receipt which she was handed at a cafe said Asian woman on it.

She slammed the cafe as racist, I will not slam this restaurant has racist. That is because they were using the colour of my skin and my height as identifiers.

Question; do I feel racially aggrieved? Answer No.

Question; can a white person be racially aggrieved? Answer; of course they can.

Ryan then reads from his original opinion piece which you can find here.

"I say identifying a group by race is not racism."

Racism would be if it were implied that there was something wrong with or inferior about someone's race. Labelling somebody as racist for describing an Asian as such is equivalent to labelling somebody sexist for describing a woman as such.

"Ethnic labels are not in and of themselves racist."

If they were could we not being considered the government racist for identifying and creating data on certain cohorts of society by race?

Racism should be condemned but only when it actually occurs and that's the case in this example too. To be honest with you the woman was busy, the restaurant was packed, and she was a nice girl. She was just doing a quick shorthand to try and make sure she knew who it was that ordered what on a busy day. She was not racist. Not for a second would I think she was racist. Now if she had thrown the food at me and told me to get out of the cafe in a hurry, well, I might have a different opinion but she didn't.

Stop trying to race bait. It's not racist to refer to someone by their race.

Context, Tom, Context.
Skin color identifier isn't racist if used to identify in a group of mixed races where suck identifier can narrow down the person you are referring to.  Like 'That tall guy' 'That ugly woman' 'The smug looking jackass'

But when you are speaking ONLY to one person and referring to ONLY that person when talking to YOURSELF, its. Racist overtone regardless of which race.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: July 21, 2020, 09:03:03 PM »
"especially : a declaration of principles and policies adopted by a political party or a candidate" (emphasis my own)

Meanwhile, in 2020, Trump is sending in federal agents to abduct citizens in to cars, presiding over the world's worst pandemic response, and lining the pockets of billionaires while doing it.  Fucking beauty.

The first definition is PLAN alone. Therefore you are incorrect. The definition is plan, can be used to mean plan, and is the primary definition.

The second definition is "a declaration of the principles on which a group of persons stand". You are incorrect again, even on this definition. In the commentary or guidance of the second definition it says "especially : a declaration of principles and policies adopted by a political party or a candidate". That is not the definition, however, and is commentary/guidance on how it is usually used. The second definition is "a declaration of the principles on which a group of persons stand". It can involve "policies," and this is often involved, but is not the definition.

So we see multiple issues on the understanding of a simple word, on what it means and how it can be used. You must resort to an interpretation of a commentary to a secondary definition, reading that it says that policies are often involved, and declaring to us that it must always involve policies, rather than relying on the definitions themselves.

Rama Set

« Reply #5967 on: July 21, 2020, 09:19:06 PM »
I mean, you had to ignore the part where it talks especially about political platforms just so you could make a dig at a candidate from 4 years ago, but tell me more about your high ground.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: July 21, 2020, 10:41:34 PM »
I mean, you had to ignore the part where it talks especially about political platforms just so you could make a dig at a candidate from 4 years ago, but tell me more about your high ground.

I read a simple definition. The first definition was 'plan', and the guidance of the second definition said 'especially', not 'always'. I would suggest actually looking up words before attempting to take a superior high ground on definitions.

Rama Set

« Reply #5969 on: July 21, 2020, 11:57:40 PM »
Especially means to “single out one thing above all others”. When speaking of a political platform the definition I cited subordinates all other definitions.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5970 on: July 22, 2020, 11:03:19 AM »
Four months too late, Trump now espouses the benefits of masks....

No comment on the murder of a Judge's son, injury of her husband, but wishes Ms Maxwell "well" with her charges of child trafficking and such.....
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #5971 on: July 22, 2020, 11:24:58 AM »

No comment on the murder of a Judge's son, injury of her husband, but wishes Ms Maxwell "well" with her charges of child trafficking and such.....
Four months too late, the media is pushing the idea of masks could somehow be beneficial, which is a farce in and of itself.

There were even media present not wearing a mask.

The media was asking questions about the federal judge, Ghislain Maxwell, and pedos, during a coronavirus task briefing?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: July 22, 2020, 12:45:40 PM »

Four months too late, the media is pushing the idea of masks could somehow be beneficial, which is a farce in and of itself.

The media was asking questions about the federal judge, Ghislain Maxwell, and pedos, during a coronavirus task briefing?

I'm not talking about any particular briefing. Has Trump made ANY comment on the murder of the Judge's son? If not, how does he find it appropriate to send best wishes to someone charged with child trafficking and such?

Months ago, most everyone, including the media, accepted that masks were A GOOD THING. Most, apart from Trump and his cult of GOP, and a few "but mah freedumbs" wackjobs in Starbucks and the like....

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #5973 on: July 22, 2020, 03:17:14 PM »

I'm not talking about any particular briefing. Has Trump made ANY comment on the murder of the Judge's son? If not, how does he find it appropriate to send best wishes to someone charged with child trafficking and such?

Months ago, most everyone, including the media, accepted that masks were A GOOD THING. Most, apart from Trump and his cult of GOP, and a few "but mah freedumbs" wackjobs in Starbucks and the like....
Most all lemmings run head first off a cliff.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: July 22, 2020, 03:50:20 PM »

Explain how that is comparable with the COVID situation, please.

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #5975 on: July 22, 2020, 03:54:10 PM »

Explain how that is comparable with the COVID situation, please.
You were writing about how "most of the country believes..."this," or "most of the country believes..."that."

One, you are not a resident of the US, and I am.

If I have no clue about what most of the country believes, then it can certainly be a sound conclusion that you have no clue either.

Second, it doesn't matter what most of the country believes about anything.

That belief is not the be all and end all.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: July 22, 2020, 06:37:48 PM »
You were writing about how "most of the country believes..."this," or "most of the country believes..."that."

Not what I said.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: July 23, 2020, 08:31:24 AM »
Trump advert shows protests in Portland, with lots of tear gas deployment by feds, with the byline "THIS will be Biden's America" ... but the footage is from days ago - during Trump's presidency, in his first term, 3.5 years in .....

So it's showing Trump's America

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: July 23, 2020, 10:37:00 AM »
Trump advert shows protests in Portland, with lots of tear gas deployment by feds, with the byline "THIS will be Biden's America" ... but the footage is from days ago - during Trump's presidency, in his first term, 3.5 years in .....

So it's showing Trump's America

Yeah but they're gassing Liberals, so its ok.