I don't know a single man that can.

I might have to start watching it now.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Just Watched
« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2014, 05:45:36 AM »

I might have to start watching it now.
Before you do let me warn you. Kazinsky may have been the hottest guy but he was the dumbest character (aside from Bill becoming the vampire god), he was a faerie/vampire half breed. Yeah. Faerie vampire.

But he was a day walker because of it so whenever I watch Blade again I'll think about how Wesley Snipes must be a faerie vampire.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 09, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »

How many men in relationships can?
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 09, 2014, 03:43:50 PM »
I don't know any man that can.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 09, 2014, 05:50:34 PM »
Has anyone seen Boyhood? The guys at RLM hated it, but most critics seem to love it.
I haven't seen it, but like most of Linklater's other films I'm guessing it's for people who enjoy Richard Linklater films. I'm fortunate enough to be one of those people, so I'm looking forward to it hitting BD.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
I watched GotG.  It was good.  The villain was lame.

« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2014, 10:44:28 PM »
Has anyone seen Boyhood? The guys at RLM hated it, but most critics seem to love it.
I haven't seen it, but like most of Linklater's other films I'm guessing it's for people who enjoy Richard Linklater films. I'm fortunate enough to be one of those people, so I'm looking forward to it hitting BD.

Yeah, they did mention that. Jay at least liked most of it, as he said he enjoys Linklater's films.

Ghost of V

« Reply #608 on: August 11, 2014, 05:32:29 AM »
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy today.

Really overhyped. 4/10. My main issue was that it didn't follow the comics accurately, followed by the completely generic soundtrack consisting of "best of the oldies! 98.9!!!". Also, the characters were shallow with barely any backstory.

Regardless, still the best Marvel movie I've ever seen.

« Reply #609 on: August 11, 2014, 07:00:21 AM »

Really overhyped. 4/10. My main issue was that it didn't follow the comics accurately, followed by the completely generic soundtrack consisting of "best of the oldies! 98.9!!!". Also, the characters were shallow with barely any backstory.

>not hans zimmer
>generic sound track

But really, the comics mean jack shit. It makes no difference how loyal movies are to their source material, only how well they're constructed as movies.

Ghost of V

« Reply #610 on: August 11, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »

But really, the comics mean jack shit. It makes no difference how loyal movies are to their source material, only how well they're constructed as movies.

That explains why Marvel hasn't made a good movie since well... ever.

Correction, Spiderman 3 was pretty good.

« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2014, 09:25:29 AM »
epic bait

Ghost of V

« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »
Well, one point in my first post still stands: it was the best Marvel movie I've ever seen.

I actually really liked it. It pains me because I couldn't find much to bitch about. Chris Pratt was great, like I suspected he would be, and Rocket was awesome.

The biggest issue, like others have stated, was the villain and the "chase the macguffin" plot (although this was lampshaded a few times, which I appreciated). The movie was so much fun that it was hard to care about the conventional storyline and shallow villain. I would have liked more Thanos screentime, but whatever. Knowhere was also a really cool setting, something you'd see out of Doctor Who or something.

I haven't seen Avengers or many Marvel movies recently, but isn't an infinity stone the driving force behind a few different recent Marvel movies?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2014, 04:55:59 PM »
I haven't seen Avengers or many Marvel movies recently, but isn't an infinity stone the driving force behind a few different recent Marvel movies?
Yeah, so there are three (or four depending on who you ask) stones accounted for.

Tesseract = space
Aether = reality
Loki's scepter = mind
And the orb in Guardians = power

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2014, 05:02:14 PM »
Then yes. Another thing I forgot is that this is another marvel movie driven by a macguffin.

The Infinity Stones are not MacGuffins!  Well, okay, they kind of are, but they're not just interchangeable plot coupons.  They all do different things, and they're probably all going to reappear in the future.

EDIT: What a strange coincidence, the most recent two posts touched on this subject.  Anyway, yes, it's rumored that Loki's scepter contains the mind stone, but hasn't been confirmed.

Ghost of V

« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
So, what? That's like 3+ movies based around chasing macguffins?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »
So, what? That's like 3+ movies based around chasing macguffins?
Just 3 movies.

I really want an infinity gauntlet movie.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #617 on: August 11, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »
Four if you include the first Captain America, but that didn't really drive the plot in the way that MacGuffins typically do, it was more incidental to the story.

The gauntlet was briefly shown in the first Thor movie.  Did you see it?

Ghost of V

« Reply #618 on: August 11, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
Four if you include the first Captain America, but that didn't really drive the plot in the way that MacGuffins typically do, it was more incidental to the story.

The First Avenger? That was literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

How dare you even bring that up.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 11, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »

The gauntlet was briefly shown in the first Thor movie.  Did you see it?
Yes I did. Did you guys notice Warlock's cacoon at the Collector's?