Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
Re: Science and FET
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 06:28:42 AM »

Your analysis of why they touch has not been proven. I can imagine 30 different reasons for why they touch. We need experimentation before assuming any particular cause.

Provide those 30 different reasons so that any one of us might have the chance to perform a valid experiment.

Or, since you're the one with 30 different hypotheses, perform the experiments and provide your results with the wider world (flat and round Earthers alike) so that your experiments can be verified to be true or false.

You throw the scientific method and experimentation out there as if we have no understanding of the either concept yet you're not providing anything in your argument which adheres to the scientific method or can be experimented on.

I even provided you with an experiment which you could easily accomplish.  http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4953.msg95780#msg95780

As it stands, you're nothing more than a dog chasing his tail and the longer you go around in this circle the deeper you're going to dig yourself into a hole.  The longer you argue as you are without providing any type of proof or experimentation the more your ideas/theories look to be constructs of your own mind.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:36:48 AM by CableDawg »

Offline Venus

• View Profile
Re: Science and FET
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 11:45:35 PM »
Your analysis of why they touch has not been proven. I can imagine 30 different reasons for why they touch. We need experimentation before assuming any particular cause.
And yet you STILL won't share any of those reasons with us
Perhaps perspective has a fundamental distance limit, and its unrealistic to expect that we should be able to see things extremely far away.

But we ARE able to see the sun. Try again.

If there were more experimentation for how perspective at large distances, a conclusion could be drawn for how perspective works at larger scales.

Why are you so against the need for experimentation?

We have tons of experimental evidence that perspective works just fine at that scale. We have observed planets, the sun, the moon... all of which appear to be the correct size based on our understanding of perspective. We have been to the moon and looked back at the earth. We have sent probes to other planets, asteroids, and moons of other planets. No evidence has turned up indicating that perspective suddenly stops working at any distance around 3000 miles.

You demand experimental evidence that perspective doesn't suddenly stop working at large distances, but any experiment on the scale of 3000 miles is going to involve space. However, you automatically label anything involving space as "fake".

Do you see our problem? So: what kind of experiment would satisfy you? What do you propose?

Yes, it is possible that perspective suddenly stops obeying known physical laws at 3000 miles. But which theory is more likely: the one that behaves correctly according to all known physical laws, or the one that relies on sudden convenient lapses in physical laws in order to agree with reality? You tell me.

Shame we can't just round up all of the FE'ers, put them into a rocket aimed for the sun and blast them into space !!
... Never to return !!

They will have a beautiful view of our spherical planet as they disappear forever  ;D

Like creationists, young earthers, geocentricists, anti-vaxxers, climate change denialists and anti GMO nutters they will never believe the Science. Yet they sit in front of YouTube Uni for a couple of hours and think they have the knowledge of a PhD student from Stanford or Cambridge.

Since when is Science an opinion and not ... well .. not SCIENCE ??? These people don't live under a dome, they live in a bubble in a time warp !!

OKAY ... spend thousands of hours making observations, write a paper which presents your observations, experiments, and results and concludes that the earth is flat, have it peer reviewed and published ... and win a Nobel Prize !! lol

Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!