Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
Or maybe you do, since I've already addressed this.

You don't seem to understand the difference between simplicity by design and simplicity by accident. One is good, the other, not so much. This is why SotC has good design while Dark Souls does not.

Yes, you keep saying that, while I've already addressed this.

Incorrect, but of course you wouldn't know that.

You know what really is hilarious, I, ah well I won't spoil it.

ok

Of course it's easy, that's why I keep bringing up that you don't know shit. You don't have a leg to stand on, and all I have to do to counter your points is to demonstrate that.

It's so easy you're not making a point? You're making a point about making a point, but you seem to have forgotten the actual point. All you seem to be full of is excuses. This is exactly how the last argument degenerated, you can't admit that Dark Souls really is poorly designed. It's not even that great of a game, it's amazing your so glued to its ass.

I can't admit it because you've yet to make a convincing argument. See, I actually know the points you're trying to make are wrong, because I actually know how the game works whereas you don't. You can keep taking gut shots all you want, though. You've made like one good point about ranged combat and that's about it.

Irrelevant.

Filthy casual.

I'm just a casual, not a filthy one.

Disregard Beardo, acquire Blanko tears.

Yes, of course, I forgot you're only doing this to "rustle jimmies". Perhaps another move is in order?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »
le master troller
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2014, 12:20:54 AM »
I resent being called a filthy casual. Just because I don't play the game doesn't mean I'm not an expert on how it works.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2014, 12:52:35 AM »

Blanko uses dodge... its not very effective. Well, unless you were playing Dark Souls, then the description would be something to the phrase of instantly winning.

I can't admit it because you've yet to make a convincing argument. See, I actually know the points you're trying to make are wrong, because I actually know how the game works whereas you don't. You can keep taking gut shots all you want, though. You've made like one good point about ranged combat and that's about it.

You've been quietly (loudly) sweeping points under the rug, not addressing them. "No you're dumb" is not arguing my points, its basically admitting defeat.

I'm just a casual, not a filthy one.

I was going to say something along the lines of dirty or things like that and I didn't like the phrasing and euphemistic sounding of it.

Yes, of course, I forgot you're only doing this to "rustle jimmies". Perhaps another move is in order?

I'm not doing this to rustle jimmies, but if I rustle a few jimmies along the way, no big deal.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:49 AM »
This thread is relevant:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60154.0

I especially liked PP's comment:

Thork obviously has terrible opinions, but he at least expresses them clearly and responds to his opponents counter arguments directly. Every 8 out of 10 of Rushy's posts is something like "ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y", except with even less correct grammar and spelling.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 31, 2014, 01:23:12 AM »
PP was wise. Applies even more so today. Worst thread 2014

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 31, 2014, 04:28:20 AM »

Blanko uses dodge... its not very effective. Well, unless you were playing Dark Souls, then the description would be something to the phrase of instantly winning.

I'm not dodging anything. I'm telling you, I've already addressed your point, yet your reading comprehension continues to repeatedly fail you.

You've been quietly (loudly) sweeping points under the rug, not addressing them. "No you're dumb" is not arguing my points, its basically admitting defeat.

Classic Rushy projection, amirite? Let me remind you that I did attempt to demonstrate how Dark Souls is more complex than you claim it is, and you shot it down with this:

Those game mechanics are poorly implemented, in such a way that they are wholly unnecessary.

Now, I know your standards for "making a point" are very low, but usually you would include a thing called "reasoning". I'm really not sure what you expect me to address when you're not addressing any of my points first.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:38:47 AM by Blanko »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:01 AM »
I'm not dodging anything. I'm telling you, I've already addressed your point, yet your reading comprehension continues to repeatedly fail you.

Oh, we're playing by those rules, huh? In that case, I've already won. Why? Well, because I say so, of course. Arguing the Blanko way is a lot easier than actually putting effort into making points.

Classic Rushy projection, amirite? Let me remind you that I did attempt to demonstrate how Dark Souls is more complex than you claim it is, and you shot it down with this:

That's what you call an attempt?

Now, I know your standards for "making a point" are very low, but usually you would include a thing called "reasoning". I'm really not sure what you expect me to address when you're not addressing any of my points first.

Take the skill system for example. You could run through the entire game... and not even use it. Now you might say "well thats player choice man" no it isn't. It is horrific design. You can ignore an entire system in the game and still get through. They attempted to add complexity to the game that was wholly unnecessary. You would hardly notice if they never implemented it at all.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 31, 2014, 05:55:17 AM »

Oh, we're playing by those rules, huh? In that case, I've already won. Why? Well, because I say so, of course. Arguing the Blanko way is a lot easier than actually putting effort into making points.

Why are you trying so hard to pretend I haven't addressed your point? If you don't remember or know what I've said - despite you responding directly to it - you could just ask me to repeat it.

That's what you call an attempt?

Take the skill system for example. You could run through the entire game... and not even use it. Now you might say "well thats player choice man" no it isn't. It is horrific design. You can ignore an entire system in the game and still get through. They attempted to add complexity to the game that was wholly unnecessary. You would hardly notice if they never implemented it at all.

On the contrary, it's a sign of good design that the game is consistent in its design philosophy. Since the game is designed not to pull cheap spots on you, by extension you don't need to pad your stats to withstand cheap shots either. I don't see what's bad about giving the player options anyway. You say it is, but again... no reasoning.

In addition, if the stat system wasn't ignorable, that would mean it would be poorly designed. Because if it wasn't, that would mean the player would be forced to spec into something the game would expect you to require, completely eliminating the ability to specialize and thus defeating the purpose. It sounds to me like you want RPGs to be garbage where you raise stats because "lol bigger numbers".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:10:48 AM by Blanko »

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2014, 04:20:19 PM »
it's true, if you don't need something in a game then it's bad design.

I played through Skyrim without building up my heavy armour, double handed, smithing, enchanting, alchemy or conjuration skills. therefore this is a bad game.

Ghost of V

« Reply #291 on: March 31, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »
it's true, if you don't need something in a game then it's bad design.

I played through Skyrim without building up my heavy armour, double handed, smithing, enchanting, alchemy or conjuration skills. therefore this is a bad game.

I only leveled sneak and archery. I didn't put points in anything else. I was sneak shooting people with the bow for massive damage and blew through the game. Bad game design? Absolutely. Am I pissed because the developers gave me a lot of options? Absolutely.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:11:41 PM by Ghost of V »

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 31, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
To be fair, Skyrim is pretty bad

Ghost of V

« Reply #293 on: March 31, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »

I wouldn't say it's a terrible game, but it does have its flaws.... especially on the PS3.  :'(

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 31, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »
There are no great games.
The Mastery.

« Reply #295 on: March 31, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »
So Rushy has finally given up.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 31, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »
Not before wrangling some serious jammies, though.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 01, 2014, 01:25:49 AM »
Why are you trying so hard to pretend I haven't addressed your point? If you don't remember or know what I've said - despite you responding directly to it - you could just ask me to repeat it.

Oh, look, another strategy. "I'll just pretend I actually presented a point and project the dodging away, that'll work" --what's left of Blanko's brain.

On the contrary, it's a sign of good design that the game is consistent in its design philosophy. Since the game is designed not to pull cheap spots on you, by extension you don't need to pad your stats to withstand cheap shots either. I don't see what's bad about giving the player options anyway. You say it is, but again... no reasoning.

In addition, if the stat system wasn't ignorable, that would mean it would be poorly designed. Because if it wasn't, that would mean the player would be forced to spec into something the game would expect you to require, completely eliminating the ability to specialize and thus defeating the purpose. It sounds to me like you want RPGs to be garbage where you raise stats because "lol bigger numbers".

They're giving the player the wrong kind of options. The options should be "how do I want to strategize my character?" not "do I want to strategize my character?" Player options are good in a game, yes. The problem is these are pretty terrible player options.

So Rushy has finally given up.

Believe it or not, I'm not on the forum 24/7.

« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2014, 03:26:16 AM »
Believe it or not, I'm not on the forum 24/7.

Bugger.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2014, 04:04:51 AM »
no m8 its gr8
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume