Re: Trump
« Reply #8340 on: January 14, 2021, 09:42:45 PM »
I hadn't realized that an impeachment trial could extend beyond the end of Trump's term and possibly bar him from seeking office again. I had thought that Democrats were just trying to stick an impeachment charge that didn't even have a chance of going to trial in the interests of "first president to be impeached twice lol." In that case, I'm retracting my objection. Trump being barred from running again in 2024 is a perfect win-win result for both parties and the American people.

But also even if it was just tokenistic at this point, history should record accountability. Otherwise you'll get presidents feeling invincible to any consequences in the last days of their office. Afterall, if Trump could mount a full on insurrection attempt that led to the deaths of 5 people and not get any consequence, what does that say?

Impeach him regardless. History should record it for future generations to study and know that their government didn't sit on their hands and do nothing about the treason of a sitting president

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: January 15, 2021, 12:12:53 AM »
Fuck going through this again in 4 years time.

What are you going through? You don't even live in America or are an American.

Rama Set

« Reply #8342 on: January 15, 2021, 12:34:13 AM »

This might come as a surprise to you, but the USA has contact with foreign nations.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: January 15, 2021, 01:00:04 AM »

This might come as a surprise to you, but the USA has contact with foreign nations.

What did Trump do to your foreign nation that makes you feel bad?

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: January 15, 2021, 01:14:31 AM »
Trump created (or maybe just unleashed) a ridiculous sense of american protectionism that cause numerous unnecessary trade disputes, launched renegotiation of major trade pacts, fostered a growing sense of populism that has spread to numerous countries and state level governments, cozied up to foreign dictators, treating racist protesters and their counter-protesters as equals....created a role model for students that seems to show that it's ok to lie, be misogynistic, borderline racists, lie some more, use power for you own gain....

Rama Set

« Reply #8345 on: January 15, 2021, 01:19:56 AM »

What did Trump do to your foreign nation that makes you feel bad?

Everything Iceman said, as well as promoting being a prick as a successful model for leadership which has polluted politics abroad.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: January 15, 2021, 01:44:17 AM »
I don't see the word Canada in there. Are you saying that Trump did not really do anything bad to your country and you have really just been hate larping?

Pretending that you care about the role models in other countries, funny.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: January 15, 2021, 01:47:38 AM »
Not everything he did that was dislikeable  had to be done to one country in particular. For Canada, it would probably be (on top of the other stuff already listed): softwood lumber disputes, dairy farmer agression, aluminum and steel tariffs, shite handling of covid forcing us to keep the border closed... for Mexico, itd be the "rapist and thieves talk" building and paying for[!?!] the wall, strong arming NAFTA renegotiations, UK would have their own, Germany's chancellor has a PhD and Trump treats her like he treats his current wife. I'm sure I could go on.

The leader of the US is the most influential person in the world. Getting to that point while being a lying crass narcissist who says whatever comes to his mind, refusing all repercussions and questioning, and isolating himself by surrounding himself by sycophants trying to hide is his wake to gain prominence is sad and sends a shitty message to the next generation.

Rama Set

« Reply #8348 on: January 15, 2021, 02:16:59 AM »
I don't see the word Canada in there. Are you saying that Trump did not really do anything bad to your country and you have really just been hate larping?

Pretending that you care about the role models in other countries, funny.

You don’t see the word Canada in where? Are you looking in a dark can?

I have to explain to my son why 75M Americans voted for an awful leader. I have to deal with the economic consequences of his Xenophobia. I have to deal with how he is empowered assholes to run for local offices.

I’m sorry that you genuinely can’t comprehend this. On the other hand, it does explain why you think Trump is good at his job.

Can we please have your next super accurate prediction as to when Trump will turn this election around now?

« Reply #8349 on: January 15, 2021, 02:47:37 AM »
Trump has, made the world, which we all have to live in, a much more dangerous place

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: January 15, 2021, 02:53:10 AM »
Can we please have your next super accurate prediction as to when Trump will turn this election around now?

I'm pretty sure the Falconer and the Survivor contestant with their terabytes of Obama administration treasonous acts that Tom championed will see this through.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: January 15, 2021, 03:12:33 AM »
I have to explain to my son why 75M Americans voted for an awful leader. I have to deal with the economic consequences of his Xenophobia. I have to deal with how he is empowered assholes to run for local offices.

Wait, you're claiming that your son is asking you why a foreign country elected its president?

"Daddy, why did America elect Donald Trump." Is that how your conversations go? And you don't know how to answer him so that's a bad thing Trump did to you. He made you look baffled when talking to your son?

What economic consequences did you suffer from Trump? Can you be specific?

Rama Set

« Reply #8352 on: January 15, 2021, 04:03:50 AM »

Wait, you're claiming that your son is asking you why a foreign country elected its president?

Yes.

"Daddy, why did America elect Donald Trump." Is that how your conversations go? And you don't know how to answer him so that's a bad thing Trump did to you. He made you look baffled when talking to your son?

You will understand if someone decides to reproduce with you.

What economic consequences did you suffer from Trump? Can you be specific?

Try and keep up.  Iceman already explained how Trump has adversely affected the Canadian economy.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: January 15, 2021, 04:21:42 AM »
So it's Trump's fault that you are confused when talking to your son, and whatever economic adversity he put on Canada is too obscure for it to be readily cited and specified. Got it.

Rama Set

« Reply #8354 on: January 15, 2021, 04:25:14 AM »
So it's Trump's fault that you are confused when talking to your son, and whatever economic adversity he put on Canada is too obscure for it to be readily cited and specified. Got it.

No one is surprised that you decided to fabricate falsehoods from what I have said.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: January 15, 2021, 04:33:53 AM »
A country with a nuclear arsenal capable of incinerating humanity several times over again with a mad man holding the launch codes? 

I can see how other countries might be uniquely terrified by our politics in a way that we might find it hard to appreciate.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: January 15, 2021, 08:53:59 AM »

It’s strange how people who live in a country which they believe to be the best (lol, no) and most powerful (yes) country in the world don’t understand that goings on in America affect other countries. Other people have expanded on that. Couple of other things I’d add
The Paris Climate agreement withdrawal concerns me as does Trump’s general refusal to understand or believe in climate change science. I saw a video recently where concerns about climate change were related to him and he just said “don’t worry, it’ll get cooler”. Just like he said “don’t worry, it’ll go away, like a miracle” about Covid. He seems to think him just saying stuff like that will make it happen which it demonstrably doesn’t.
Then there was the time that Trump and Kim Jong Un were conducting international diplomacy via a Twitter flame war “lol, ur old”, “ur fat!”. I wish I was exaggerating but that was pretty much how it went down. Two toddlers with nuclear buttons. Terrifying.

But you know what, even if there was no impact on other countries. Just generally I don’t like to see the US tearing itself apart like this. The divisions have grown under Trump and he has been there all along pouring petrol on the flames.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: January 15, 2021, 07:30:10 PM »

Rama Set

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: January 15, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »
How about linking a non-MSM non-liberal news source.

Here is one which was posted 38 minutes ago:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/15/nolte-rasmussen-poll-shows-no-slip-in-support-for-president-trump/

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:20:31 PM by Tom Bishop »