Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FES Video
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 09:55:28 PM »
I think there should be an American voice in the video. Not mine, though.

No, Crudblud's voice is amazing.  Thork's is a bit feminine, but acceptable.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 09:58:33 PM »
I mean to complement Crudblud. I've heard his awesome readings
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:02:54 PM by Sean »
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »
I am not enough of an authority to be in the video. The only thing I could possibly do is model shirts if we ever make those. But I'm not much of a fox just pretty average.

Thork

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »
I don't care if its crudblud's or mine. I'm happy to do it.

If you like, we can both do it and you guys can pick the one you think suits the video the best. Its not like its going to take very long if I'm just reading from a script.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »
You what, mate?

On a more serious note, I was thinking I could work on a short intro we could use in our videos consistently. Something like the first 8 seconds of this. Do people think this would be a good idea?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 11:11:42 PM »
On a more serious note, I was thinking I could work on a short intro we could use in our videos consistently. Something like the first 8 seconds of this. Do people think this would be a good idea?
Its a very good idea.

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 11:12:56 PM »
You what, mate?

I think it is a great idea. I'd love to see what you make.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »
I am not enough of an authority to be in the video. The only thing I could possibly do is model shirts if we ever make those. But I'm not much of a fox just pretty average.
You are the closest thing we have to a resident fox. If you were in the video it would at least prove that not all of the internet is guys. A good looking girl would spark more interest than any guy will. At least a small clip in the video promoting FE, would probably do wonders. That is if you don't mind putting yourself out there on the net.
God is real.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 12:23:19 AM »
I agree with it being an animation with no actual person in the video. Those are simply much more interesting to most of the internet, I think, whereas showing an actual person with a chalkboard is probably going to look comparatively amateur and kinda shoddy. Think slightly grainy, poor acoustics (almost definitely) that makes it seem filmed by some student for a school project...which is really just more a case of I doubt Rooster has professional recording equipment.

Whereas with a smaller animation and simply a voice-over, all we really need is an animator and a good microphone (which Crudblud might have, I don't know?).

Another important thing, I think, that a lot of people overlook, is that we should make sure to check the voice-over first. Moreso if Thork does it—no offense, it's just that Crudblud seems more like he'd be more inclined towards professional-sounding readings. I'd done acting and voice-over stuff in school for years, so I get overly critical about this stuff and get really upset with amateur readings where it's clearly from a script. :P
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2013, 12:25:19 AM »
I agree with it being an animation with no actual person in the video. Those are simply much more interesting to most of the internet, I think, whereas showing an actual person with a chalkboard is probably going to look comparatively amateur and kinda shoddy. Think slightly grainy, poor acoustics (almost definitely) that makes it seem filmed by some student for a school project...which is really just more a case of I doubt Rooster has professional recording equipment.

Whereas with a smaller animation and simply a voice-over, all we really need is an animator and a good microphone (which Crudblud might have, I don't know?).

Another important thing, I think, that a lot of people overlook, is that we should make sure to check the voice-over first. Moreso if Thork does it—no offense, it's just that Crudblud seems more like he'd be more inclined towards professional-sounding readings. I'd done acting and voice-over stuff in school for years, so I get overly critical about this stuff and get really upset with amateur readings where it's clearly from a script. :P

I agree with all of this.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 12:48:14 AM »
I could donate my voice if given a scrip
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Thork

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 12:55:24 AM »
You could donate both your kidneys, but I'm still not sure we'd want them.  :P

Do you have any talents we can use? Can you draw? Animate? design? Write? Oh wait, no you can't write.

We need to build our repository up. Are you good with google? We need flat earth sources and materials. Anything unusual about our history or flat earth theory is welcomed. We have the basics covered so we need the more rare links and info.

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 01:05:41 AM »
You could donate both your kidneys, but I'm still not sure we'd want them.  :P
You dont even know what I flippin sound like th*rk! >:(
Do you have any talents we can use? Can you draw? Animate? design? Write? Oh wait, no you can't write.
Who are you to call me out for breking rules in FES when your breking the rule of being the d word. Screw off I dont need this and I can write and quite well actuley
We need to build our repository up. Are you good with google? We need flat earth sources and materials. Anything unusual about our history or flat earth theory is welcomed. We have the basics covered so we need the more rare links and info.
I could serch up some links :-B
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396

Thork

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 01:10:41 AM »
Who are you to call me out for breking rules in FES when your breking the rule of being the d word. Screw off I dont need this and I can write and quite well actuley

I don't even ...

You know the things we are trying to acheive. If you can help, we will be grateful for that help.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 01:53:54 AM »

I don't even have a board of any kind to write on. I'm definitely not going to be the face of the FES, I'm here for the community. There's no way I was going to be in a video.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 02:35:24 AM »
Yeah, that'd be a big responsibility anyway...you'd be the national face, people would refer to and think of you whenever thinking about the Flat Earth Society at all. :P
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
I'm assuming there are others with a good mic, but I could try the reading as well. I have a good mic and I have a pretty dynamic voice, of course not comparable to Crudbluds or Thorks  :P, but I'll try it if need be.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »

I don't even ...

You know the things we are trying to acheive. If you can help, we will be grateful for that help.
You dont even what?

And yes I would vary like to give you as much help as posible :)
Yeah, that'd be a big responsibility anyway...you'd be the national face, people would refer to and think of you whenever thinking about the Flat Earth Society at all. :P
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me :)
Viva la FES!

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »
We should use EJ, he might help us get some more black people on the forums.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »
We should use EJ, he might help us get some more black people on the forums.
AFRICAN AMERICAN!!! And yes we should. I would be happy to lend my voice
Viva la FES!