finding curve
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:28:27 PM »
light bends, use something that doesnt or we can atleast control how much it bends

http://prnt.sc/f76oz0

if it is same length then they have no argument, if it doesnt reach then you dont have an argument

im an observer, dont believe either one i want to see someone actually using his head in avoiding a "conflict" to their results

everyone is going "i dont believe what you guys say or show" and "you dont know what ur talking about (vague reason #52) is the reason why ur wrong"

someone make it happen, a thread or something that wouldnt put strain on the poles is better i guess

Re: finding curve
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 05:28:41 AM »
It's not that easy. The formula to compute the difference (delta s) of the length (s) of the rope at the bottom and at the top (h) of the sticks is:

delta s = s * h / R

where R is the radius of the earth. On a distance of 5 km and a stick height of 1 m you get on the globe a difference of the rope length of 0.78 mm. It is impossible to measure this difference with a 5 km long rope because there are no ropes that are stiff enough.

But there is a simpler way to get the shape of the earth.

How far is the distance from the north pole to the equator? e = 10008 km.
How do we compute the circumference of the equator on the flat earth and on the globe?

FE: U = 2 * e * pi = 2 * 10008 km * 3.14159 = 62882 km
GE: U = 2 * R * pi = 2 * 6371 km * 3.14159 = 40030 km

How big is the measured circumference of the earth? 40030 km!

So I come to the conclusion that the earth is a globe!