Offline truth

• View Profile
Let do an experiment with certain rules
« on: November 18, 2016, 01:16:16 AM »
We have to give our proofs for our modules only according to our personal experience not by any source of information (Media,wikipedia,university)

According to my own experience I don't know what the shape of earth.

but I am waiting to people like intikam and other to share their experience

Offline truth

• View Profile
Re: Let do an experiment with certain rules
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 01:18:22 AM »
Please use short comments, not overload theories.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 03:41:13 AM »
I see the sun rise from behind the horizon and set behind the horizon (I have plenty of photos of sunsets)

The sun stays the same size from sunrise to sunset, that is evidence that its distance stays constant (not possible on the Flat earth) or very far distant compared to any change in distance.
          I have photos verifying this, though I did not take them, they were taken by a Flat Earther trying to prove the opposite!

Almost the same observations apply to the moon's rising, setting and size (I have plenty of my own photos of this).

We could get onto the stars and planets,
          but just which of the numerous Flat Earth models am I looking for evidence against? Every Flat Earther their own ideas.

There that's a start.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 03:43:13 AM »
I see the sun rise from behind the horizon and set behind the horizon (I have plenty of photos of sunsets)

The sun stays the same size from sunrise to sunset, that is evidence that its distance stays constant (not possible on the Flat earth) or very far distant compared to any change in distance.
          I have photos verifying this, though I did not take them, they were taken by a Flat Earther trying to prove the opposite!

Almost the same observations apply to the moon's rising, setting and size (I have plenty of my own photos of this).

but just which of the numerous Flat Earth models am I looking for evidence against? Every Flat Earther their own ideas.

There that's a start.
Very good, Thank you for your post,
This is a good evidence for thinking the earth to be peculiar shape, but could you tell what shape it is for sure ?

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 12:07:47 PM »

There that's a start.
Very good, Thank you for your post,
This is a good evidence for thinking the earth to be peculiar shape, but could you tell what shape it is for sure ?
Well, from one location that is not possible.

But if we are to believe what others around the world say, these observations apply everywhere. That seems to indicate that it is a sphere.

What else might you suggest? I've given evidence that it is a reasonably regular convex shape.

But, go play your own game, I know it's a Globe, you offer evidence for some contrary view and I might listen.

İntikam

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 12:52:40 PM »
We have to give our proofs for our modules only according to our personal experience not by any source of information (Media,wikipedia,university)

Please explain your findings in simple words I am really curious.

1- It is impossible the atmospher to resist to difuse to the space.

2- The google map is wrong. You can do your own experiment by using a google map. Find out your home. The up is north and the behind is south. Look the compass is your home on true direction seems on google map or not. High probability it is not. Because circle map forced to be curve. This caused some mistakes, otherwise is impossible.

3- The direction of ancient buildings are usually on main directions or important buildings. For example all mosques directions should be to Macca / Kabe a place in Saudi Arabia. Ancient mosques and newer mosques have different directions. Because after year 1600's, maps forced to change and cause all of them be wrong. I tried them to measure and saw the ancient buildings are on the true directions and newers are wrong.

4- All of objects pushes the others. This is one of the main rule of phsics which they are hiding to. on the contrary, the theory of "gravitation" to be is impossible. There is just air pressure like water pressure as weight. As water push us down, air is pushing us down. Look at to example:

In this experiment, water isin't falling. if there is gravitation, the pressure of atmospher can't resist the weight of water. because the pressures free from direction.

But in my opinion, the water isin't falling because there is no air to push it to down.

There is a lot of proof, specially NASA.

5- For example there is no experiment how a sattelite pass to thermosphere and van allen radiation belts. for more information you can research on "van allen belts".

6- You can use this experiment for calculate "about" the depth of center of the earth.

Actually google map is not true but not so wrong. So you can use it for measure "value of L" on map and can do your own experiment. I did that experiment two times and find out the depth of the earth as 170kms - 200kms between.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:56:06 PM by İntikam »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »
Please use short comments, not overload theories.
I myself have set up amateur telescopes in both northern and southern hemispheres.  In order to track stars for long exposure photograps, I aimed the equatorial mount along the axis of the round earth.  Doing so allowed those telescopes to perfectly track.  This is strong evidence that the earth actually is a round ball.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 10:09:46 PM »
I myself served for several years in the US Navy.  I have personally observed ships going over the horizon, actually out of sight and gone, which could not be returned to visibility with powerful optics.  I have observed ships with only the hull over the horizon with the superstructure still visible, and even for those ships I could not restore the hull to visibility; not with handheld binoculars, not even with the ship's "big eyes" which are essentially pair of telescopes mounted for binocular vision.  In order to qualify for certain roles aboard ship, I have personally calculated the distance from my ship to those ships using the math dictated by the curvature of a round earth, and had those calculations confirmed by the ship's radar.  The radar could still "see" this hulls of those ships because the radar dish is mounted way up high, and has a farther-away horizon than the people on the highest deck, and therefore it can resolve targets that are over the horizon to crewmembers standing watch.  Which is the whole point of mounting it way up high, of course, to gain extended detection range.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:20:49 PM by Rounder »
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 03:27:05 AM »
I myself served for several years in the US Navy.  I have personally observed ships going over the horizon, actually out of sight and gone, which could not be returned to visibility with powerful optics.  I have observed ships with only the hull over the horizon with the superstructure still visible, and even for those ships I could not restore the hull to visibility; not with handheld binoculars, not even with the ship's "big eyes" which are essentially pair of telescopes mounted for binocular vision.  In order to qualify for certain roles aboard ship, I have personally calculated the distance from my ship to those ships using the math dictated by the curvature of a round earth, and had those calculations confirmed by the ship's radar.  The radat could still "see" this hulls of those ships because the radar dish is mounted way up high, and has a farther-away horizon than the people on the highest deck, and therefore it can resolve targets that are over the horizon to crewmembers standing watch.  Which is the whole point of mounting it way up high, of course, to gain extended detection range.
I hope you took note of truth's admonition "Please use short comments, not overload theories."

geckothegeek

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 03:48:55 PM »
I myself served for several years in the US Navy.  I have personally observed ships going over the horizon, actually out of sight and gone, which could not be returned to visibility with powerful optics.  I have observed ships with only the hull over the horizon with the superstructure still visible, and even for those ships I could not restore the hull to visibility; not with handheld binoculars, not even with the ship's "big eyes" which are essentially pair of telescopes mounted for binocular vision.  In order to qualify for certain roles aboard ship, I have personally calculated the distance from my ship to those ships using the math dictated by the curvature of a round earth, and had those calculations confirmed by the ship's radar.  The radat could still "see" this hulls of those ships because the radar dish is mounted way up high, and has a farther-away horizon than the people on the highest deck, and therefore it can resolve targets that are over the horizon to crewmembers standing watch.  Which is the whole point of mounting it way up high, of course, to gain extended detection range.
I hope you took note of truth's admonition "Please use short comments, not overload theories."

In short, I have had the same experiences as Rounder, especially comparing visual estimates with actual radar measurements. .
The sailors on the main deck could see farther to the horizon than the sailors in the Liberty boat.
The officers on the bridge could see farther than the sailors on the main deck.
The lookout in the crow's nest could see farther than the officers on the bridge.
The radar antenna could see farther than any of them.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:44:16 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:15 AM »

According to my own experience I DO know that the shape of the earth is a sphere.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:23:32 AM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 02:14:55 PM »
I have launched several high altitude balloons with various camera configurations, ranging in altitude between 17km and 38km. From the photos I've taken, I can with certainty tell you that there's visible curvature from 24km and up. Not direct evidence for a spherical earth, could be the edge of a disc.

However, the HAB community is global. It's particularly big in Australia and England. Now, the photos I have taken compared to photos taken from balloons over Australia shows the same amount of curvature at the same altitude. That tells me that my location (Denmark) isn't closer to the middle of a (commonly thought of) flat earth than Australia, which at least tells me the earth is not a flat disc.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »
And just as the others, sailing and observing sun/moon rising and setting indicates to me that those objects are hiding behind something. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 06:01:16 PM »
I have launched several high altitude balloons with various camera configurations, ranging in altitude between 17km and 38km. From the photos I've taken, I can with certainty tell you that there's visible curvature from 24km and up. Not direct evidence for a spherical earth, could be the edge of a disc.

However, the HAB community is global. It's particularly big in Australia and England. Now, the photos I have taken compared to photos taken from balloons over Australia shows the same amount of curvature at the same altitude. That tells me that my location (Denmark) isn't closer to the middle of a (commonly thought of) flat earth than Australia, which at least tells me the earth is not a flat disc.

Shouldn't you determine what the common center with Australia is by this observation and then, based on this, find a spot where the "disc edge" should look different?  Then if it doesn't you have a stronger falsification, no?

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 05:49:43 AM »

Shouldn't you determine what the common center with Australia is by this observation and then, based on this, find a spot where the "disc edge" should look different?  Then if it doesn't you have a stronger falsification, no?
I guess being in contact with people who actually lives there counts as a personal experience as well. Unless I got a hold of someone who lied about living in Australia I guess.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 05:40:29 AM »
Plenty of years sailing, using charts based on the Earth being round, celestial navigation, seeing further from the mast than on the deck, seeing stuff appear from the top down or disappear from the bottom up.

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 09:51:04 PM »

Please explain your findings in simple words I am really curious.

1- It is impossible the atmospher to resist to difuse to the space.

2- The google map is wrong. You can do your own experiment by using a google map. Find out your home. The up is north and the behind is south. Look the compass is your home on true direction seems on google map or not. High probability it is not. Because circle map forced to be curve. This caused some mistakes, otherwise is impossible.

3- The direction of ancient buildings are usually on main directions or important buildings. For example all mosques directions should be to Macca / Kabe a place in Saudi Arabia. Ancient mosques and newer mosques have different directions. Because after year 1600's, maps forced to change and cause all of them be wrong. I tried them to measure and saw the ancient buildings are on the true directions and newers are wrong.

4- All of objects pushes the others. This is one of the main rule of phsics which they are hiding to. on the contrary, the theory of "gravitation" to be is impossible. There is just air pressure like water pressure as weight. As water push us down, air is pushing us down. Look at to example:

In this experiment, water isin't falling. if there is gravitation, the pressure of atmospher can't resist the weight of water. because the pressures free from direction.

But in my opinion, the water isin't falling because there is no air to push it to down.

There is a lot of proof, specially NASA.

5- For example there is no experiment how a sattelite pass to thermosphere and van allen radiation belts. for more information you can research on "van allen belts".

6- You can use this experiment for calculate "about" the depth of center of the earth.

Actually google map is not true but not so wrong. So you can use it for measure "value of L" on map and can do your own experiment. I did that experiment two times and find out the depth of the earth as 170kms - 200kms between.

I interrupt your conversation to say I disrespect you.

(credit to moose)