Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Now that İntikam has started a 'people I'm ignoring' list, I think he must fall in the True Believer camp.  After all, if he were just here having a laugh, the responses of round earthers like me would be the whole point, he wouldn't want to miss any.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

geckothegeek

As for "stupid".......I don't know if Intikam is really stupid or not.......But if he isn't, he's putting on a very good act at being so. LOL.

I have known a few people from Kansas. They are fairly intelligent. But just because Kansas is flat, they don't believe the world is some flat disc. Although they may not have ever been out of Kansas, they have studied enough geography to know that the earth is a globe.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:58:46 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

I have not enough english to undestand you completely but i want to answer what i understand.

First you need to leanr that there is not a flat map that everybody accepted.

We know that the round earth is a liae because it is impossible if the atmospher is spinnig with a speed from 1000 milph to 3.000 milph with don't difuses the sky. So the round earth model is completely impossible. But this impossibility don't caused by shape, it's caused by just movement.

There is a lot of models about flat earth, the globe is one of them. Your travel is possible with a hemi-sphere model like this:

This is orlando ferguson model near what i want to say.

Another model is "reverse curve model (inside curve)". This model permits what you say, and compatible with all of the measurements of the world. To understand second model, think the curve earth model is the outside of the curve, and reverse it out to in and in to out.

what I want to say is it is possible a lot of model except round earth or flat earth model that permits sitting on a mountain and see everywhere. don't rely on a single model. Just trust to God never lies.

Intikam, you might understand the speed of the earth's rotation if you looked at it from an "RPM" (Revolutions Per Minnute) viewpoint.
The earth makes 1 revolution in 24 hours. How many RPM's is that ? The same as the speed of the hour hand on a 24 hour clock !
Most  Serious Biblical Scholars I know say that you have to consider It in the context of when It was written, what was known at that time, and much of It is metaphoric, such as "the four corners", etc.

Jusf a thought. Maybe if posters such as Intikam could write their posts in their native language and use one of the many "language translator" websites to translate it to English , it would be more understanable and make more sense. On the other hand , maybe if we translated English to Turkish, that would help.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:34:45 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Just a thought. Maybe if posters such as Intikam could write their posts in their native language and use one of the many "language translator" websites to translate it to English, it would be more understanable and make more sense. On the other hand, maybe if we translated English to Turkish, that would help.

Those sites don't deal well with idiom, and often can't rearrange word order to make the syntax shift from one language to the other.  Simply doing a word by word 'translation' loses a lot of meaning and can be practically unreadable.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Just a thought. Maybe if posters such as Intikam could write their posts in their native language and use one of the many "language translator" websites to translate it to English, it would be more understanable and make more sense. On the other hand, maybe if we translated English to Turkish, that would help.

Those sites don't deal well with idiom, and often can't rearrange word order to make the syntax shift from one language to the other.  Simply doing a word by word 'translation' loses a lot of meaning and can be practically unreadable.

True but you will find that "Google Translate" does amazingly well, simply because it does not attempt to formulate rules and algorithms[1], but just analyses all the literature and writings it can find in each language, looking at how phrases and idiom have been translated.

I am just waiting for the time when so much material is machine translated, that "Google Translate" starts "feeding off itself"!

[1] I know that is really a tautology, but I like to pretend that I know some big words, I does make one feel a bit more erudite.

İntikam

I have not enough english to undestand you completely but i want to answer what i understand.

First you need to leanr that there is not a flat map that everybody accepted.

We know that the round earth is a liae because it is impossible if the atmospher is spinnig with a speed from 1000 milph to 3.000 milph with don't difuses the sky. So the round earth model is completely impossible. But this impossibility don't caused by shape, it's caused by just movement.

There is a lot of models about flat earth, the globe is one of them. Your travel is possible with a hemi-sphere model like this:

This is orlando ferguson model near what i want to say.

Another model is "reverse curve model (inside curve)". This model permits what you say, and compatible with all of the measurements of the world. To understand second model, think the curve earth model is the outside of the curve, and reverse it out to in and in to out.

what I want to say is it is possible a lot of model except round earth or flat earth model that permits sitting on a mountain and see everywhere. don't rely on a single model. Just trust to God never lies.

Intikam, you might understand the speed of the earth's rotation if you looked at it from an "RPM" (Revolutions Per Minnute) viewpoint.
The earth makes 1 revolution in 24 hours. How many RPM's is that ? The same as the speed of the hour hand on a 24 hour clock !
Most  Serious Biblical Scholars I know say that you have to consider It in the context of when It was written, what was known at that time, and much of It is metaphoric, such as "the four corners", etc.

Jusf a thought. Maybe if posters such as Intikam could write their posts in their native language and use one of the many "language translator" websites to translate it to English , it would be more understanable and make more sense. On the other hand , maybe if we translated English to Turkish, that would help.

To using google and yandex translation is not effective. They are translated the words so wrong.

is it looks like the  world is really spinning on. I do not think so. Look around you don't feel the air. It is theorical has a speed 1667 kms/h or 1000 mls/h. We are spinning with same speed but it is impossible has simultaneously same speed.

As for "stupid".......I don't know if Intikam is really stupid or not.......But if he isn't, he's putting on a very good act at being so. LOL.

I have known a few people from Kansas. They are fairly intelligent. But just because Kansas is flat, they don't believe the world is some flat disc. Although they may not have ever been out of Kansas, they have studied enough geography to know that the earth is a globe.

I don't know who said me about stupid because i ignored some people. i don't know what is he purposed when  anybody  said abot me a stupid but as a man has 181 - another test method calculated it 163 iq on some tests i think i am not.

measurements can be misleading because according to shell theory you can convert a part of sphere to a flat drawn or oppositely you can convert a part of a flat map to a shape of shell. this can be proven.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:50:06 AM by İntikam »

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
is it looks like the  world is really spinning on. I do not think so. Look around you don't feel the air. It is theorical has a speed 1667 kms/h or 1000 mls/h. We are spinning with same speed but it is impossible has simultaneously same speed.
It's because not only is the atmosphere moving relative to the earth, but the earth is not accelerating and therefore you would not expect to feel any movement.

At 49, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person and have been a life-long explorer at heart (having sailed every ocean and have circumnavigated the planet).  Herein lies my confusion....I have flown across Antarctica and have seen the continent from one side to another in less than a day (how is this possible in the FE model)?  How have I seen (dozens of times), a completely different starry sky in the Northern Hemisphere than I do in the Southern Hem?  I know that compasses and Telescopes are not a form of Witchcraft, and one could not possibly surmise that an agency like NASA has lied about literally everything under the scrutiny of some very intelligent people that have graced our planet.  I can't imagine that this has been some huge conspiracy just to sell globes.  Please help.

Did you fly directly due South and emerge going North?

Offline Venus

• View Profile
Oh, also...since there are so many that have flown over Antarctica and continue to do so, where are the flat earth explorers who have seen and documented many-month trips along a perimeter ice wall that never ends? All I've seen so far are references to ancient explorers and old books, is there any current exploration evidence?  Before I subscribe to a theory that we live in a giant snowglobe, I need people to understand why we (navigators) do not use the Bible as a navigation reference since from what I can see so far, so many are referencing the bible as proof of a flat earth.  If one were to take biblical geography as fact, wouldn't the earth have corners?  I have attached a couple images of the Antartic continent showing the frozen ice sheets surrounding the land mass.  Please explain.

Stevan - flat earthers can't afford to travel !! Otherwise it would be so easy to just go to Antarctica and the South Pole, and prove for themselves that there is no ice wall !!
The problem is they won't even believe that there are tourist flights to the Antarctic ... they say it is guarded all the way around by NASA guards or the NASA Army or someone!!

And the only thing that Intikam said that is correct is that there is no flat earth map that shows all of the countries in proportion ...
Considering if the earth was actually flat a map would be the easiest thing in the world to achieve, but they can't find one, or make one!!!
There is not much agreement between the flat earthers ... "the earth is flat" is about the only thing they all actually agree upon!!!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!