Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember when?
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2023, 04:19:21 AM »

Ok you're gonna have to explain how one can be 50% fertile.  What, is half my sperm dead or something?

You're gonna have to do a sperm count test to know that one. It's also supposed to analyze the quality and not just the quantity.

Also, probably unrelated to fertility, but I would check for blood clots if I were you. Not medical advice, though.
1. Since I didn't get a sperm count pre-vaccine, this would be useless data.  Not sure how you'd check my wife's fertility tho....

2. I'm hoping to bring it down to 0 in a year or less.

3. My doctor will check for clots if I develop symptoms.  Also, blood clots exist pre-vaccine.  FYI.

4. I'm not genetically at risk for covid blood clots.  Those that are have a 1% chance of dying id they get covid after the vaccine and a 5% chance without the vaccine.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Dual1ty

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2023, 08:15:05 AM »
They are simply, on the balance of probabilties, much safer than the diseases they mitigate.

You might want to start by reading this little book:

You and any of the other vaxx believers here.

Also, blood clots exist pre-vaccine.  FYI.

As did all the COVID symptoms pre-COVID. FYI.

I literally watched the flu disappear in real time in 2020 as it got relabeled COVID (no, I'm not saying that the COVID label = the flu. It includes other so-called diseases as well). The weird thing is when COVID believers like you ignore that.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 08:36:01 AM by Dual1ty »

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2023, 09:06:45 AM »
Or...you might not.

https://www.psiram.com/en/index.php?title=Eleanor_McBean&mobileaction=toggle_view_mobile

Eleanor McBean (also Eleanora McBean and pseudonym Elben; September 12, 1905, California, USA - June 6, 1989, Los Angeles, California, USA) was an outspoken anti-vaxxer and author of several anti-vaccinist publications. Being a layperson, McBean's perspective on health and medical topics must be considered non-professional

According to McBean, the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 was caused by vaccinations as well as subsequently administered medications which only extended the duration of infections. She meant to prove this with the contention that she survived the Spanish Flu as a child because her family did not receive any of the vaccinations in use at that time. However, no vaccine against influenza existed in 1918, and the cause of influenza was still unidentified.

Like all conspiracy theorists you're a mess of confirmation bias. You read stuff like this book and because it confirms your world view you lap it up.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Dual1ty

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2023, 09:14:51 AM »
Or...you might not.

https://www.psiram.com/en/index.php?title=Eleanor_McBean&mobileaction=toggle_view_mobile

Eleanor McBean (also Eleanora McBean and pseudonym Elben; September 12, 1905, California, USA - June 6, 1989, Los Angeles, California, USA) was an outspoken anti-vaxxer and author of several anti-vaccinist publications. Being a layperson, McBean's perspective on health and medical topics must be considered non-professional

According to McBean, the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 was caused by vaccinations as well as subsequently administered medications which only extended the duration of infections. She meant to prove this with the contention that she survived the Spanish Flu as a child because her family did not receive any of the vaccinations in use at that time. However, no vaccine against influenza existed in 1918, and the cause of influenza was still unidentified.

Like all conspiracy theorists you're a mess of confirmation bias. You read stuff like this book and because it confirms your world view you lap it up.

Oh wow, you debunked a 400 page book in 5 minutes without reading it. :o

You're a true genius! ;D

Have you ever considered that confirmation bias is exactly what you're doing with "research" and comments like that?

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2023, 09:23:46 AM »

Well. The author wasn't a medical doctor and claimed that the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 was caused by vaccinations which...didn't exist at that time.
So it's not exactly filling me with confidence that this book is worth reading.

In related news, I had a look at Measles deaths over time. In the US they drop off a cliff in the late 60s.
Would you like to hazard a guess when the measles vaccine was introduced?

Have you ever considered that confirmation bias is exactly what you're doing with "research" and comments like that?
Well yes. I always consider whether I'm just believing stuff because it says what I want to believe. None of us are immune to these psychological effects and some introspection is important in order to combat them. But from what I've read so far this book isn't by a subject matter expert and she made wild claims that can't possibly be correct.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Dual1ty

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2023, 09:42:26 AM »

Well. The author wasn't a medical doctor and claimed that the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 was caused by vaccinations which...didn't exist at that time.
So it's not exactly filling me with confidence that this book is worth reading.

In related news, I had a look at Measles deaths over time. In the US they drop off a cliff in the late 60s.
Would you like to hazard a guess when the measles vaccine was introduced?

Well yes. I always consider whether I'm just believing stuff because it says what I want to believe. None of us are immune to these psychological effects and some introspection is important in order to combat them. But from what I've read so far this book isn't by a subject matter expert and she made wild claims that can't possibly be correct.

The book has 4 authors which you can clearly see in the cover, so you're already lying.

Where's your quote of her saying that (not someone interpreting that's what she said) and how does that debunk the entire book? And what makes you think that I agree with said claim (assuming it's real) or with everything that's in the book, or everything these people have said in their entire lifetimes? Do you think I'm a brainless zombie like you who does 5 minutes of Google "research" to debunk an entire subject?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 09:57:05 AM by Dual1ty »

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2023, 10:12:28 AM »
The book has 4 authors which you can clearly see in the cover, so you're already lying.
Well, I'm not lying. But I did admittedly focus on the person who came first. But OK, let's have a look at the second one, Sue Martson.
Couldn't find that much about her directly but this made me laugh, in the foreword to another of her publications about vaccines:

"The author of this booklet has two important credentials which entitle her to write it. First, she is not a doctor. The fact she is a lay person is what qualifies her"

https://peopleforreason.org/the_vaccination_connection.pdf

I'd note that's a website which has a...certain agenda.

And no, my other posts don't debunk the entire book. But now I've found that the first two authors have no relevant qualifications in the subject they're writing about it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that this is worth my or anyone else's time.

Do you think I'm a brainless zombie like you who does 5 minutes of Google "research" to debunk an entire subject?
No, I think you're a conspiracy theorist who reads and things they agree with and ignores everything they don't.

Dual1ty

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2023, 10:26:22 AM »
Do you think I'm a brainless zombie like you who does 5 minutes of Google "research" to debunk an entire subject?
No, I think you're a conspiracy theorist who reads and things they agree with and ignores everything they don't.

That's a nice 2ยข strawman hypothesis but that ignores the fact that I used to believe all the crap you believe now, including that "vaxx is good for you".

Also, giving you names of medical doctors who are anti-vaxx would be wasted on you. You've already shown time and time again that you're not here with pure intentions, just another clown debunker with his 5 minutes of Google searches. You're not even good at it, I would suggest retiring from your "job".
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 10:55:02 AM by Dual1ty »

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2023, 11:00:53 AM »
I used to believe all the crap you believe now, including that "vaxx is good for you".
I'd be interested to hear what changed your mind. Although I note you ignored my comment on measles - the death rate before and after the measles vaccine was rolled out.

Also, giving you names of medical doctors who are anti-vaxx would be wasted on you.
Well, possibly. There are millions of doctors, it seems unlikely to think they'd all have the exact same opinion about this. I'd certainly be more willing to listen to a doctor - even if his opinion is an outlier - than people who from what I've read so far make wild claims and have no qualifications in the subject they're writing about.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2023, 12:04:22 PM »

Also, blood clots exist pre-vaccine.  FYI.

As did all the COVID symptoms pre-COVID. FYI.

I literally watched the flu disappear in real time in 2020 as it got relabeled COVID (no, I'm not saying that the COVID label = the flu. It includes other so-called diseases as well). The weird thing is when COVID believers like you ignore that.
Well... Yeah.  The covid strains (i think all the way back to covid 06) are in the same family as the flu virus.  So, yeah, they have similar symptoms.  Not sure what your point is.  Why should we focus on something everyone should already know?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2023, 01:03:52 PM »
Anyone who doesn't get a vax should be turned over to the "proper authorities."
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2023, 01:41:43 PM »
Whatever you want to think is fine, you can do what you want as far as I'm concerned, but what honk said was not an opinion. It was a statement of fact.

Except it's not. That's why the pharmaceutical companies have literally paid billions over the years to vaccine-damaged people.

We're not talking about past vaccines. You should try to focus on the topic better.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2023, 03:08:39 PM »
Anyone who doesn't get a vax should be turned over to the "proper authorities."
Why?  You'll be gunned down via facebook tracking drone.

Dual1ty

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2023, 10:39:18 PM »
Whatever you want to think is fine, you can do what you want as far as I'm concerned, but what honk said was not an opinion. It was a statement of fact.

Except it's not. That's why the pharmaceutical companies have literally paid billions over the years to vaccine-damaged people.

We're not talking about past vaccines. You should try to focus on the topic better.

I am talking about that, and we are talking about that because a lot of the COVID vaccines are traditional vaccines made using traditional methods, they're not new.