geckothegeek

Question about the dome
« on: December 28, 2015, 12:40:52 AM »
If the flat earth is covered with a dome, it would seem that this dome would be at its greatest height over the North Pole and its lowest at the edge of the flat earth. Does this dome rest on the top of the ice ring ?

I don't know if any flat earthers believe in this dome idea, but if so, maybe they could explain this ?

For example, how high is the dome over the North Pole ?
How high over the southern tip of South America or Africa ?
Over the Equator ?

The reason I have posted this on the debate section is there are going to be round earth posts about the fallacy of this flat earth notion in the first place as there is no evidence of the ice ring or the dome.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:45:35 AM by geckothegeek »

sceptimatic

Re: Question about the dome
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:21:20 PM »
If the flat earth is covered with a dome, it would seem that this dome would be at its greatest height over the North Pole and its lowest at the edge of the flat earth. Does this dome rest on the top of the ice ring ?
The dome foundation  (my thoughts) is up atop the rim of the bowl we live in. I'm not exactly a flat Earther as such, more of a concave or shallow bowl effect Earth.
The highest point is over the centre but not the centre that we believe there is, as in the north pole  because that's just the outer part of the inner centre or the bottom of the hump, or to be more clear, the Earth is much like a manual orange squeezer.
I don't know if any flat earthers believe in this dome idea, but if so, maybe they could explain this ?
The dome is made because of stacked matter/molecules that build in compression as they stack from the central energy source (Earth sun) and spread outwards.
Think of it like expanding foam coming from a central point and pushing up then out to form a dome. The more compressed of that is at the bottom and the more expanded is at the top where it becomes dormant or has a skin, depending on which way you want to imagine it.
I don't know.
Over the Equator ?
I don't know.
The reason I have posted this on the debate section is there are going to be round earth posts about the fallacy of this flat earth notion in the first place as there is no evidence of the ice ring or the dome.
This is just my own thoughts on it and mine alone.

geckothegeek

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 04:05:55 AM »
It seems this would be a simple problem in geometry ?

sceptimatic

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »
What would?

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:45:28 PM »
What would?

The height of the dome would be a simple problem. If the dome was a perfect shape, the highest point- above the North Pole- or about 12,500 miles - or the same radius of the flat earth. The lowest point would be at the edge of the flat earth where the dome rests on the ice ring. A simple drawing would show this.

And also . These are just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:50:00 PM by geckothegeek »

sceptimatic

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 12:39:50 AM »
What would?

The height of the dome would be a simple problem. If the dome was a perfect shape, the highest point- above the North Pole- or about 12,500 miles - or the same radius of the flat earth. The lowest point would be at the edge of the flat earth where the dome rests on the ice ring. A simple drawing would show this.

And also . These are just my thoughts.
Assuming that the Earth was as flat as a pancake, which is not my thought process.
My Antarctica is not an outer rim. It's an inner rim, or half of an inner rim. The other half is the arctic. There is no outer rim as such, that can be called a genuine rim, as in a rim of a shallow bowl.

In saying that, it can be construed as a potential sloped rim that acts as a dome foundation with the dome affixed to that, only it would be sort of seamless.
In essence it would be like living inside  a cell or a bubble but not exactly a perfect sphere bubble; more like a London dome type shape.

Measuring it would be impossible. Getting to it would be equally impossible  because you're talking literally where the sun don't shine, the further towards that foundation you venture, which would be a sea of ice as just a starter, before you become frozen in time.

You could definitely gain a real good insight into much of Earth if you can gain access to the mountain top telescopes owned by?
That's where you will gain the chance to see what's going on with that dome and also the reflections from it of your Earth.

Let's face it, if you are too distant to see through a mirror and you use a telescope to bring it into real focus then you can see yourself and more importantly what is behind you.

Imagine if that mirror was in the sky as clear hydrogen/helium ice turned into a mirror by the blackness of a true vacuum.
It would be like sitting in the middle of your living room on a pitch black night with a bright light on and trying to look out of that window. What do you see?
You do not see anything outside but you do see everything inside, because that clear window again st that blackness makes an excellent mirror.

Most people are too arrogant to believe they are trapped in their own prison cell, because most people like to believe they have a purpose much larger than any piddly inescapable bubble.

Anyway, that's my musing snippet for this post.

Question about the doughnut
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 07:52:54 PM »
The highest point is over the centre but not the centre that we believe there is, as in the north pole  because that's just the outer part of the inner centre or the bottom of the hump, or to be more clear, the Earth is much like a manual orange squeezer.
Double it. 
My thoughts are that the earth is like 1 orange squeezer where we stand and 1 inverted squeezer directly above it pointing down. 

Back up a bit and start with what we know. 
We know the sun's path varies.  The sun rises up and down as well as in and out as it turns above the earth. 

My guess is that the shape and dimensions of the "dome" must vary as the sun moves inside. 
I am also of the opinion that the internal structure of the "dome" resembles a hollow donut or an inner tube --- but not exactly.  Imagine inflating/deflating the inner tube until the inner ring compresses and expands, fusing and unfusing, opening and closing with the motion of the sun. 

N.B.:  I use the term "dome" to refer to the reflective surface only. 
I am not advocating for the firmament nor anything beyond the reflective "surface" so to speak. 

My guess is that it is 1 of the lower points on the dome. 

It seems most likely that the North Pole is actually the base of a huge stalagmite and up above is a huge frozen stalagtite hanging above our heads.  The stars we see are a result of the sun's rays passing through both of them.  The bubbles and or inclusions create the illusion of celestial bodies. 

In reality, when we look up at the night's sky, we are seeing the same thing we see flashing in discotheques.  However, we get it from 1 medium above and 1 medium below. 

Over the Equator ?
Irrelevent. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:55:39 PM by Charming Anarchist »
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 01:20:49 AM »
It would really be nice if we could get just some plain (not plane .LOL) old facts about the flat earth rather than just everybodys different ideas .

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 02:40:20 AM »
You are asking questions that require imagination.  We are all acknowledging that nobody knows for certain.  We are all speculating and offering physical phenomena from which a comprehensive understanding may arise. 

My ideas and understanding have been all over the map as I discover more from these discussions.  What I thought 6 months ago is totally different from what I understand now. 

For certain, we are not on a globe.
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 10:57:40 AM »
You are asking questions that require imagination.  We are all acknowledging that nobody knows for certain. 

For certain, we are not on a globe.

Bit of a contradiction there...

Jus saying..
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 12:02:01 PM »
If the flat earth is covered with a dome, it would seem that this dome would be at its greatest height over the North Pole.

The center of the Earth is located in a region next to the Sea of Marmara.

The dome is an aether barrier/shield; nothing can go beyond, or any further (not even the nazi UFOs).

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 05:30:31 AM »
Jus saying..
No. 

We are not on a globe.  That is certain.  TRUE 
The form of the "dome" and the firmament is uncertain.  TRUE
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 03:22:40 AM »
Just subscribing.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 03:26:38 PM »
Jus saying..
No. 

We are not on a globe.  That is certain.  TRUE 
The form of the "dome" and the firmament is uncertain.  TRUE
Certainty requires evidence, of which you have none, except for maybe religious beliefs (even though the Bible says nothing about flat earth).

You can't at one point say that there's a lot of uncertainties and that your standpoint changes every six months, and then at the same time day it's certain the earth is flat.

As of right now, it's certain that the earth is a spheroid, because all and any evidence and observation on a scale that surpasses looking out your window says so.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 08:18:03 PM »
Certainty requires evidence,
Sure. 
The appreciation of evidence requires intelligence and integrity, in my opinion.  There is no sense throwing pearls before swine. 

You can't at one point say that there's a lot of uncertainties and that your standpoint changes every six months, and then at the same time day it's certain the earth is flat.
Yes, I can because the true form of the earthly is certainly not a globe. 
What do you expect?  Everything else is fun speculation.  Even you are having fun.  This discussion is about the dome. 

As of right now, I am willing to bet $100 that you know you are lying.  Unfortunately, I doubt you would be able to offer proof either way. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 10:48:38 PM »
Sure. 
The appreciation of evidence requires intelligence and integrity, in my opinion.  There is no sense throwing pearls before swine. 

What do you expect?  Everything else is fun speculation.  Even you are having fun.  This discussion is about the dome. 

As of right now, I am willing to bet $100 that you know you are lying.  Unfortunately, I doubt you would be able to offer proof either way.
I've offered proofs numerous of times here in form of high altitude balloon images and the telemetry data as well, but even though I've done a handfull of these launches and under open invitations to follow my day here, and at one event had 9 people (who I did not know) interested in participating and followed me throughout the event, my data and images would, and already has been, written off as fakes. Some even questioned my skills as an engineer and developer, having zero practical experience themselves.

You wouldn't trust anything, even if you were offered a visit to the ISS and globe earth spat in your face.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »
Sure. 

You really do not see how what you are saying is a contradiction?

Correct if I interpreted what you wrote is wrong, but this is how I understood it.

You are open to new ideas, theories and evidence except any that do not conform to prove the Earth is flat.

What if God created the universe and that is what he governs with us in it.  The limit we can travel is not our atmosphere but out into the cosmos. 

What if his design is a spherical Earth orbited by a spherical moon with both orbiting a spherical sun?

What if the Firmament, dome or what ever you believe is further out then you think it is? Maybe it is at the edge of our solar system?  Galaxy? Universe?

If you are not willing to accept the above possibilities IMHO you are also not willing to look at evidence that suggest your view of the reality of a flat earth is wrong.  There is plenty of compelling evidence that suggest the world is round.

Off the top of my head:

Lunar eclipses.  Explained away by some FE'ers by saying the moon maybe self-illuminating, a reflection, protection with no evidence, math, data, experiments that can be replicated to at least prove the possibility exist.

How I can see things when I climb the mast on my boat that someone on the deck can not.

Why is it dark some places and light in others?  On a flat Earth I should be able to see the sun all the time.  Which gets explained away by saying light can not travel as far as we think it can.  Again with no data or evidence this maybe true. Drawing from my experience with sailing there are rules how far navigation lights can be seen depending on type and size of the vessel.  There are different lights designed to meet these standards.  Which means there is data and test that can be done to determine how far a way a light source can be seen.  Where is the data that at least suggest I should not be able to see the sun from a certain distance?

How can I and sailors for hundreds of years successfully use celestial navigation?  The math is based on a round Earth, it would not work on a flat model.

Why are the length of shadows different for same size objects at the same time of day that are not located with in a certain distance to each other.  A very easy thing to test.  Get two people, two sticks the same size, have each person at a different location 50 to 100 miles apart.  Measure the shadows at the same time.  You then have more evidence the Earth is round.

Look at other planets through a telescope.  Observe one of them over time.  Keep track of the moons orbiting them and the planets location in the sky.  Why if other planets are round with moons orbiting them would Earth be different?  Why would planets like Mars move in a different direction at certain times?  It suggests that the Earth's orbit is closer to the sun and Mars is orbiting a further out.  More evidence that can be easily observed with a moderately priced telescope.  If people around 300 BC could make these observations so can you or anybody else.

Why can certain stars/constellations not be seen from certain parts of the planet?  With a FE model they should be visible all the time.  Which means like the sun evidence to suggest the reason needs to be presented.  One explanation for this is the curvature of the Earth.  Very easy to observe evidence that suggest the Earth is round.

Why do I not going flying off into space or hit the Firmament/dome when I jump up?  On the RE model there is gravity preventing this.  It can be measured, the value can be used by engineers in different fields to design things with predictable results.  What is the FE model's force keeping me from hitting the dome? Can it be measured?  Can I design and build things taking it into account and have them work reliably and with predictable results? Why discount this evidence?

Giving my opinion again, but if you do not at least take into consideration the above and accept that without answers to these things(some easily observed) without producing evidence you need to accept the fact the Earth may be round.