Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
FES Constitution, Third Draft
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:33:23 PM »
You guys know the drill. Thoughts, comments, concerns, and inane ramblings with regard to the new draft of the constitution belong here.

Here's a link to it.

____

New Changes:

-The sections about administration and moderation have been replaced with a section about Society Affiliated Sites
-The section on the Zetetic Council has been amended slightly at the request of Tom
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: FES Constitution, Third Draft
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:38:59 AM »
May I take the lack of response to mean that people are pleased with the new draft? Because if so, I'll put it up to a vote for ratification now.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 04:26:35 AM »
I think it looks good enough to vote on.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:19:57 AM »
Alright, it's been several days now. Up for a vote it is.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 11:42:31 AM »
I can't speak for everyone but I didn't reply because I don't care.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »
If we're going to reunify what's the purpose of doing all this now?

Are we going to reunify?

Thork

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »

Are we going to reunify?
hope not.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:33:51 PM »

Are we going to reunify?

It seems likely at this point.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Thork

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »

Are we going to reunify?

It seems likely at this point.
I doubt Daniel will even reply for another 6 months, let alone start handing out admin access and other useful things.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 12:22:26 AM »
I see no reason to wait. I've informed the other society that we're doing this and nobody seemed to care. I can't imagine they'll suddenly start getting upset once we merge, and there aren't that many FE'er regulars who are a part of that society and not of this one anyway. Waiting for the merger seems like a really good way to never get anything done ever again.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 01:14:52 AM »
Waiting for the merger seems like a really good way to never get anything done ever again.
This is true.

I've informed the other society that we're doing this and nobody seemed to care.
But this is irrelevant. You need to remember that Daniel's society is managed differently than ours, and that any reunification will be subject to acceptance from both sides.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 01:33:07 AM »
Waiting for the merger seems like a really good way to never get anything done ever again.
This is true.

I've informed the other society that we're doing this and nobody seemed to care.
But this is irrelevant. You need to remember that Daniel's society is managed differently than ours, and that any reunification will be subject to acceptance from both sides.

Are you referring to Daniel himself?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 04:16:06 AM »
Well, I can't speak for them, but my understanding is that he's in charge there, yes.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
Well, I can't speak for them, but my understanding is that he's in charge there, yes.

There's a clause in the constitution that says that site owners can do pretty much whatever they want and have no obligation to pay any attention whatsoever to the constitution. He's perfectly within his rights to ignore it if he doesn't like it. I don't see why it would be a barrier to reunification.

Thork

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 08:51:58 PM »
There's a clause in the constitution that says that site owners can do pretty much whatever they want and have no obligation to pay any attention whatsoever to the constitution.
Then there is no point in the constitution. It is to stop a tyrant such as Daniel. Not control everyone else.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »
There's a clause in the constitution that says that site owners can do pretty much whatever they want and have no obligation to pay any attention whatsoever to the constitution.
Then there is no point in the constitution. It is to stop a tyrant such as Daniel. Not control everyone else.
Stop Daniel from what?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 10:29:41 PM »
Stop Daniel from what?
Being a lazy twat that takes people's money and doesn't send them goods for months. Surrounds himself with his just as absent buddies and fucks off for several months. Imposes stupid rules like banning just the word nigger because it is something he doesn't like. Maintaining exclusive control of certain important elements of the society such as the landing page. Filling that same page with inane tweets about his boring life. Refusing to acknowledge people's concerns and technical problems. Oh, and spending all the T-shirt money on his crack habit. >:(

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 10:38:07 PM »
Stop Daniel from what?
Being a lazy twat that takes people's money and doesn't send them goods for months. Surrounds himself with his just as absent buddies and fucks off for several months. Imposes stupid rules like banning just the word nigger because it is something he doesn't like. Maintaining exclusive control of certain important elements of the society such as the landing page. Filling that same page with inane tweets about his boring life. Refusing to acknowledge people's concerns and technical problems. Oh, and spending all the T-shirt money on his crack habit. >:(
Not exactly a tyrant.

However...
T-Shirts can be picked up by someone else.  Dropping him isn't required.
If he fucks off for several months this does not stop you from doing something.  And considering the Council fucked off for several months, I don't think you have room to critisize. 
Banning words is the perogative of the site owner.  Suck it up.
The landing page is just a way to click on "forum".
The technical problems will be solved with the merge with the new official forum being this one.

Anything else?

Thork

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 10:42:27 PM »
Don't wave away my concerns as though they are not important just because they may not be important to you.

I'm still waiting for anyone to explain why we NEED Daniel? He has a great domain name for our society. That makes him a domain squatter. Not a useful partner.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:44:37 PM by Thork »

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »

Well, but that's society leadership. Not site ownership. Daniel can do what he wants with theflatearthsociety.org. He can do what's best for the society or raze the site to the ground. That's his decision.

As far as society leadership is concerned, I assume Daniel will give authority to the Council. That's the impression I got from his posts here. If he wants to retain some control, we can simply add a suitable clause into the constitution. It does have an amendment process.

There's no point in waiting around with our thumbs up our nether regions for the sites to merge. If we have to make changes to the constitution to fit Daniel's demands then we will.