Earth’s core?
« on: March 05, 2019, 03:22:33 AM »
I’m new to the whole flat earthier thing but has there been an investigation on the Earth’s core? If it was completely magma wouldn’t the earth burn through itself? Does anyone want to help with research?

Mysfit

Re: Earth’s core?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:47:20 PM »
I think the current theory (probly not up to date) is that a large chunk of the core is crystallized iron.
I think the film, The Core, has a scene there.

I am unsure what is on the lower layer of most flat theories, sorry

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 09:27:11 PM »
Does anyone want to help with research?

What did you have in mind, it's something I need to revisit but if I recall, scientists have done this already by studying earthquakes and how they pass through the earth and shadow zones created by the core.
I think the current theory (probly not up to date) is that a large chunk of the core is crystallized iron.
If I remember correctly, it's a nickel iron alloy, with a solid inner core and a liquid outer core.

Please, don't ever mention that movie again

I think the current FE stance is that it's unknown what's underneath.
We are smarter than those scientists.
I see multiple contradicting explanations. You guys should have a pow-wow and figure out how your model works.

Offline QED

• As mad as a hatter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 02:57:22 PM »
I’m new to the whole flat earthier thing but has there been an investigation on the Earth’s core? If it was completely magma wouldn’t the earth burn through itself? Does anyone want to help with research?

The present RE evidence which infers a liquid (outer) core is seismic. When an earthquake happens, it transmits both S and P waves. S waves travel through fluids very well (think of ripples on a pond). P waves do not travel through fluids well at all (think of percussion). When an earthquake happens, seismologists measure the S waves from it on the other side of the Earth, but no the P waves, implying that somewhere in the Earth there is a fluid.

One project for FE theory development is to construct an explanation for these observations using a FE model.

Hope this helps a bit!
The fact.that it's an old equation without good.demonstration of the underlying mechamism behind it makes.it more invalid, not more valid!

- Tom Bishop

We try to represent FET in a model-agnostic way

- Pete Svarrior

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »
The magma can be like glue or adhesive that holds the two surfaces of the earth together.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 03:33:38 PM »

My 8th graders just determined that you have used the Appeal to Authority Logical Fallacy, and your argument is invalid.  You used a Hollywood Movie as a source.  What did you do when you watch War of the Worlds?  Did you think that was real too.

Offline pb1985

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 01:12:07 AM »
'The core' is a purely theoretical conception. The farthest man has gone is 7.5 miles out of 3,958 and that was via a 9-inch diameter hole. Diamonds formed from water at low or normal temps (not 7000 deg F heat) have been found and were estimated as coming from 250-500 miles below, where is supposedly magma.

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 06:13:14 PM »
The core is theoretical only. No one has ever been that deep. I would suggest the following as a guide to what lies beneath (and above):

Offline NotSoSkeptical

• Live for the Antichtone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 11:46:18 PM »
The core is theoretical only. No one has ever been that deep. I would suggest the following as a guide to what lies beneath (and above):

If no one has ever been there, why would they follow that guide.