Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
Scale of the Flat Earth
« on: March 04, 2019, 03:53:16 PM »
I wanted to get a clearer picture of how a projection of the sun could make it appear in a different place in the sky (such as the summer solstice in Antarctica), so I put together a simple scale drawing of the flat earth according to the wiki.  The position of the sun may be inaccurate because I didn't see on the wiki how far out from the north pole the sun orbits.  If there's an official answer, please let me know.  If it changes depending on the seasons, then the equinox will do.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

Re: Scale of the Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »
It is the equinox because earth spins, and so does the moon. As the sun rotates, so do we. We are just in the middle of a large equinox that involves much spinning. The sun is projected across lengthwise which is why shadows are long.

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 06:58:01 PM »
That makes no sense, but okay.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

manicminer

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
The flat Earth model places the Sun so that it moves around in a circle over the surface.  The circle being centred over the North pole. 

The diameter of the Suns 'orbit' varies through the year to account for the seasons.  How though does that account for the daily observation Sun passing at local noon through the north meridian (shadows point directly south) for observers south of the meridian while for observers north of the equator it passes through the south meridian (shadows point directly north)?

By this I mean as the Sun rises as seen from north of the equator it moves to the south (upper right relative to its rising point) but south of the equator it moves to the north (upper left relative to its rising point).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:34:06 AM by manicminer »

manicminer

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 12:20:02 PM »
So I guess this quote from FE Wiki FAQ page is not correct then...

The sun moves in circles around the North Pole