Re: Witcher 3 - Contains spoilers
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 08:52:44 PM »
I picked up Neuromancer cheap last week, still haven't got any PKD though. His stuff is very rare to find second hand around here for some reason.

if you haven't read it, i recommend babel-17 by samuel delany.  and all the other stuff delany wrote.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
I picked up Neuromancer cheap last week, still haven't got any PKD though. His stuff is very rare to find second hand around here for some reason.

I started Neuromancer back in December whilst attending jury duty. Was only able to make it about a third of the way through on my breaks. Probably time to pick it back up.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2018, 09:47:34 PM »
Thork - if you raised a child as if she were your own, you'd want to bang her? Fucking gross, dude. Geralt has been Ciri's parent since she was a wee little thing.

Also, there is at least one elf prostitute somewhere but I don't remember where (I banged her). But Yen is the best, did you at least get the stuffed unicorn sex scene? Or did you mess that up too because you're dumb and impatient?

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »
if you haven't read it, i recommend babel-17 by samuel delany.  and all the other stuff delany wrote.
I haven't read that, I'm only just starting to explore science fiction after years of reading classics and "postmodern" stuff like Pynchon (who I guess is quite SF oriented) and DeLillo. Aside from Gibson I got the first Hyperion book by Dan Simmons but I haven't started either of them yet. Delany is the guy who wrote Dhalgren, right? I hear good things about that.

I started Neuromancer back in December whilst attending jury duty. Was only able to make it about a third of the way through on my breaks. Probably time to pick it back up.
Based on a cursory glance at the first handful of pages it seems like a cool futuristic hardboiled kind of deal.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 11:00:16 AM »
Thork - if you raised a child as if she were your own, you'd want to bang her? Fucking gross, dude. Geralt has been Ciri's parent since she was a wee little thing.

Also, there is at least one elf prostitute somewhere but I don't remember where (I banged her). But Yen is the best, did you at least get the stuffed unicorn sex scene? Or did you mess that up too because you're dumb and impatient?
I had unicorn sex. It was because I didn't commit to either and wanted both I ended up with nothing. You can see the cut scene I got ...

Now by about 2:15 I thought I'd won the game. 45 seconds later I realised the game probably needed a little more respect and that a quicksave reload wasn't going to save this. I'd have to start over ... which wasn't going to happen.

And Geralt didn't bring up Ciri ... that's nonsense. Vesemir is the guy that spent all the time with her. Geralt was always out killing monsters and doing quests. He's only 'daddy' because Yennifer put that idea into her head because she wanted to play happy families and both sorcerers and witchers are infertile.

Geralt should have run off with Ciri. She is always cock blocking him. I was under the impression she wanted me for herself ... and I was fine with that.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »
You just have multiple solutions to each mission.  There are several missions in the shadowrun games that have this.  Some of the UGC have multiple missions where you can complete them without ever killing.

It's not just the playstyles, though. Some of these classes have radically different goals, and should be in very different situations as per the story and setting.

I picked up Neuromancer cheap last week

And I read it for free on the Internet. This makes me feel smugly superior to you.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 02:13:29 PM »
I picked up Neuromancer cheap last week

And I read it for free on the Internet. This makes me feel smugly superior to you.

But stealing is wrong.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »
The real question of this thread is how Thork will solve his own very apparent daddy issues.

Rama Set

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 02:47:13 PM »
You just have multiple solutions to each mission.  There are several missions in the shadowrun games that have this.  Some of the UGC have multiple missions where you can complete them without ever killing.

It's not just the playstyles, though. Some of these classes have radically different goals, and should be in very different situations as per the story and setting.

[/quote

Classes don't have goals, people have goals.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
The real question of this thread is how Thork will solve his own very apparent daddy issues.
I don't have an daddy issues.  ??? My father has been dead for almost 20 years. That's a lot of time to sort any 'issues'.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 02:56:35 PM »
Then why haven't you?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
For fuck's sake, can we please stop talking about Thork and his "daddy" fetish?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:05:38 PM by honk »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2018, 03:55:30 PM »
For fuck's sake, can we please stop talking about how Thork and his "daddy" fetish?

Yeah let's talk about Yennefer's unicorn fetish instead. Even in fiction, horse girls be crazy. The best kind, but crazy nonetheless.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2018, 03:46:11 PM »
Yen is the best.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 07:22:11 PM »
I meant to comment on this after the E3 coverage. I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed by two revelations about the game. One is that it would be first-person, which just doesn't feel right for a game like this. Maybe if we had gotten to see some of the gameplay, rather than it only being shown (for some baffling reason) to the journalists there, I might have understood why they chose that format. The other thing that bothers me, to a somewhat bigger degree, is the fact that contrary to what I said earlier in the thread, there are only going to be three classes for you to mix and match skills from - solo, techie, and netrunner. To put it another way, your only choice of role is as a solo, one who has the option of maybe hacking a few computers or fixing a few machines along the way. How boring!

The trailer does look hella sweet, though: