Treep Ravisarras

Celebrity chef involved in faking space travel
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:45:13 PM »
Those of you that know Heston Blumenthal

youtube

Interesting. Who is actually being faked here? Is he in on it or does he not know?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:15:59 PM by Treep Ravisaras »

Offline SiDawg

• View Profile
Re: Celebrity chef involved in faking space travel
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 11:31:27 PM »
This isn't really a debate topic if you're just asserting this as fake without providing any evidence other than "some times it looks fake"

The ISS can literally be seen travelling past overhead with a strong enough telescope or zoom lens. Not to mention the countless photos taken from up there, the numerous testimonials, the impossibility of conspiring to fake something this large, the numerous publicly visible resupply rockets etc
Quote from: Round Eyes
Long range, high altitude, potentially solar powered airplanes [...] If the planes are travelling approx 15 miles about earth, that works out to around 2,200 mph, or Mach 3

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 11:06:08 AM »
This isn't really a debate topic if you're just asserting this as fake without providing any evidence other than "some times it looks fake"

The ISS can literally be seen travelling past overhead with a strong enough telescope or zoom lens. Not to mention the countless photos taken from up there, the numerous testimonials, the impossibility of conspiring to fake something this large, the numerous publicly visible resupply rockets etc
So do you think he is part of the space travel conspiracy or just being fooled himself?

Or do you believe what you see happening there.

I thought it was well produced but it raises these questions.

Offline SiDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 12:02:55 PM »
No i reject your premise, there's no space travel conspiracy. Why would you think there is? A conspiracy is only as strong as it's weakest member. That one person needs two things: motivation to keep a secret, and motivation to not sell the secret. A space travel conspiracy has neither.

Long range, high altitude, potentially solar powered airplanes [...] If the planes are travelling approx 15 miles about earth, that works out to around 2,200 mph, or Mach 3

Offline Eggnog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 06:02:03 PM »
Can you point us to the "fakery"? times of where you see it in the 47 minute video?  i skimmed through it but dont feel like watching an entire cooking show.

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »
Welcome to this forum!

It might be good idea to read the F.A.Q.?

The existence of 'The Conspiracy' is a consequence of the FET. (link)

The most commonly accepted explanation of this is that the space agencies of the world are involved in a conspiracy faking space travel and exploration.

Perhaps after ask your questions again? More than happy to shed some more light ;)

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 11:16:11 AM »
Welcome to this forum!

The most commonly accepted explanation of this is that the space agencies of the world are involved in a conspiracy faking space travel and exploration.

Perhaps after ask your questions again? More than happy to shed some more light ;)

Yes, I think we're all aware that there's a belief that space travel is faked. That doesn't mean that we have to accept this as true. Indeed, one can easily verify that this belief is false despite being in the FAQ. The ability to use satellites to watch programmes featuring Heston Blumenthal is one example, or the use of sat-nav to find Heston Blumenthal's restaurants is another. The ability to actually watch spacecraft being launched and disappearing into the sky is yet another. (Of course, according to celestial perspective, once they reached a certain height they should become visible again). Actually being able to see satellites above our heads is another reason to doubt the FAQ.

When space travel was an esoteric activity with little to do with the everyday lives of ordinary people, it was easier to think that it might not be happening. To believe that now requires that space travel be substituted with some other colossal enterprise, capable of delivering enormous amounts of data from the skies, but not involving the launch of satellites - the fraudulent existence of which would itself be a huge endeavour.

Offline Eggnog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »
Welcome to this forum!

Yes, ive read all that.  what i was asking is where in the video you believe the video is fake, because i dont want to watch an entire cooking show.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
This isn't really a debate topic
Astutely observed. Treep is a fairly transparent troll who does not appear to be interested in debate.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
This isn't really a debate topic
Astutely observed. Treep is a fairly transparent troll who does not appear to be interested in debate.

... and that's petty name-calling. The type of thing a moderator would be likely to take a globe-earther to task for.

Treep seems to be on-topic every time, as far as I can see. Not troll-like behaviour at all.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 10:43:22 AM »
... and that's petty name-calling. The type of thing a moderator would be likely to take a globe-earther to task for.
Nothing of the sort. It would be unfair to let people believe that they're arguing with a Flat Earther when they're dealing with someone pretending to be one for cheap laughs. You have recently complained about some of your experiences with FE'ers, and some of them are due to your inability to tell the two categories apart. You are welcome to take it or leave it, but the information is now available to you.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 09:34:30 PM »
Hmmm must admit that feels a bit like harassment. Debating the person, not the topic?

I find myself in a corner together with J-Man as few that firmly believe the existence of Conspiracy as consequence of flat earth theory

No i reject your premise, there's no space travel conspiracy.
Seems we have a debate on our hands.

Pete, do you have any thoughts on space travel conspiracy? Or do you leave subject as unknown.

p.s. I have been pushing for real flat earthism from start. I see many flat earthers using rationalization and prophesying as truth. Not wrong to use speculation or conjecture but better to say so. Sometimes better to leave subject as unknown.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:39:09 PM by Treep Ravisaras »

Offline Tontogary

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 12:23:37 AM »
Hmmm must admit that feels a bit like harassment. Debating the person, not the topic?

I find myself in a corner together with J-Man as few that firmly believe the existence of Conspiracy as consequence of flat earth theory

No i reject your premise, there's no space travel conspiracy.
Seems we have a debate on our hands.

Pete, do you have any thoughts on space travel conspiracy? Or do you leave subject as unknown.

p.s. I have been pushing for real flat earthism from start. I see many flat earthers using rationalization and prophesying as truth. Not wrong to use speculation or conjecture but better to say so. Sometimes better to leave subject as unknown.

As Tom would say, if you claim it prove it. There needs to be proof that there is a conspiracy, not pointing at a tv programme and saying “it looks fake” or saying “it must be fake as I know the earth is flat” but real evidence that would stand up to scrutiny.

Also, if you haven't heard of bronies before, that reflects poorly on your understanding of the world that surrounds you. It's practically impossible not to know about them.

Offline SiDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 01:32:30 AM »
To be fair after i commented I thought I had unfairly categorised it... I think this is potentially a debate topic of "is heston in on it or not in on it"... Which is a perfectly reasonable debate topic (if you assume the premise is correct)

So perhaps it IS a valid debate post, it's just not a debate between FE and RE... more a debate between FE'ers... I guess I'm so used to this debate forum being between FE and RE that i have unconscious bias that there can be debate between FErs

But yeah, if you want to debate "is the ISS fake" then cool, but without a starting line such as "i think it's fake because of X" and just a line "this is fake", then the debate response is "this is not fake" :D