Eötvös Effect
« on: April 21, 2018, 04:29:55 AM »
When traveling east, the perceived weight of an object decreases, and the opposite happens when traveling west. This phenomenon is known as the Eötvös effect, named after me. If gravity is truly a result of objects being less dense than air and sinking towards the ground, then the direction in which you travel should have no effect on this. However, it makes perfect sense on a spinning globe. Please explain.

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
Re: Eötvös Effect
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:36:23 AM »
When traveling east, the perceived weight of an object decreases, and the opposite happens when traveling west. This phenomenon is known as the Eötvös effect, named after me. If gravity is truly a result of objects being less dense than air and sinking towards the ground, then the direction in which you travel should have no effect on this. However, it makes perfect sense on a spinning globe. Please explain.

The FES thinks it's due to "celestial gravitation" (although applying it to the Eötvös effect inevitably leads to contradiction).
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

Offline SiDawg

• View Profile
Re: Eötvös Effect
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 09:15:28 AM »
Yeah someone posted on this the other day. A brilliant way to debunk flat earth. I proposed they travel on the shanghai maglev: travels pretty much perfectly east/west, and goes 430km/h... would quite easily be able to measure the effect, and you'd be able to travel back and forth and measure the effect at the EXACT same point, so celestial gravity "explanation" is null and void.

Quote from: Round Eyes
Long range, high altitude, potentially solar powered airplanes [...] If the planes are travelling approx 15 miles about earth, that works out to around 2,200 mph, or Mach 3