Offline SiDawg

• View Profile
Re: The distance to sunset: a new simple way to debunk the flat earth
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 12:12:23 AM »
Still waiting on any links to flat earth material on "light bending" or "light bending due to magnetism"? I think i've shown in this post that i'm willing to put the effort in to research flat earth publications, and I've tried searching for info on light bending, but not had any luck.

Without light bending, there's no explanation for the sun setting at different distances. I'm not expecting there to be a fully fleshed out scientific study on flat earth light bending, but at least a vague hypothesis.
Quote from: Round Eyes
Long range, high altitude, potentially solar powered airplanes [...] If the planes are travelling approx 15 miles about earth, that works out to around 2,200 mph, or Mach 3

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
Re: The distance to sunset: a new simple way to debunk the flat earth
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 05:27:10 PM »
My first post was about how you can go farther away up a hill and see the sun after it set where you are.  I have done this with a snowmobile on Jan 22 in the far north. 
I have also posted that if you actually look at where the sun is, it stays up a few minutes longer than it should because the round atmosphere acts sort of like a prism and makes the sun at the horizon look higher than it really is.  This is the exact opposite of what FE'ers claim happens without actually doing anything other than reading books.
Back to my taking a snowmobile up a hill, the angle of the sun showed it was approximately 40 miles underground if the world is flat.
If you think you are better than people in other parts of the world, your perspective can let you believe in an FE. Other people either do not exist or are not important. People who fly from Sydney to Cape Town are easily fooled about where they are going.