Offline Chris C

• View Profile
When they say its vanishing point.
« on: May 16, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
Flat- Earth. So does the sun set over the horizon, or does it vanish behind the vanishing point? I would love to see the sun vanish into the ground in these pictures.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
Re: When they say its vanishing point.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 03:04:12 AM »
Flat- Earth. So does the sun set over the horizon, or does it vanish behind the vanishing point? I would love to see the sun vanish into the ground in these pictures.

Depends if the photographers were facing west :-) If so the sun would set behind the hills in each case ... but you and I both know that :-)

An interesting thing to do is to watch the sun go down, and then go higher and watch it set again ... eg lie on the beach facing west and watch the sunset then stand up and watch it again :-)

But Tom would just say it is bendy light or something lol
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

Offline beeth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 05:50:32 AM »
The premise of this so-called "theory" is that the observed object must vanish at some point. And the condition for that to happen is that the object must be further and further away, and in so doing it must become smaller and smaller, till at some point it is smaller than the resolution power of the eye, which at this point it effectively "vanishes". When we look at the rising and setting sun, does it get bigger or smaller? If it doesn't, then the simple conclusion must be it must be maintaining the same distance from the observer. Which means either the sun or the observer is travelling in a circular path.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 04:05:30 PM »
And notice how the clouds touch the horizon, but you don't see a long deep line of clouds getting smaller and smaller before they disappear into a 'vanishing point'. It's almost as if they are 'behind' the horizon instead...as if the photographer was at the top of a gigantic hill or curve. That would be crazy, right? (no, not crazy)

Offline Davis86

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 05:24:15 PM »

Depends if the photographers were facing west :-) If so the sun would set behind the hills in each case ... but you and I both know that :-)

An interesting thing to do is to watch the sun go down, and then go higher and watch it set again ... eg lie on the beach facing west and watch the sunset then stand up and watch it again :-)

But Tom would just say it is bendy light or something lol

Is "facing west" even a thing in FE theory (disk)?