Recent Posts

Arts & Entertainment / Re: Star Citizen
« Last post by Rushy on Today at 01:57:50 PM »
Do I have to download a brazilian gigabytes of non-game to join the org or can I do it from my account on the RSI site?

You can just join on the website. PM me your username and I can throw an invite at you.
« Last post by Parsifal on Today at 01:18:02 PM »
Do I have to download a brazilian gigabytes of non-game to join the org or can I do it from my account on the RSI site?

Yes.

Remind me, how much have you spent on spaceships?

Irrelevant.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: satellite hoax
« Last post by RonJ on Today at 12:52:27 PM »
If the earth is flat, if there's a dome or if the earth is round won't be solved here.  I am a believer that a flat earth with a dome (or without) would make communications at sea a whole lot easier and cheaper. Shipping companies pay a small fortune to the companies that claim to have satellites.  For the flat earth entrepreneurs out there there's a golden opportunity out there for you to make a better, cheaper, more reliable communications system for the shipping companies.  Much of the merchandise in stores these days comes across the oceans from Asia on thousands of container ships.  These all need good communications.  If the flat earth theory really is viable, then revamp the satellite communications systems to use shore-based systems that are cheaper to build, cheaper to maintain, and cheaper for the shipping companies to use.  The technology would allow you to do that.  You could make a fortune driving all the 'satellite companies' out of business with your cheaper technology.  Henry Ford and Edison built their fortunes on using the technological advances of their day.  If flat earth theory is viable, today is your day.
« Last post by Baby Thork on Today at 12:48:28 PM »
What are my roles?

Are you aware that we're talking about flying ships that don't exist yet in an alpha that crashes every 30 minutes of a video game which is years away from release?
Remind me, how much have you spent on spaceships?
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Questions about flat earth
« Last post by edby on Today at 12:32:05 PM »
Go to yahoo maps and zoom all the way out. If you start a Russia and drag the map west you will wind up back at Russia. If you drag west 293857923875928739582739857 times you will still wind up back at Russia.

If you drag the map east from Russia 29837529837987 times the same thing happens. It's the same Russia one the same infinite repeating plane planet.
So to each point on the planet there correspond infinitely many points on the map? And so the map has an infinite area? Fair enough, the map can be whatever you like, I suppose. But why do you  say infinite repeating plane planet? What is the area of this planet?

And as I have pointed out before, you still can't get over the problem that the actual distances on the planet, as measured by Google, e.g., are inconsistent with the geometry of a plane surface. Make some measurements and find out.
« Last post by Crudblud on Today at 10:28:47 AM »
I just thought that maybe the bottom of the flat earth might be coated with a thick layer of something like gold.  Since the earth has to be in constant acceleration to replace the gravity paradigm, then there has to be some kind of dark energy field at work pushing on the bottom of the earth.  Something like that would probably be incompatible with any biological life forms on the earths top side.  Gold is a very good radiation shield I just thought that it might be there to keep us all alive.  That idea would make sense if the flat earth was relatively thin.  If there isn't any gold there, then a much thicker cylinder makes more sense.  More thickness makes for better shielding.
so I have also read that there are so many flat earth theories so can you send me the most updated one? Thank you
Flat Earth Community / Artificial Moon by China
« Last post by DuniyaGolHai on Today at 09:14:20 AM »
Hi Guys

Your thoughts on artificial Moon that is being planned by China by 2020.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45910479
My head is spinning at the idea you could believe that the earth is flat and even contemplate that the moon landings could have happened.

How do you square that circle?
Unlike the RE'ers here, I'm not an absolutist. I embrace the possibility that I'm wrong, and I continuously look at new possible outcomes - especially ones that challenge me.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: satellite hoax
« Last post by stack on Today at 07:49:59 AM »
The #1 thread on this site which garners viewers from around the world to learn there is more than meets the eye or what NASA fanboys tell us has turned into a catch all for RE crybabies to post their nonsense which has nothing to do with the Satellite Hoax. Mods need a little clean up here. The Earth is FLAT and God rules !
I get the feeling that J-man has been repeating religious views in a scientific argument for attention, rather than believing in earnest.
This bragging over popularity and their sig seems to be evidence, but all I have is belief... Which can be used as scientific proof.
Should we be quoting older religious texts to settle this? I don’t know how to win a religious argument about science that came about after a book.
I doubt the most recent version mentions internet. Yet, here we are. Believers and other folk. Bragging about Internet popularity like pride isn’t a sin.

Long story short, I am unsure J-man is arguing genuinely.

Good point and I agree. It seems to be going nowhere and has been that way for pages. Any and all arguments/evidence is simply met with the book. And there's no getting around the book. The book is boring.

I think it's time to let the #1 thread die. I'm out.