Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2015, 02:22:20 PM »
Pongo's Review of Rocky... 5,000:

Haven't seen it.  Presumably, Rocky wins.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »
Rocky doesn't win in every movie, though.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2015, 03:30:40 PM »
I'm glad they "cast" Corin Nemec.  That guy can't lose.

I wonder if anyone else got this besides me.  Do the young folks know about Parker Lewis Can't Lose?

Anyway, "Q Who" is probably where TNG really started to get interesting.  The first appearance of the Borg and it was actually excellent in almost every way... easily, I think, the best episode of the first two seasons.  You put "The Royale" above this, Parsifal?  ???

Every Q episode in the series is good, in my opinion. Voyager has about 4 Q episodes. Two of which involve Q's son, Q.

My favourite part was when Sysko punched Q in the face.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2015, 03:40:34 PM »
Rocky doesn't win in every movie, though.

My presumptions have been incorrect before.  Like in the 6th Sense. I was convinced that they kid was schizophrenic.  Turns out he was just playing make believe.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »
Well you know what they say about presumptions.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2015, 02:22:06 AM »
Anyway, "Q Who" is probably where TNG really started to get interesting.  The first appearance of the Borg and it was actually excellent in almost every way... easily, I think, the best episode of the first two seasons.  You put "The Royale" above this, Parsifal?  ???

Oh, was that in season 2? I thought it was season 3. Q Who is a fantastic episode, yes, although since it comes after The Royale, I'd still say that The Royale is where TNG starts getting good.

I'm not sure how I'd compare them episode-for-episode. They're both great in very different ways.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Online Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2015, 03:16:33 PM »

Oh, was that in season 2? I thought it was season 3. Q Who is a fantastic episode, yes, although since it comes after The Royale, I'd still say that The Royale is where TNG starts getting good.

I'm not sure how I'd compare them episode-for-episode. They're both great in very different ways.

I see your point but I'd still contend "Measure of a Man" is the first really good TNG episode.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2015, 06:09:55 PM »
11001001 is my favorite 1st season TNG episode.

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2015, 12:28:38 AM »
Right now I'm at the midpoint of one of the high points of TNG: "Best of Both Worlds".
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2015, 12:32:12 AM »
They should have had Riker give the "Space" The Final Frontier" speech at the beginning of the second part.  As a tease.

Rama Set

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2015, 12:33:32 AM »
Right now I'm at the midpoint of one of the high points of TNG: "Best of Both Worlds".

My favorite cliffhanger ever.

Ghost of V

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »
Just got to the 3rd season of Enterprise. I'm enjoying the shift in tone a lot. It seems like this is when the show really becomes something unique. It's darker and less optimistic now, whereas the first 2 seasons seemed like a total rip of the basic Trek formula... although it feels closer in tone to Battlestar Gallatica now. I was pleasantly surprised by the shift despite that, mainly because I haven't been spoiling anything for myself this time around. Archer is becoming a lot more interesting, simply because he's willingly to kill some guys to get shit done and seems much more aware of his role as captain of the Enterpise. He's no longer doing stupid things, like getting involved in situations that he shouldn't be, and he actually seems to be following his own version of the "prime directive" now, despite the fact that there is still no prime directive in place. T'pol's development is... uh, ok I guess. I predicted her shift from Vulcan behavior to a more human-like character as early as season 1, so it wasn't very surprising. Every character is getting a lot more development this season as well, which is always a good thing.