Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 06:00:41 PM »
You know what, I think I'll just stick to the old site for this discussion from now on.

Traitor traitor traitor traitor traitor
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 06:35:47 PM »
You know what, I think I'll just stick to the old site for this discussion from now on.

Traitor traitor traitor traitor traitor

floppy wieners
Soft wiener, nice and soft, non-errect
The Mastery.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »
wieners
The Mastery.

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »
So, uh, apparently the show this week contains plot that isn't actually in the book.

Ghost of V

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
So, uh, apparently the show this week contains plot that isn't actually in the book.

I predict jumping of the shark.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2014, 09:10:27 PM »

More than any other episode so far, I'd say.

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 09:52:13 AM »
Wow. They really threw a lot into this week.

SPOILERS

So they confirmed that Olenna was the poisoner, and LF helped. Books never did this, although hinted at it heavily. Bran & co now have a plot for the rest of the season, which is good because it wouldn't be fun to watch Jon sit around doing fuck all until the Wildling's attack. The Night King reveal was interesting, since we never knew what happened to the kids. The ability of the Others to turn living men into white walkers adds heaps to speculate on.

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 09:17:51 PM »
Yes, we had to pause/rewind a couple of times to figure out what exactly was going on.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2014, 04:00:05 PM »
They're probably going to have to add a bunch of stuff to Bran's story that isn't in the books.

I don't think Jon is going to actually meet up with Bran at Craster's.  I think Bran will be gone by the time he arrives.  While watching the scene I thought they might get attacked by wights with Bran and co. fleeing in the chaos.  Now I think that Ghost and Summer are going to get free and kill a bunch of dudes while Bran and co. escape.  Jon will get to Craster's and find nothing but dead people and maybe some evidence that Bran is alive.  Maybe he gets Ghost back or something.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »
Is Little Finger sometimes Irish in the books like he sometimes is in the TV show?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2014, 03:39:53 AM »
Is Little Finger sometimes Irish in the books like he sometimes is in the TV show?

It's fantasy, bro.  Any accent is welcome as long as it's not American, because American accents are too familiar to American audiences.  Non-American accents all sound equally foreign and exotic to us.

moar

I'm glad the show took the time to tie up the mutiny subplot nicely.  I never liked how in the books it's basically just forgotten about, with only a vague insinuation that Coldhands killed them eventually.  This is filler done right.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:28:07 PM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2014, 03:56:22 AM »
moar

I'm glad the show took the time to tie up the mutiny subplot nicely.  I never liked how in the books it's basically just forgotten about, with only a vague insinuation that Coldhands killed them eventually.  This is filler done right.

It's a somewhat large deviation from the books though. I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the subplot, but if this were LotR then you'd have people crying bloody murder.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:11:41 AM by Vindictus »

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 08:12:54 AM »
I quite liked the way they ended that, especially the bit with Hodor. I felt really sorry for him. Longsword vs 2 daggers was bloody retarded though, a longsword would win every time.

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 09:56:11 PM »

It's fantasy, bro.  Any accent is welcome as long as it's not American, because American accents are too familiar to American audiences.  Non-American accents all sound equally foreign and exotic to us.

We have the same thing in the UK. Any time we want to portray someone from a fantasy realm we just give them an American accent. It doesn't really matter where abouts in America because it all sounds the same.

Ghost of V

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
It doesn't really matter where abouts in America because it all sounds the same.

What do they sound like?

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
It doesn't really matter where abouts in America because it all sounds the same.

What do they sound like?

*shrugs* Like dwarves or elves or some shit like that. Google "Lord of the Rings UK dubbing".

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2014, 08:23:06 AM »
I've watched the first three or four episodes of GoT and, I'll be honest, I don't really get it. I mean, it's nicely shot, competently acted, and the music is quite nice but nothing which seems to set it apart from any other fantasy series except for tedious and endless sex scenes, oh and some blood-n-guts.

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2014, 08:27:57 AM »
I've watched the first three or four episodes of GoT and, I'll be honest, I don't really get it. I mean, it's nicely shot, competently acted, and the music is quite nice but nothing which seems to set it apart from any other fantasy series except for tedious and endless sex scenes, oh and some blood-n-guts.

Er.. Have you read the books? ASOIAF is very grounded and 'realistic' compared to other fantasy series that I've read. Major characters are not protected by plot armour, magic is a mysterious and rare force that isn't well defined.

Ghost of V

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »

Er.. Have you read the books? ASOIAF is very grounded and 'realistic' compared to other fantasy series that I've read. Major characters are not protected by plot armour, magic is a mysterious and rare force that isn't well defined.

But I love plot armor.

Oh, and that acronym sucks.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:37:31 AM by Vauxhall »