Any Geography teachers here?
« on: October 18, 2017, 08:04:06 AM »
If so, I have a few questions,

How did you manage to keep your job despite holding beliefs that run contrary to the conventional wisdom of your peers?

Among the other geo teachers, are you the like weird guy that the other, more popular geo teachers ignore?

Instead of a globe, do you use a frizbee?

Have you ever had this one honor student constantly trying to correct you on the facts that you keep trying to teach? If so, have you ever reached the point of feeling, as the kids of today would say, "totally wrecked" and had to hold back on the temptation to, as the young'uns would say, "deck them in the face"?

I'm honestly curious...

devils advocate

Re: Any Geography teachers here?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:24:56 PM »
What would be the difference between your example and a religious education teacher? Logically an RE teacher can either be atheist, agnostic or follow one of the known religions (or I guess make up a new religion) Either way they are at odds with the majority of religious thought i.e. if they are christian all the atheists, Muslims, Jews etc think they are wrong and so on. On a similar note there are schools (even in the UK) that actually teach Creationism as opposed to evolution so there's precedent there too.

PS Are you a Pratchet fan by any chance?  ;)