Revel

Motion of Orbit by the Flat Earth/ Shape of the Flat Earth
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:55:33 AM »
I was wondering how the flat Earth is expected to orbit and how it looks like; is there a consensus on either matter? And to keep myself from getting reprimanded for "low content" I'll elaborate slightly: does the Earth rotate vertically, horizontally, is it shaped like a disk or an extremely oblate spheroid? More examples exist but I'll leave them up to interpretation from FE'rs.

And I swear to god Tom if you start bringing up Celestial Gravitation or Electromagnetic Acceleration in this thread...

Offline Ga_x2

• View Profile
Re: Motion of Orbit by the Flat Earth/ Shape of the Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:09:48 AM »
I don't think anyone in here thinks the earth is either rotating or orbiting anything. The only possible movement could be a rotation of the plane, like an old vinyl disc ;D but I don't think anyone in here thinks that's the case

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:51:01 AM »
Read the wiki,
The main explanation is that the sun moon and stars rotate above the earth while planets are a refraction from the sun of some sort.
(The sun being a spotlight that points downwards)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:33:59 PM by GiantTurtle »
We generally accept evidence from all  sources.

The only evidence for Round Earth celestial accuracy (assuming that timeanddate is even based on RET) is the evidence you collected with your friends last month?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 09:22:54 PM »
I was wondering how the flat Earth is expected to orbit and how it looks like; is there a consensus on either matter? And to keep myself from getting reprimanded for "low content"

The reason you get reprimanded is that you keep asking questions that are CLEARLY answered in the Wiki.

This is annoying for the FE'ers - and some of us more fanatical RE'ers too.

The question you're asking is well-covered in the Wiki - and you could certainly answer it yourself by browsing through it.  There actually ISN'T very much information there - but what is there, you should read.

(And yes, lots of the information is outdated, contradictory, only representative of SOME FE'ers views - and (of course) ridiculously easy to debunk).
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?