Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
Chinese space station to crash soon "within months"
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
Chinese space station to crash soon "within months"
https://gizmodo.com/chinas-tiangong-1-space-station-will-crash-to-earth-in-1819485184

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:18:50 PM by gizmo910 »
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese space station to crash soon "within months"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:22:56 AM »
Are you talking about this incredibly phony Chinese space station?

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 03:34:32 AM »
Regardless of what fakery you believe occurred, there will be some crazy man-made (Chinese) stuff falling to earth soon. Just something to lookout for.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

;)

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 08:25:41 PM »
Every once in awhile you have to drop some trash from a cargo plane at 40,000 feet to make it all seem real.

Bombs away, bay doors open captain, ok, push and jettison parts of fake station.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Every once in awhile you have to drop some trash from a cargo plane at 40,000 feet to make it all seem real.

Bombs away, bay doors open captain, ok, push and jettison parts of fake station.

Proof?

;)

Revel

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 01:16:59 AM »
That's no bubble...

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:40:58 AM »
https://gizmodo.com/chinas-tiangong-1-space-station-will-crash-to-earth-in-1819485184

Hi Gizmo910, it's generally considered low-content posting to post a link divorced of any content. FYI.

Revel

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:07 AM »

Hi Gizmo910, it's generally considered low-content posting to post a link divorced of any content. FYI.

But it's directly related to the title of the thread....

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 12:20:06 PM »

OP edited to prevent "low-content"

;)

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 10:45:18 PM »
Are you talking about this incredibly phony Chinese space station?

Wow!  That sure was some hokey debunking!

1) I don't know what this "wave blower" thing is claimed to be.  I've watched a LOT of footage of astronauts in those water tanks and I've never seen anything of that nature.  Not to say it doesn't exist - but Google doesn't find an references to it.
2) At 0:29 it's said that the (chinese) mission commander said the astronauts entered "Into the water"...I'm guessing his English is better than your Chinese - but not as good as it needed to be.  Not exactly a smoking gun.
3) At 0:38 it's said that we're seeing a water bubble float upwards and change speed.  Well if you zoom in, it's not round - so for sure it ain't a bubble.  The change in speed did puzzle me for a bit - but if you slow the video WAY down - you can see that this thing is either a reflection in the helmet - not an actual object - or it lodges under the front of the helmet at the top of the visor.  Then some other, faster, object flies past in a roughly similar spot - but again, it's clearly not round like a bubble...and it's tumbling.  I have to say that I'm kinda horrified that the Chinese are letting debris float out into space like that...but nobody said they were good at this stuff. At 1:00 and 1:10 you can see more of this debris - but this time it's not going out of shot vertically - but at an angle.  So not a bubble.  Is this why the videographer is claiming that there are "blowers"?  Maybe that's his excuse for the diagonal motions here?
4) At 1:15 the caption says that rows of lights can be seen where open space should be.  Well, we can clearly see from the lighting of the scene that there are a couple of rows of LED lights attached to the camera that are what is reflected in the astronauts wristwatch.  There isn't just "Space" there - there's "Space PLUS the camera that's taking the video and a set of lights bolted to the camera somewhere".  Notice that this reflection only happens when the watch face is at right angles to our line of sight...proving that the lights are where the camera is.
5) At 1:34, the caption asks "From the other camera angle, where did those lights go?" - and judging by the illumination on the floating Astronaut's legs, I'd say they were below the curve of the spacecraft. At 1:45, the caption asks where the astronaut is being illuminated from...and I think we have our answer.
6) At 1:54, the caption states that the flag looks like it's being waved underwater.  I've gotta say, no it doesn't.  Water creates immense drag - and this flag is preserving it's momentum insanely well - it's flapping around more vigorously than it would in air even!  NO...not convincing evidence of fakery...quite the opposite.
7) At 2:04, the caption asks why the astronauts never let go?  They never free float like in USA or Russian space walks.   Well, in early NASA space walks, they DIDN'T let go either.  Most of the ISS footage you see of Russians and Americans are when they are attached to the Canadarm - a giant robotic arm that keeps them poisitioned with their feet in a harness.   But if you were a Chinese astronaut out in real deep space for the first time - with untested tethers and a seemingly bottomless pit beneath your feet...don't you think you might be inclined to hold onto something solid!  The videographer says that if they did let go they'd be "pulled away by the water" - but that's stupid.  The entire REASON for training in a big water tank is precisely so this kind of thing DOESN'T happen!  The spacesuits they wear in those training tanks are carefully weighed down.   If they weren't then their guy's feet would be five feet above his head.  (Maybe those mythical "wave blowers" are something to do with it?)
8) At 2:14, we're treated to the funniest caption yet!  "Why is the earth always in the same position?"   Wow!  What bozo wrote that line?!   The spacecraft is IN ORBIT - it's altitude and orientation aren't changing...duh!  Then - to add to the hilarity: "Somehow the craft's movement matches the earth's exactly?  For hours?"...well, yes!  Those GPS satellites do it for DECADES.  That's what an orbit is.
9) At 2:37 we're told that the clouds are moving past too fast.  Well, guess what?  The spacecraft is moving at about 8,000 mile per hour.  Yeah - the clouds move past pretty quick at that speed.  The craft goes all the way around the earth every 72 minutes!  That's **FAST**.
10) Why is the video and audio so clear?   Well, if you spend enough money - it can be.  This was a major day for the Chinese - the went all out here.  Also, it's not clear if this is live footage or data streamed back to Earth after the event.  If it's the latter then they can send high quality video at slower than realtime and the quality can be STUNNING.  If you ever get to see the 70mm film footage shot on the Space Shuttle years ago - it's AMAZING.  The audio on the sample didn't seem so great though...tiny microphone inside tiny helmet...not surprising.  The "comparison" footage is all from 10 years ago...and technology has improved since then.
11) At 3:20, we're invited to compare this to US underwater training...and unsurprisingly, it's all washed out blue and you can see the support divers, lots of bubbles, and the sides of the pool.
12) At 3:32, there is some babble about proof that their gymnasts were underage...I have no clue about the relevance of this.  But I'm pretty sure their space agency is not the same organization as their sports cheating department.

So - what have we learned here?

Nothing whatever.  Not a single darned thing.  This is a truly terrible "debunking" video.  You can pull it apart without any effort whatever.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?