Thork

NSA play WOW
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:49 PM »
There is absolutley nowhere that the NSA won't go. Please f-off and leave us all alone you nosey b*st*rds!  >o<

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25310774

Quote from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25310774
At one point during the investigation, so many national security agents were reportedly playing video games that a "deconfliction" group was created to ensure they were not inadvertently spying on one another.
Your tax dollars hard at work.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: NSA play WOW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:56:40 PM »
If you were a super secret spy and you could choose between the streets of Baghdad or playing WoW all day, what would you choose?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:01:54 AM »

Baghdad.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »
As a former WoW player I take offence to this :(

We're not all fat and unhygienic. Some of us are extremely skinny and unhygienic.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 02:09:11 AM »
This isn't even a privacy issue; it's an issue of government employees getting paid by our tax dollars to play computer games.

If you were a super secret spy and you could choose between the streets of Baghdad or playing WoW all day, what would you choose?

I'm pretty sure that the people they've got doing this are the ones who would ordinarily be doing boring computer work.  Contrary to what shows like CSI depict, the white-collar professionals doing office work and the badasses waving guns around and busting the bad guys are actually in two separate lines of work.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 02:10:36 AM »
Contrary to what shows like CSI depict, the white-collar professionals doing office work and the badasses waving guns around and busting the bad guys are actually in two separate lines of work.
But... but... :(
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:16:15 AM »
Uhh, guys.

US and British spies have reportedly infiltrated online games such as World of Warcraft in an effort to identify terrorist threats, according to media reports.

Yeah, that's totally why they're playing video games all day, they're looking for terrorists. The media is fucking retarded. If you worked for a government agency that has zero oversight, what would you do? Because I would tell my boss to fuck off and play games all day too.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 02:37:46 AM »
This isn't even a privacy issue; it's an issue of government employees getting paid by our tax dollars to play computer games.

I'm pretty sure that the people they've got doing this are the ones who would ordinarily be doing boring computer work.  Contrary to what shows like CSI depict, the white-collar professionals doing office work and the badasses waving guns around and busting the bad guys are actually in two separate lines of work.
I'm not talking about the gun waving, I'm talking about the "sit in a cafe and listen all day" type.

Though I'm not sure where the line is between field informant and electronic informant.  But I would assume that anyone with great computer skills wouldn't be given a task that didn't require their computer skills.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 02:45:12 AM »
Uhh, guys.

US and British spies have reportedly infiltrated online games such as World of Warcraft in an effort to identify terrorist threats, according to media reports.

Yeah, that's totally why they're playing video games all day, they're looking for terrorists. The media is fucking retarded. If you worked for a government agency that has zero oversight, what would you do? Because I would tell my boss to fuck off and play games all day too.

It's generally considered bad form in journalism to interject personal opinions into articles, no matter how obvious they seem.