New to the Flat Earth Society read my story please
« on: March 13, 2018, 12:18:29 AM »
Dear Flat Earth Member,

My name is Jacob a new member to the F.E.S. It recently came to my attention that there is a forum for my fellow FE believers.
2 days ago i took a plane to america it took 8 hours. While i was on the plane i came to my notice that there was no curvature in the earth. When i landed i immediately searched on my bing searching engine for theories why there was no curvature. I read for 8 hours that night and came to the understanding that my life was a lie and that every lied to me about the earth being a sphere.

Thanks for reading my story

Kind regards your fellow College / FEM / Licenced Therapist

Jacob von Stolk

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Flat Earth Society read my story please
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:31:16 AM »
You shouldn't expect to see any curvature, even in the RET model. Commercial passenger planes don't provide the necessary altitude and field of view to discern any curvature.

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 02:25:10 AM »
You shouldn't expect to see any curvature, even in the RET model. Commercial passenger planes don't provide the necessary altitude and field of view to discern any curvature.

You're right about the field of view, but not altitude. Pilots can, and sometimes do see curvature because they're sitting in front of large windows. However, the curve is very slight and only noticeable with the best atmospheric conditions (little haze, few clouds, etc).
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 02:44:23 AM »

You're right about the field of view, but not altitude. Pilots can, and sometimes do see curvature because they're sitting in front of large windows. However, the curve is very slight and only noticeable with the best atmospheric conditions (little haze, few clouds, etc).

Given the contradictory claims by pilots themselves on the subject, I will go ahead an assert I am correct on both.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 12:25:08 PM »
Given the contradictory claims by pilots themselves on the subject, I will go ahead an assert I am correct on both.
Good way to prove yourself right I guess, just assert yourself to be correct.
From this thread it sounds like you can't see it on most flights (I travel quite a lot with work but have never noticed a curve).
From Concorde though, which flew higher, it does sound like you could see it:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/633492-pilots-when-can-you-start-seeing-curvature-earth-sky-black.html

But you guys have that covered anyway with this Wiki page:

https://wiki.tfes.org/High_Altitude_Photographs

This is one of the somewhat frustrating parts of flat earth theory, a lot of it is "Heads I win, tails you lose"

FE: The horizon is flat, that proves the earth is flat
RE: Well, no, it's just at ground level the curve is too small to be detected. At high enough altitude you can see the curve
FE: That's just the spotlight of the sun
RE: What? You literally just said there isn't a curve!
FE: Yes, but...LOOK OVER THERE! *runs away*
FE: (to other FErs) We won another one! *high fives*
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:19 AM »
My name is Jacob a new member to the F.E.S.

Hi Jacob, welcome to the forum. :)

This is a public forum so it may be wise to remove your last name, you can do this by using the "modify" on your original post. I am taking it at face value that you are sincere in your FE enquiry and that you are not a new alt of some kind (I've been wrong before) Just don't share too much personal infomation on this site because, like I just said, its a public forum ect,,,
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 01:24:43 AM »

That's why I didn't say EVERY pilot sees curve. I know a few pilots as I used to take lessons at a flight school and I asked. Two (of maybe 12) said they saw it once or twice, but only on the clearest day.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 01:37:37 AM »
My name is Jacob a new member to the F.E.S.

Hi Jacob, welcome to the forum. :)

This is a public forum so it may be wise to remove your last name, you can do this by using the "modify" on your original post. I am taking it at face value that you are sincere in your FE enquiry and that you are not a new alt of some kind (I've been wrong before) Just don't share too much personal infomation on this site because, like I just said, its a public forum ect,,,
Looks more like an address than a name.

Thork from Berkshire.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »
I totally agree with you my dude. Flat earth is 100% guaranteed real. I'm glad you've joined the cul.. I mean scientific group. Its nice that we are finally gaining new popularity since people have opened their eyes to the LIES OF THE GOVERMENT. (e.g chemtrails) You should make sure to debunk any other lies you've been forced into believing. (Hint hint all of the education system)

Your sincerely,
The pussy buster (Also known as X-X KILLER ASSASIN X-X)

¬Tryina make a change!