Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: A misunderstanding
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 12:02:24 AM »
Ignoring my point that the improvements were made by them, ok.

Did I say they weren't involved with NASA at all? No, I simply said scientists around the world collaborate on the things they do. All of the groups that do this on Earth talk to all the other groups that do this. You're saying NASA has their hand up the Paris groups ass, just because they talk and collaborate. I'm telling you that just makes you sound even more paranoid than you already did, as though NASA is some giant puppet master over all. Which especially doesn't make sense as collaboration would have been far more limited in the early years of this facility, and I've seen nothing to suggest they ever called foul on NASA with the moon reflectors.

If NASA is "collaborating" with someone, that suggests that money is exchanging hands. The government is not in the business of requesting research or data from scientists and then crossing their fingers that they will come through.

Re: A misunderstanding
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 12:04:50 AM »
Ignoring my point that the improvements were made by them, ok.

Did I say they weren't involved with NASA at all? No, I simply said scientists around the world collaborate on the things they do. All of the groups that do this on Earth talk to all the other groups that do this. You're saying NASA has their hand up the Paris groups ass, just because they talk and collaborate. I'm telling you that just makes you sound even more paranoid than you already did, as though NASA is some giant puppet master over all. Which especially doesn't make sense as collaboration would have been far more limited in the early years of this facility, and I've seen nothing to suggest they ever called foul on NASA with the moon reflectors.

If NASA is "collaborating" with someone, that suggests that money is exchanging hands. The government is not in the business of requesting research from scientists and then crossing their fingers that they will come through.
Yeah, between NASA and it's government, and the Paris observatory and the governmental body they're beholden to. The two of them then share the information they collect to help further understanding of the universe and find new things to work on. How is this a hard concept to understand? There is no needed implication of money changing hands between NASA and the Paris observatory here.