Offline Tron

• View Profile
Is this a photo of another Flat Earth?
« on: August 31, 2020, 04:59:33 AM »
Hi All,

Id like to share with you a photo of the "Cats Eye" Nebula NGC 6543 from the Hubble telescope.   It is 3000 light years away.   To me this is evidence that the Flat Earth Theory is real and we can see similar worlds in our own backyard. 

Notice how the core of this Nebula resembles water and land mass surrounded by a gigantic ice wall (illustrated by the lighter shades of blue).   At the center we see what looks like a sun/moon setup.  The sun is emitting ultraviolet radiation which ionizes the nebula and produces enough light for us to see.   Lastly, notice the contrails of dry land encircling the land.   Pretty neet stuff.  Any thoughts?
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Is this a photo of another Flat Earth?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 07:51:21 AM »
You understand that these images are colourised? They wouldn’t actually look like that if you were there.
And the are you are talking about must be light years across.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 07:54:25 AM »
To me this is evidence that the Flat Earth Theory is real and we can see similar worlds in our own backyard. 
An unsourced image shouldn't be considered evidence of anything, and I'd be very sceptical even if it turned out to be genuine. There is too much room for misinterpretation with "photographs" like these.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »
Well, I understand everyone's objections.  Id say just enjoy the photo and have fun trying to figure out what's what.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 03:03:35 AM »
You understand that these images are colourised? They wouldn’t actually look like that if you were there.

Okay, I've done some research on Nebulae and from what I'm hearing is that these colors are sometimes Natural.   Other Times Nebulae are sortof colored Blue for oxygen, Green for a Oxygen Hydrogen Mix and Dusty Red or Brown when Dust is present.  But these may kinda be the actual colors to.  However, sometimes Hydrogen is represented as red which makes Nebulae like this look entirely Red, soo.

In terms of distance, this is obviously a hot topic among Round Earthers and Flat Earthers alike.   So how big this is is something debatable IMO. 

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 02:55:31 PM »

Okay, I've done some research on Nebulae and from what I'm hearing is that these colors are sometimes Natural.   Other Times Nebulae are sortof colored Blue for oxygen, Green for a Oxygen Hydrogen Mix and Dusty Red or Brown when Dust is present.  But these may kinda be the actual colors to.  However, sometimes Hydrogen is represented as red which makes Nebulae like this look entirely Red, soo.

In terms of distance, this is obviously a hot topic among Round Earthers and Flat Earthers alike.   So how big this is is something debatable IMO.

I have taken photos of nebulea with my own camera and equipment and can verify that they do contain colors. Blue, green, yellow and more. Lots of pictures on the internet have those colors enhanced or are false-color when taken in non-visible bands like infrared, but nebulea very much can have real colors.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »
That's great, thank you JSS. And for the record, the picture above is actually M57 The "Ring Nubula". 

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 03:38:06 PM »
This seems to be the source of the image, it's a composite from 3 data sources apparently.

http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/M57-HST-Subaru.html

I don't know exactly how the data has been processed.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"