Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6620 on: October 22, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »
That tweet is definitely fake. The article it links doesn't even mention Gentoo.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: October 22, 2020, 06:34:26 PM »
That tweet is definitely fake.
And this is most likely the tweet actually used for it:

Same timestamp, same article, same account. A very lazy fake, and well below the standards we've all grown to expect from Tom's fact-checking. Hell, even the /pol/ threads originally spreading this have caught up with it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:36:32 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: October 22, 2020, 07:42:30 PM »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: October 22, 2020, 08:20:30 PM »
That tweet is definitely fake.
And this is most likely the tweet actually used for it:

Same timestamp, same article, same account. A very lazy fake, and well below the standards we've all grown to expect from Tom's fact-checking. Hell, even the /pol/ threads originally spreading this have caught up with it.

Tom must have caught on early because he never bothered to come back to defend it (which is uncharacteristic, to say the least).
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: October 22, 2020, 08:35:43 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-releases-full-60-minutes-video-violates-agreement/

This is, of course, a badge of honor for Lesley Stahl. Not only did Trump walk out of the interview, he was so agitated he broke his agreement and published the interview himself, ahead of the appearance on 60 Minutes.

Kudos, Lesley. I hope you hit Joe fairly on the issues, because if not it would unfortunately prove Trump right.

My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #6625 on: October 22, 2020, 09:02:10 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-releases-full-60-minutes-video-violates-agreement/

This is, of course, a badge of honor for Lesley Stahl. Not only did Trump walk out of the interview, he was so agitated he broke his agreement and published the interview himself, ahead of the appearance on 60 Minutes.

Kudos, Lesley. I hope you hit Joe fairly on the issues, because if not it would unfortunately prove Trump right.

Biden was being interviewed by someone else.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: October 22, 2020, 11:19:17 PM »

Biden was being interviewed by someone else.

I forgot that, but the point stands. If Biden's interviewer threw nothing but softballs this gambit may end up being worthwhile for Trump.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: October 23, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/23/hunter-biden-wins-the-debate-431558

It's so beautiful. These ham-fisted attempts to vilify his opponent just aren't working with Biden like they did with Hillary. People have seen the corruption in the Trump administration and are like "and?"

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: October 25, 2020, 08:12:49 AM »
https://www.govexec.com/management/2020/10/stunning-executive-order-would-politicize-civil-service/169479/

Trump is pulling the old  "Support me or you're fired" bit from every dictator ever.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: October 26, 2020, 04:26:02 AM »
https://www.axios.com/trump-firing-wray-haspel-esper-088cbd70-3524-4625-91f1-dbc985767c71.html

None of this is surprising. Trump has made no secret of the fact that he expects high-ranking officials to be entirely loyal to him and his own personal interests rather than the country, and to do whatever he wants them to regardless of any legal or ethical concerns. Given the high turnover, the horror stories of working in the Trump Administration, and Trump's habit of furiously attacking former hires, we're going to reach a stage (assuming Trump wins) where nobody reliable or competent will want to be associated with him, and Trump will turn more and more to yes-men with no idea of what they're doing and fringe figures who have no business in national politics to staff his administration, and we'll see even more corruption and mismanagement.

And before anyone says it, or even thinks it, this is not Trump coming into conflict with the deep state as he tries to drain the swamp. These are all people that Trump hired himself while publicly praising them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:32:21 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6630 on: October 26, 2020, 11:29:23 AM »
These are all people that Trump hired himself while publicly praising them.
Considering Trump's current position, that sure sounds like the deep state to me.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: October 26, 2020, 01:23:16 PM »
Considering Trump's current position, that sure sounds like the deep state to me.

Trump IS the Deep State! 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: October 26, 2020, 01:36:22 PM »

Trump IS the Deep State!

What a twist!

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: October 26, 2020, 05:08:38 PM »

Trump IS the Deep State!

What a twist!

I think the twist is that, even as The Deep State, he still can't beat them.

4D chess against himself and he is such a worthy opponent.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: October 27, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »
Trump hits it out of the park and will win for sure.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:29 PM »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Rama Set

« Reply #6636 on: October 27, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
There is a terrible political memes thread for just this sort of stuff.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: October 27, 2020, 07:37:16 PM »
I feel like Trump is trying to win with Memes.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: October 28, 2020, 08:05:32 AM »
The upsetting thing is it’ll probably work.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #6639 on: October 28, 2020, 11:57:19 AM »
The upsetting thing is it’ll probably work.

I think if he wins it will be through the courts halting counts of mail in votes that have been impeded through the corrupt USPS.