Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
How many FErs have become believers in a creator?
« on: October 05, 2015, 07:15:58 AM »
How many (flat-earthers) here have come to believe that there must be a creator, based on the fact that the flat geocentric earth was stated first in the Bible written some 3000 years ago?

(Considering Isaiah, and Moses who wrote who wrote the book of Job, lived that far back)

It does't matter to me which god you believe (regarding the flat earth). I would just like to hear how you came to the realization that there's an intelligent being behind it all. :)

I appreciate your comments.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:22:30 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Thork

Re: How many FErs have become believers in a creator?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:41:18 AM »
Has nothing to do with the bible.

I am a Deist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Architect_of_the_Universe

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:24:45 PM »
The reason I'm asking is that I've noticed certain comments made by some of the people in the modern forefront (limelight) of the flat earth belief, among those pushing it forward on YouTube. So to be frank and honest, most of the people who are really pushing the whole flat earth understanding to the people today, either they already believed in a creator, or they have been won over to it by the fact that the Bible detailed it first.

I've heard others make similar comment before I started making note of it.

So I started seeing a trend that some people who were atheists or agnostic are being led to believe there is a creator by way of the FE evidence. Then I got to wondering how many others there are.

“I don’t have a problem with atheists because I used to be one - And I’m more certain the Bible is the truth, more certain of that, based on the evidence, than I am of my own name!” —TigerDan925

“What if… the very anatomy of the earth proved creation? completely blowing the anhilistic Big Bang evolutionist lie out of the water, and the powers that have worked hard to keep this Truth PROOF from from you, because they want to keep their power and authority over us, and if the TRUTH be known … that there definitely IS a Higher Power, their power structures would crumble and fall … like the Jericho Walls.”  (I had a computer issue that forced a reboot before I could write down the video-maker who made this statement.)

Mark Sargent says that he started looking into flat earth clues just because he could see that it was truthful. But he says that he avoided admitting that it pointed to God for as long as he could skirt around it. But finally he came to terms with the fact that the same evidence pointed to a creator, because it was written first in the Bible.

"I need to to thank all the people who have sent me stacks and stacks of Biblical scripture, asking me to stop dancing around the title of the flat model, and call the structure what it really is. And you know, they have a point. I have put myself at a distance because I wanted to reach people who are outside of religious faith, and even who are outside of general conspiracies. But for all those spiritual groups who have contacted me, I can however say with conviction that… this third statement is this: They are hiding GOD. Despite what labels I put on the flat model structure, the oldest names are from the oldest texts - one of those being called “the firmament.” If the firmament was discovered in 1956, and it was deliberately hidden, then the ruling authority not only hid the structure, but evidence of the builders. And when I say builders, I mean creators, and by that, I mean what people define as God.

Hiding God could be one of the worst ideas of all time. And if you are a person os great, or small faith, you have a vested interest in any evidence that would vindicate and solidify your years of dedicated service. If a structure were found that for all intents and purposes, the hand-print of God on it, then the ruling authority has no right to keep it from you.” —Mark Sargent

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:03:27 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 10:14:35 AM »
Has nothing to do with the bible.

its got every-thing to do with it!

nisi Dominus frustra

Thork

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
For you maybe.

Whilst I subscribe to a creator, I don't buy into the whole Jesus story.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 03:10:52 PM »
(a) creator(s) might exist. but he/she/it/them is not bible-god
The Mastery.

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 05:40:20 AM »
The God of the Bible is the only real contender for the rôle of all powerful, all loving, all knowing, all wise and all just Creator that our world testifies to in a million ways every day.

...and....our flat, snow-globed, "miniaturised marvel" Earth/'universe' seals up the sum of it  :-B
nisi Dominus frustra

Tellthetruth

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
I have come here as a result of my search for the Creator.
I asked "GOD" around 1985 to show me Himself, if He existed.
HE has been answering my request according to how carefully I sought Him.
I am a bit surprised how few here throw themselves on faith to answer the questions life presents.
But, each has his purpose and voice. This is a good thing.
I remember first finding out the incredible deceptions in "religion".
Than the incredible deceptions of governments, than science etc.
Perhaps it is a blessing I don't dwell on all the so called sciences.
Of course I do consider as many as possible.
Never sure answers and more questions come forth.
Always learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.
I am glad for this thread and that I found this website, but, my participation will be limited
as I seem to come from a different angle than most here.
But, running away I will not.
Understanding be to us all.

A   P.S.   While I don't claim a mastery of the scriptures, I do "Dwell" in them.
I listen to them at work, in my car and at home.
In the mid 1980's I bought an audio version of the bible. Actually many. After wearing ou several copies
I recorded the whole bible via cassettes into my computer by microphone. I burned them to CD's than MP3.
It is now my music, and what I choose to do.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 03:57:01 PM »
I think the existence of the watch implies the existence of a watchmaker.  I think there was/is an architect.  I do not think there is any evidence to imply that said architect is a deity in the supernatural sense.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:49:25 AM by Tintagel »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 01:21:41 AM »
I'm a pretty strong atheist and also an FEer, so make of that what you will.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Tellthetruth

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 11:44:28 AM »
I think the existence of the watch implies the existence of a watchmaker.  I think there was/is an architect.  I do not think there is any evidence to imply that said architect is a deity in the supernatural sense.

At the risk of causing any Tintagels to bristle, I wish to say this.
I have read many insightful posts by you. Thank you for your time.

My point is, such an insidious form of control as a watch is sort of a contrary example.
Clearly a watch was made by a man.
A watch does exactly was it was meant to do. Mechanically. It is a fancy "Stick in the mud"
It will never be any more than it is. A timekeeper.

My Dogs too are all they were meant to be. BUT, they have life. Life is something special. No man will make life
as far as I can tell. My dogs, with love and care will perform a good service to me. And will offer me love in
proportion to that which I give them.
And as my perceptions reach out beyond this physical plane, and people distance themselves from me, their companionship is most welcome.
People tell me to wear a tin foil hat. I tell them that will just make me an antenna. They say just ground
it to your flat earth, you will be OK. (Wonder if that is true?)

I believe I was created in the image of GOD.
My purpose is to strive to be more than I am. Really not hard for me, as there is much room for improvement.
My spirit resonates in such a way, I see many new things I can comfortably call GOD.

It is available to all (Free), BUT, costs everything we know.
I know most here know that feeling.

Be well fellow thinkers.

Thank GOD for free choice. We all have a purpose.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »

At the risk of causing any Tintagels to bristle, I wish to say this.
I have read many insightful posts by you. Thank you for your time.

My point is, such an insidious form of control as a watch is sort of a contrary example.
Clearly a watch was made by a man.
A watch does exactly was it was meant to do. Mechanically. It is a fancy "Stick in the mud"
It will never be any more than it is. A timekeeper.

My Dogs too are all they were meant to be. BUT, they have life. Life is something special. No man will make life
as far as I can tell. My dogs, with love and care will perform a good service to me. And will offer me love in
proportion to that which I give them.
And as my perceptions reach out beyond this physical plane, and people distance themselves from me, their companionship is most welcome.
People tell me to wear a tin foil hat. I tell them that will just make me an antenna. They say just ground
it to your flat earth, you will be OK. (Wonder if that is true?)

I believe I was created in the image of GOD.
My purpose is to strive to be more than I am. Really not hard for me, as there is much room for improvement.
My spirit resonates in such a way, I see many new things I can comfortably call GOD.

It is available to all (Free), BUT, costs everything we know.
I know most here know that feeling.

Be well fellow thinkers.

Thank GOD for free choice. We all have a purpose.

Not bristling at all, we all have to figure out faith for ourselves. 

Other people's belief systems don't bother me at all, as long as I'm not told I need to alter my values and behaviors conform to a belief system that isn't mine.  I'm pretty easy to get along with.

Offline drevko

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 12:00:04 AM »
I did, well, I was going to get there anyhow, but it supports it.

But there's no 3000 years, they were using a lunar calendar, humanity has been here only for a few centuries, not even one millennium.

But believing in a creator it's just a good step, the next is Theos agnostos, bypassing the demiurge, the creator.