Offline somerled

• View Profile
14lbs p.s.i. atmospheric pressure at sea level .
But you have been shown several videos of this working in a vacuum
Have another look at the video I posted:

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=15502.msg201754#msg201754

I believe your latest "theory" is that the gases the rocket expels which create enough pressure for the rocket to then push off of?
Have a look at the end of the video where there's a slowed down video of the rocket working in a vacuum.
You'll note the pressure gauge barely flickers after the rocket has moved so no, after the rocket has moved it's still pretty much in a vacuum.
And the tube is over 3m long in response to the idea that it could have been pushing off the bottom of the container.
You then changed tack and started about combustion - that has been dealt with above by someone who knows what they're talking about.

A 3m+ cylinder which we cannot see into ? The prof will have to do better  .

14lbs p.s.i. atmospheric pressure at sea level .

... which is not providing any resistance at all to the rocket exhaust. That air is getting blown far, far away, and the result is that air to the above and side of the engine is being drawn in - rapidly - to fill the void.

The air below the engine at start up has been ejected out of the side of the building, with the air from above and side of the engine also being driven out when it gets in the way of the exhaust.

Thought experiment; a single particle of rocket exhaust leaves the engine and hits a single particle of air. How does that transfer forward motion back to the body of the craft? 

Air pressure provides a constant 14lbs psi at sea level = 14lbs psi resistance .

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
nothing passes the sniff test when it comes to NASA

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/07/24/sorry-internet-some-of-your-favorite-space-pictures-are-fakes/#7472db02437e

"Sorry, Internet, Some Of Your Favorite Space Pictures Are Fakes"

My opinion is it's all fakery !!!  ALL OF IT....You've lost your way to GOD

Next you'll believe I gained 3.5 inches in space and lost 55 lbs.   space is good !!

The fake you are referring to is GOD.  No such thing except in weak minds.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
A 3m+ cylinder which we cannot see into ?
Yes. If you watch the video he explains why that is. But air is transparent so how would being able to see in it help you? You can’t tell from looking whether it’s a vacuum or not. The pressure gauge tells you that and it barely moves after the rocket fires. Conclusive proof that the rocket works in a vacuum. And your comments about combustion have been comprehensively dealt with too.

At this point I suggest you’re trolling so I’ll leave it there.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 07:08:34 PM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Air pressure provides a constant 14lbs psi at sea level = 14lbs psi resistance .

.. but it's not resisting.

Surely this is self-evident from the plumes of smoke, steam and AIR being driven at high speed away from the engine?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Amateur footage - last one, unless anyone asks for more

Nearly?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
It looks soo fake it must be real. No more, please no more.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile

You (EDIT not you, but totallackey) asked for amateur footage. Do you accept that what has been provided is amateurs videoing, and members of the public watching, these launches and landings? If not, why not?

If not, can you actually prove any fakery, beyond your disbelief?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:44:01 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile

Ok you caught us, every single person on earth except you is in on the gag

Offline somerled

• View Profile
A 3m+ cylinder which we cannot see into ?
Yes. If you watch the video he explains why that is. But air is transparent so how would being able to see in it help you? You can’t tell from looking whether it’s a vacuum or not. The pressure gauge tells you that and it barely moves after the rocket fires. Conclusive proof that the rocket works in a vacuum. And your comments about combustion have been comprehensively dealt with too.

At this point I suggest you’re trolling so I’ll leave it there.

Where is this explanation ?  He says at the end of the video ( which was supposed to remove all experimental gaffes from his first rubbish attempt ) that he should have use a clear perspex tube . It's another huge blunder . Nowhere in that video can we see a 3.7m evacuated tube . And he refuses to show the rocket design . Why ? What is the little dangly bit hanging directly beneath the nozzle , if that's what it is ?This bufoon has plenty to hide and plenty of blind followers.

Offline somerled

• View Profile

.. but it's not resisting.

Surely this is self-evident from the plumes of smoke, steam and AIR being driven at high speed away from the engine?

Of course it's resisting . Where do you think the reactive force of thrust comes from ?

If there was no resistance  then the plumes of smoke would travel for miles at high speed  .

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Where is this explanation ? He says at the end of the video ( which was supposed to remove all experimental gaffes from his first rubbish attempt ) that he should have use a clear perspex tube.

11:15. He says he could have, not should. And he explains he was trying to keep the cost down. It’s not a blunder, the rest doesn’t need to be transparent, that wouldn’t affect the result. And the rocket design is irrelevant. You can see from both tests that it’s expelling propellant from one end, that moves the rocket up. And as he’s proved, it does so whether the tube is evacuated or not.

If you dispute his findings then I urge you to do your own tests and post them for review. I look forward to seeing your results.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline somerled

• View Profile
Where is this explanation ? He says at the end of the video ( which was supposed to remove all experimental gaffes from his first rubbish attempt ) that he should have use a clear perspex tube.

11:15. He says he could have, not should. And he explains he was trying to keep the cost down. It’s not a blunder, the rest doesn’t need to be transparent, that wouldn’t affect the result. And the rocket design is irrelevant. You can see from both tests that it’s expelling propellant from one end, that moves the rocket up. And as he’s proved, it does so whether the tube is evacuated or not.

If you dispute his findings then I urge you to do your own tests and post them for review. I look forward to seeing your results.

To save a few bob he totally compromises his most important experiment !!!  hahahaha

Offline AATW

• View Profile
To save a few bob he totally compromises his most important experiment !!!  hahahaha

Again, it made zero difference to the experiment or result.
Dude, just accept it, you’re wrong about this.
But I look forward to the results of your experiment.

totallackey

Rocket in a vacuum:

Disingenuous video.

What is the precise scientific method for tapping a gauge in terms of both number and force to ensure reliable operation?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:41:11 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

Got half a dozen more lined up in my YT watch history - all amateur, all showing the public watching this, right in front of them
Now you are just lying.  Most every launch is annonced and people watch them.  Duh
Posting vids...claiming they are amateur.

Yeah...

Strikes me as weird the whole ignition and fire thing anyway...

No one ever asked why all the necessity for pyrotechnics?

The claim by rocket proponents is all you need is pressurized expulsion of gas, even if you are in a vacuum...you will still go the opposite direction.

Of course, this is pure BS.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
Got half a dozen more lined up in my YT watch history - all amateur, all showing the public watching this, right in front of them
Now you are just lying.  Most every launch is annonced and people watch them.  Duh

The claim by rocket proponents is all you need is pressurized expulsion of gas, even if you are in a vacuum...you will still go the opposite direction.

Why do you find it weird?

Are you talking about the sparks at the base of the rocket before launch? If so yes people asked.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-launch-pads-light-up-sparks-under-rocket-boosters-before-launch

If you don't believe the amature footage just go watch a launch for youself...
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

totallackey

Why do you find it weird?

Are you talking about the sparks at the base of the rocket before launch? If so yes people asked.
Thanks for talking about sparklers and thinking that addresses flames.

And thanks for ignoring the rest of the post.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-launch-pads-light-up-sparks-under-rocket-boosters-before-launch
If you don't believe the amature footage just go watch a launch for youself...
Why would I want to go watch holographic images?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
And that, right there, sums up a lot of mentality I see from conspiracy theorists.
You believe something without providing any evidence but when you are shown evidence for being incorrect you just without basis dismiss it as fake.
It's a pretty dishonest way of debating.
But OK, as you said it - what is your evidence that rocket launches are holographic images which are good enough to fool people from multiple viewpoints and angles. Does that technology even exist?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile

LOL, this is the post of the decade and just in time.  Holographic images LOL

Delude yourself much?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
And that, right there, sums up a lot of mentality I see from conspiracy theorists.
You believe something without providing any evidence but when you are shown evidence for being incorrect you just without basis dismiss it as fake.
It's a pretty dishonest way of debating.
But OK, as you said it - what is your evidence that rocket launches are holographic images which are good enough to fool people from multiple viewpoints and angles. Does that technology even exist?

Exactly.  Pick a stance and defend it to the death no matter how retarded it makes you look.  Holograms and ignoring 5th grade level science.   LOL