MrAtlas

Re: The Ultimate Proof?
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 09:42:39 PM »

Interesting question giuseppepittsburgh. You would probably have problems looking through that many km of atmosphere. You would probably also have problems seeing Africa because of the Earths curvature.

However, I would really like undercoverfugl to answer my question from the last post before we get to the next, if you don't mind.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 10:42:13 PM »
Of course sorry..

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »
@Roundy: the moon and Mars are flat also? I've never heard of that before, not even from other FE'ers. Could you provide some more details about that?

Offline Rdrums

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 11:13:29 PM »
If you are at all interested in the nature of our reality and the existence of a creator, you have two hours to spare to watch this video:

I was a sceptic and an atheist until I watched this yesterday, but I am currently reconsidering this. I am having to come to terms with the magnitude of what this all means.

You can test for proof yourself like he says in the video: Try searching for flights that will head directly West from Buenos Aires to Wellington, NZ. You will find none, because the globe is not real.

Christer Fuglesang

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »
If you are at all interested in the nature of our reality and the existence of a creator, you have two hours to spare to watch this video:

I was a sceptic and an atheist until I watched this yesterday, but I am currently reconsidering this. I am having to come to terms with the magnitude of what this all means.

You can test for proof yourself like he says in the video: Try searching for flights that will head directly West from Buenos Aires to Wellington, NZ. You will find none, because the globe is not real.

Did you actually watch 2 hours boring line-up of undocumented fantasies and now you think the Earth is flat? Did you also watch Spiderman and believed in that too?

Anyway; if you find joy and comfort in you new fantasy world, I think you should just keep on believing. That's also for the rest of you 'Flat Earthers'.

Offline feuk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »

Did you actually watch 2 hours boring line-up of undocumented fantasies and now you think the Earth is flat? Did you also watch Spiderman and believed in that too?
Anyway; if you find joy and comfort in you new fantasy world, I think you should

just keep on believing. That's also for the rest of you 'Flat Earthers'.

The complete lack of rebuttal has intrigued me,

Off to watch the vid.

Offline feuk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »
Thanks for the video Rdrums,
hugely interesting.

Rather than "undocumented fantasies" I found it's use of documented history and facts to support it's hypothesis refreshing.

Nicely done.

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 03:29:36 AM »
Thanks for the video Rdrums,
hugely interesting.

Rather than "undocumented fantasies" I found it's use of documented history and facts to support it's hypothesis refreshing.

Nicely done.

That's a twist,  I didn't pick you for one of the reptile people.   

The snow globe theory postulates that aliens built the dome,  and the theory Mark Sargent is pushing is that it's like a global Truman Show,  with the reptiles in charge.   

I find Mark Sargent's style and presentation the best and most convincing of the flat earth youtube brigade,  I don't know why it's presented under a Jeranism lead in?  Is he scamming again?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:32:55 AM by Rayzor »

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 06:53:29 AM »

just to .. yes... just to what? Who would gain from a globe shaped Earth instead of a flat?

First I will address the "millions" statement. That is your number. You feel that millions would have to "in on it". I personally believe it would be in the thousands, not millions.

Now for the why and what's the purpose. Well let me ask you something...

What's the purpose for telling a child about a magical fat guy in a red suit that travels about the world distributing gifts to "good" kids?

What's the purpose of telling a child about a magical fairy that comes in the night and takes your tooth and leaves a quarter.

What's the purpose of telling a child about a magical bunny that leaves you candy and chocolates in a plastic basket bought from Wal-Mart?

So we are willing to lie to our own children. For what?

If we are so easily willing to lie to our children then we can easily lie to each other as adults.

Where do the lies start and end?

If NASA faked one, they faked them all.

If one astronaut lied, they all lied.

If one news report was faked and staged, they all are.

If one politician lies, they all do.

Do you have a lie radar?

Would you have gone on believing in Santa if no one ever told you differently?

Again I ask, where do the lies end and begin? The elitists of our world did not get there by being honest.

And don't forget, this is an open forum that anyone can join. This isn't a society or a governed body. You're here and didn't sign a membership. Neither did we.

And not all information in the FAQ's or any website is the consensus among the entire FE community.

Just like the mass media, lies and misdirection are injected into the discussion. It's no different here.

So here is my why.... there are billions of us and only a few thousand of them. If we knew the real truths and we all woke up to how we are truly slaves then we would kill them, then kill each other.

FE and truth isn't for everyone. Knowledge is power and we all can't be powerful. Someone has to work right?

Be good or Santa won't come visit you....

Start there and you will begin to understand the "why".

Offline Theguru

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 07:03:32 AM »
Sorry, but I'm still not convinced that the earth is flat. But I think that the discussions are both interesting and challenges your thinking :-)

I want to ask some of the flat earth believers if there's ANYTHING that could convince you that the earth is not flat? E.g. if you were invited into space to look for yourself or whatever. What would be 'the ultimate proof' for you that the earth is, in fact, not flat?

Prove to me that standing bodies of water are flat with actual quantifiable data then I'll believe that the earth is flat

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »
Prove to me that standing bodies of water are flat with actual quantifiable data then I'll believe that the earth is flat

Hello. Please see the Bedford Level experiment by Samuel Rowbotham for the evidence you seek. Welcome to the group of flat earth believers :)

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 08:41:14 PM »
I suspect that in the next two years we will find out for certain if the earth is indeed flat or round. With the advent of more companies joining the space race, companies like Space X, which are helping to reduce the cost of space travel with reusable stage 1 rocket boosters, it will be within our lifetime before we are able to experience the lack of gravity of space, as well as the curve or lack of the curve when we gaze back at the earth with our naked eyes.

I say naked eyes because there is always the chance that someone is using a fisheye or wide angled lens, and always the chance that the earth is either a projection or a computer simulation.

I heard someone wants to see what a rocket looks like in the vacuum of space. So below is the link to one of the space X launches of recent days.

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 05:12:48 PM »
I suspect that in the next two years

Nope...

My mother, 30 years ago paid for a reservation for a space filght. Never happened...

Now 30 years later, after being promised yet again by Virgin we would get to enjoy space travel, guess what?

NOTHING!

Ship blew up... how convenient...

Now months later, NASA says:

"since your spaceship blew up, we'd like to give you contracts to ship things into space. Even though you clearly cannot get humans into space, nor an aircraft,... here take millions of dollars worth of our stuff into space. The tax payers will not mind if it blows up."

I paraphrased just a tad...

2 years from now you will still be waiting. 30 years from now it will be outlawed because of a supposed explosion killing all passengers...

This isn't even a good story. I can think of much better tales while sitting on the crapper...

Link all the videos you want. It's fake. Aint never happened and ain't never gonna happen.

See ya in 2 years! Stay Safe!

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 05:47:57 PM »
It's actually kind of funny.  People have been saying "I suspect in the next two years..." for as long as I've been a member here, nearly a decade.  Some things never change.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline AMann

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »

Hello. Please see the Bedford Level experiment by Samuel Rowbotham for the evidence you seek. Welcome to the group of flat earth believers :)

You realize that the Bedford Level experiment as evidence for a flat Earth has been debunked multiple times right? It is not evidence of a flat earth lol

To really get any conclusive evidence, the experiment would need to be performed over water that is not flowing. Try one of the Great Lakes and see what you find.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:48:24 PM by AMann »

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »
I suspect that in the next two years

Nope...

My mother, 30 years ago paid for a reservation for a space filght. Never happened...

Now 30 years later, after being promised yet again by Virgin we would get to enjoy space travel, guess what?

NOTHING!

Ship blew up... how convenient...

Now months later, NASA says:

"since your spaceship blew up, we'd like to give you contracts to ship things into space. Even though you clearly cannot get humans into space, nor an aircraft,... here take millions of dollars worth of our stuff into space. The tax payers will not mind if it blows up."

I paraphrased just a tad...

2 years from now you will still be waiting. 30 years from now it will be outlawed because of a supposed explosion killing all passengers...

This isn't even a good story. I can think of much better tales while sitting on the crapper...
Link all the videos you want. It's fake. Aint never happened and ain't never gonna happen.

See ya in 2 years! Stay Safe!

Well for one I hope you mother got her money back. Secondly, most of the Space X flights are commercial flights, not paid for by tax payers money. Plus all of these launches are Insured. So if they blow up, the money is not lost.

No Tax payers money With the exception of the NASA missions which is a small percentage of the launch missions out there currently. A lot of them are private commercial launches to deploy more satellites like Satellite phone service and such.

the next Heavy lift vehicles that are going up can launch much heavier payloads, and will significantly decrease the cost of putting things into orbit because they are using re-usable stage 1 rockets.

China wants to get to the moon and have pushed forward their expectations to next year for exploratory missions as well as the feasibility of mining prospects.

A lot of you FE'ers will say impossible, and that you have been waiting for years with nothing, well, we will have to wait and see.

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »
Can anyone address the question posed about the celestial poles and the star trails that rotate in opposite directions on the Northern and southern hemisphere?

I've never heard a satisfactory argument for why this happens on a flat Earth. I saw a video by Eric Dubai that seeks to explain it but the assertions made make no sense to me.  Can anyone here explain it?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 07:05:05 AM »
Sorry, but I'm still not convinced that the earth is flat. But I think that the discussions are both interesting and challenges your thinking :-)

I want to ask some of the flat earth believers if there's ANYTHING that could convince you that the earth is not flat? E.g. if you were invited into space to look for yourself or whatever. What would be 'the ultimate proof' for you that the earth is, in fact, not flat?

I doubt that flat earth believers will rush at this. 
Before I put my foot too close to my mouth I would like to ask what are the accepted distances for:
Measurement
    Distance I would use
Equator to North Pole
    10,000 km
Circumference of Equator
   40,000 km
Rounding the distances to nice simple numbers would be nice, as high accuracy is not needed.
I believe I can justify these figures (or close to them) from previous writings of TFES or widely accepted data.

Offline Panzerfaust

• So You Think
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »

Before I put my foot too close to my mouth I would like to ask what are the accepted distances for:
Measurement
    Distance I would use
Equator to North Pole
    10,000 km
Circumference of Equator
   40,000 km
Rounding the distances to nice simple numbers would be nice, as high accuracy is not needed.
I believe I can justify these figures (or close to them) from previous writings of TFES or widely accepted data.

I think it's a bit silly to ask rhetorical questions like that, because we can all agree on these measures (in rounded numbers). However, I don't see how this is a proof of a RE?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 06:58:03 AM »
Measurement
    Distance I would use
Equator to North Pole
    10,000 km
Circumference of Equator
   40,000 km

I think it's a bit silly to ask rhetorical questions like that, because we can all agree on these measures (in rounded numbers). However, I don't see how this is a proof of a RE?

Actually that post was just to see if there was general agreement on those figures, and it was not really "proof of a Globe", but to my (maybe warped) mind at least if was proof that the earth could not be flat.

I posted a lot more detail in this post: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4589.msg89018#msg89018

But, very briefly:
On any round disk (such as the flat earth) a circle (the equator circle):
          the circumference is 2 x π x radius of the equator circle or 62,832 km.

So if the earth were flat, to fit with the 10,000 km equator to pole distance
         the distance around the equator would have to be 62,832 km.

But on the "real" earth the distance around the equator is only 40,000 km.
So to me it seems that the real earth simply will not fit on a flat surface.
Mind you, I don't know of a simple symmetric shape that will fit those figures, other than a sphere, but some topographical genius might suggest one.