Hollow Earth vs. Flat Earth vs. Geoid (earth shaped) Earth
« on: October 17, 2018, 06:26:37 PM »
So I read this thing about flat earth people arguing against hollow earth people about soem "incident" cans omeone tell me what the incident was and
if earth is hollow it has no volume flat earth also has no volume because it is not a sphere can you explain to me why they are fighting
What prevents you from falling out from flat earth
How does earth have mass (since in a stellar perspective the earths crust is only as heavy as a feather which makes it impossible to keep an atmosphere neither a shape)
does the flat earth spin (this is very important since if its spinning it would start to get rounder and rounder resulting in an earth that has no insides [hollow earth] and this makes the flat earth theory the hollow earth theory
does the flat earth have lava inside?
does the flat earth have teutonic plates (if it does than the flat earth would needs some curves so the teutonic paltes won't just dangle out)
and if you can try to make a mini space ship and send a camera into space so you can see it for yourself if you don't trust it you can make a normal spaceship and send the people that believes in the flat earth the most into space so they can confirm it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Hollow Earth vs. Flat Earth vs. Geoid (earth shaped) Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »
We don't talk about the incident.

Mysfit

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »
I'll field this one.
So I read this thing about flat earth people arguing against hollow earth people about soem "incident" cans omeone tell me what the incident was and
if earth is hollow it has no volume flat earth also has no volume because it is not a sphere can you explain to me why they are fighting
What prevents you from falling out from flat earth
How does earth have mass (since in a stellar perspective the earths crust is only as heavy as a feather which makes it impossible to keep an atmosphere neither a shape)
does the flat earth spin (this is very important since if its spinning it would start to get rounder and rounder resulting in an earth that has no insides [hollow earth] and this makes the flat earth theory the hollow earth theory
does the flat earth have lava inside?
does the flat earth have teutonic plates (if it does than the flat earth would needs some curves so the teutonic paltes won't just dangle out)
and if you can try to make a mini space ship and send a camera into space so you can see it for yourself if you don't trust it you can make a normal spaceship and send the people that believes in the flat earth the most into space so they can confirm it.
Not sure what incident you're going on about, but think of a plate (that you eat food off), does the plate have volume? Of course it does, all things do. The calculations for a non-mathematical shape just get super complicated.

As for what stops folk from falling off, for flat theory that is constant acceleration provided by what is called Universal Acceleration (UA). You are not being pulled down, just always pushed up.
It is not clear what this is or how it works. It simply serves as a gravity replacement.

All matter has mass. That's how.

Most models of the flat earth do not spin. There is some stuff that I don't understand about the rest of the universe spinning, but it is crazy complicated and/or nonsense.

The flat earth has magma underneath (lava is magma above ground)

The flat earth has tectonic plates, but i am trying to come up with an alternative.

Every space ship I make fails at the budget stage. Like any conspiracy.

Hope I helped

We don't talk about the incident.
I need to find the high-five button
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:44:45 PM by Mysfit »

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »
but the problem is that you can achieve gravity in two ways
1: spining (just like the international space station)
2: Mass
but flat earth is a disc meaning that it doesn't have as much mass as globe earth does (unless it has some like super dense material somewhere)
and it doesn't spin and there is a problem with putting big amounts of mass (assuming that the flat earth has the same mass as globe earth that is) in a small volume is incredibly dangerous as the flat earth may not breach the schwarshild radius (when the mass is so cramped up that it turns into a black hole)
so it would be really helpful if you could give me some precise calculations of the volume and mass of the flat earth.
And even if its not enough mass to turn into a black hole (the globe earth needs to be 2mm in diameter to turn into a black hole) it would cause the moon to spin around earth in incredible speeds which may result in 2 different ways
1: The moon would be shattered and the pieces would bombard the earth ultimately ending life
2: days would be shorter and so would nights and it will shift many things with earths orbit and the moon's tidal wave effect
and I mean you can make a gofund me project like:
Help flat earthers to go to space to confirm their beliefs if they are true or not.
this would get you helped by flat earthers(they would want you to confirm that its not round) and globe earthers(because they would want you to confirm that flat earth is false) honestly if I was like elon musk type of rich I would do my best to amke a spaceship for you guys so you can at least see if you are correct or not.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »
If the earth was of a consistent density throughout,  it would be more like a cylinder with a height of 7918 miles.  Of course there were a whole bunch of assumptions that were made to arrive at this figure that may not 'jive' with the flat earth models.  Of course the bottom of the earth's plate could be just solid gold.  Maybe gold mining would be a good industry to be in now.
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Mysfit

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 07:19:45 PM »
Going to stop at sentence one. Flat theory does not have gravity, it is not real and therefore irrelevant to debating how it works in a flat universe.
In exchange, universal acceleration. feel free to check the wiki. No charge.

incredibly dangerous as the flat earth may not breach the schwarshild radius (when the mass is so cramped up that it turns into a black hole)
You may need gravity for that.

Help flat earthers to go to space to confirm their beliefs if they are true or not.
this would get you helped by flat earthers(they would want you to confirm that its not round) and globe earthers(because they would want you to confirm that flat earth is false) honestly if I was like elon musk type of rich I would do my best to amke a spaceship for you guys so you can at least see if you are correct or not.
There is a flat earther who has made his own space ship, he launched it, but did not get high enough to prove it either way.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/03/27/flat-earth-rocket-man-finally-blasts-off-in-homemade-rocket-to-prove-earth-is-flat/#751d4fd69b6f
I'm sure he is asking for some money if you'd like to donate.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 07:47:07 PM »
With the universal acceleration model to keep all the earthlings on the flat earth, the earth's velocity should be very close to that of light.  That's probably a good reason you don't see any real aliens on the earth.  They would have to have a pretty good space ship to catch us.  Even if they did, the dome would keep them out as well.  It would be bad, however, if those pesky aliens started drilling on the dome.  I really wouldn't worry too much about that eventuality. 

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 04:51:41 PM »
If the earth was of a consistent density throughout,  it would be more like a cylinder with a height of 7918 miles.  Of course there were a whole bunch of assumptions that were made to arrive at this figure that may not 'jive' with the flat earth models.  Of course the bottom of the earth's plate could be just solid gold.  Maybe gold mining would be a good industry to be in now.
so did I get you right? the flat earth changes its density?
and if there is not any land in the bottom (I mean like continents and oceans) can you just reach it by circumnavigating?

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »
Going to stop at sentence one. Flat theory does not have gravity, it is not real and therefore irrelevant to debating how it works in a flat universe.
In exchange, universal acceleration. feel free to check the wiki. No charge.

incredibly dangerous as the flat earth may not breach the schwarshild radius (when the mass is so cramped up that it turns into a black hole)
You may need gravity for that.

There is a flat earther who has made his own space ship, he launched it, but did not get high enough to prove it either way.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/03/27/flat-earth-rocket-man-finally-blasts-off-in-homemade-rocket-to-prove-earth-is-flat/#751d4fd69b6f
I'm sure he is asking for some money if you'd like to donate.
actually scientists have confirmed that the universe is flat its kind of like flat earth it has bumpiness but because it is so big it looks like flat. and if you mind me asking who founded the flat earth society and when was it found?

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
I just thought that maybe the bottom of the flat earth might be coated with a thick layer of something like gold.  Since the earth has to be in constant acceleration to replace the gravity paradigm, then there has to be some kind of dark energy field at work pushing on the bottom of the earth.  Something like that would probably be incompatible with any biological life forms on the earths top side.  Gold is a very good radiation shield I just thought that it might be there to keep us all alive.  That idea would make sense if the flat earth was relatively thin.  If there isn't any gold there, then a much thicker cylinder makes more sense.  More thickness makes for better shielding.   

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 09:40:20 AM »
I just thought that maybe the bottom of the flat earth might be coated with a thick layer of something like gold.  Since the earth has to be in constant acceleration to replace the gravity paradigm, then there has to be some kind of dark energy field at work pushing on the bottom of the earth.  Something like that would probably be incompatible with any biological life forms on the earths top side.  Gold is a very good radiation shield I just thought that it might be there to keep us all alive.  That idea would make sense if the flat earth was relatively thin.  If there isn't any gold there, then a much thicker cylinder makes more sense.  More thickness makes for better shielding.
so I have also read that there are so many flat earth theories so can you send me the most updated one? Thank you