Saddam Hussein

Re: Korra season 3
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2014, 05:53:41 AM »
Aang only ever beat 1 powerful fire bender and did some stuff afterwards.

Aang beat plenty of powerful benders over the course of the show.  He also toppled an empire.

Anyway, I've finished the first two seasons of Korra.  It was good overall, but I stand by my opinion that the pacing was wonky.  The pro-bending was retarded.  The constant love triangle drama was stupid.  Unalaq was a boring villain.  Lin Beifong somehow became an incompetent idiot in-between seasons.  And Rushy is right about the lore being fucked up on where bending originally came from.  Those dumb lion-turtle things are apparently in-universe deus ex machinas, and I don't want to ever see them again on this show.  Or at all.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:39:33 AM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2014, 10:11:32 AM »
These villains are boring now that they've revealed their intentions and motivations. Hopefully the climax will be good given the impending clash of 2 major players.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »
We need villains who never reveal their motivations.  It's the only way to keep them interesting.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »
We need villains who never reveal their motivations.  It's the only way to keep them interesting.

Incorrect.
Zuko had his motivation revealed in Episode 1 yet he was a really interesting villain.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2014, 07:49:12 PM »
Their goals are boring. They're basically just anarchists that want total chaos. Lazy.

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »
Well, at least they're serious business about killing world leaders.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »
So, the season's over.  It was good, but it seems like there's a lot they're not telling us.  I can't help but wonder if Zaheer will return in the next season, as they never really explained how he was an instant airbending master.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:47:45 PM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2014, 08:20:49 PM »
God that pissed me off. Some guy that has never air bended is suddenly a better air bender than Tenzin, the Avatar, and 1 of 2 throughout history capable of going DBZ mode. So, so convenient. I liked what they did with Bolin and lava/metal bending. I thought it was tacky for Mako to lightning bend out of nowhere, but that was a smaller issue. Also thought that every episode was paced pretty well, some plot would happen, then a fight, then something to set up the next episode.

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about it compared to other seasons. I enjoyed it and will definitely watch season 4, just because I like the universe and animation style.

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2014, 07:10:30 PM »
God that pissed me off. Some guy that has never air bended is suddenly a better air bender than Tenzin, the Avatar, and 1 of 2 throughout history capable of going DBZ mode. So, so convenient. I liked what they did with Bolin and lava/metal bending. I thought it was tacky for Mako to lightning bend out of nowhere, but that was a smaller issue. Also thought that every episode was paced pretty well, some plot would happen, then a fight, then something to set up the next episode.

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about it compared to other seasons. I enjoyed it and will definitely watch season 4, just because I like the universe and animation style.

Mako worked in a factory where he was lightning bending stuff.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Korra season 4
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »
Episode 1 is up.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 02:18:13 AM »
God, this villain sucks.  She has an annoying design, an annoying voice, and even a cheesy "let me handle this" Mary Sue intro.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:30:09 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2014, 02:24:02 AM »
If you're going to watch a cartoon at least don't be picky when cheesy story phenomenon happens. Regardless of whether adults are kept in mind as an audience, the target audience is and always will be children.

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2014, 03:41:42 AM »
They're scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Who else is left for Korra to beat?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »
They're scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Who else is left for Korra to beat?
Herself, of course.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »
The idea behind this villain could work, maybe, but they would need to have more charisma and menace than a teenage girl with an annoying smirk.  How did we go from Henry Rollins to...this?  Unbelievable.

Hey, an episode that's a million times better.  Cool.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:05:45 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 10:24:52 PM »
Saddam, it's one thing to watch a kid show, it's another to complain about the depth of the story's characters.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »
On the notion of lore-breaking turtles.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 11:29:50 PM »
On the notion of lore-breaking turtles.

That's not the same thing.  >:(

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2014, 06:33:23 AM »
Toph is still alive? They really love wheeling out the series 1 characters in wheelchairs.

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2014, 12:34:20 AM »
Korra season 4: The Earth Empire Strikes Back.