Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #11100 on: January 31, 2024, 08:00:14 PM »
The case honk lined to was a defamation case, just like the case in the screenshot was a defamation case. Trump also called Stormy names which 'defamed' her character. But alas, in the end it was Stormy who was told to pay Trump and not Trump who was told to pay Stormy.
So she has to pay him $300k, and he has to pay E. Jean Carroll $83 million.
I guess that pretty much evens out.

He doesn't have to pay anything until appeals are played out.

From honk's link:

"The jury awarded Carroll $65 million in punitive damages, $11 million for the damage to her reputation and another $7.3 million. Trump is almost certain to appeal the verdict."

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11101 on: February 01, 2024, 02:45:35 AM »
He doesn't have to pay anything until appeals are played out.

HAHAHAHAHH!!!

You're absolutely right!
In fact, you can help defend your homie!

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-doesn-t-answer-asked-171850059.html

Trump needs patriots like you to help defend him from these liberal jackals. You go Boy!!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-50-million-donor-money-legal-bills-2023-1234956948/

Fuck those liberals at Rolling Stone supposed "magazine'. Your credit card can help fight the battle against woke homosexuals.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/haley-campaign-cash-trump-warned-donors-barred-maga

Don't send your money to that bird brain! Send it to me!

lol

I understand the logic of giving everyone fair justice and someone has to speak up for the accused but this is beyond flat earth belief. At least, the earth 'looks' flat and I can understand that. But even from a great altitude, Trump's bullshit is continental in scale. It's one thing to be part of the system to exonerate someone as an element of justice but to be a ding-bat sending Trump money that could be buying shoes for his kids is willful ignorance.
He is exploiting the ignorant and taking their money.

As frightening as it may be to think that his followers are allowed to vote, the idea that they can buy as many guns and bullets as they want with no questions asked about their past, no accountability, no financial responsibility, takes the whole thing to another level.
At least, they have to show ID to buy beer.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11102 on: February 01, 2024, 01:18:51 PM »
He is exploiting the ignorant and taking their money.
Do you care to divulge the exact dollar amount you were taken for?
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11103 on: February 01, 2024, 01:29:18 PM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: February 01, 2024, 05:23:00 PM »
So, everything regarding the entire story of RUSSIA. RUSsia, russia, is equivalent to a blade of grass behind a pane of glass.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11105 on: February 01, 2024, 05:25:33 PM »
So, everything regarding the entire story of RUSSIA. RUSsia, russia, is equivalent to a blade of grass behind a pane of glass.
I dunno.
Trump really likes Putin.  And Putin loves Trump.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11106 on: February 01, 2024, 09:22:12 PM »
I dunno.
You have a problem with two people getting along with each other?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: February 01, 2024, 10:07:09 PM »

I have a problem with a rich, spoiled man-child using his resources to collaborate with a national adversary in an agenda to subvert our democracy while conscripting an army of redneck idiots to violently overthrow our government and put him in power.

But, you should totally buddy up with Putin and Trump. All their friends and supporters seem to prosper and succeed.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: February 02, 2024, 02:44:11 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2024/01/26/1226626397/trump-defamation-trial

Winning bigly.

Trump is actually winning 1 - 0 on these sex lawsuits after all appeals are concluded. As I recall you guys spent years gloating over this person.

Now this is clever. You bring up Stormy Daniels in general terms, and then post a screenshot regarding her defamation lawsuit against Trump being dismissed. In this way, you're implying - not outright stating, but very heavily implying - that all the hubbub about Daniels can be chalked up to this one lawsuit which has been dismissed. It's extremely disingenuous on your part, but it is clever, so I'll admit I'm impressed. Anyway, in case anyone here needs a reminder, the big deal regarding Daniels isn't her defamation lawsuit, it's the illegal hush money payment to her that Trump is currently being prosecuted for, and that Michael Cohen has already gone to prison over. Trump probably won't be convicted of it, because politicians have a long history of successfully blaming crimes that benefited them and that they almost certainly ordered or at least were complicit in on their underlings. To be sure, Trump's story that Cohen apparently chose to spend $130,000 of his own money and break the law entirely for Trump's benefit, but Trump himself knew nothing of this, is laughably untrue, but the way trials work is that the prosecution do have to present the evidence that proves the defendant guilty and can't just say that the defendant is guilty because obviously the defendant is guilty, even if everyone knows that the defendant really is obviously guilty. That's how George W. Bush got away with blaming the leaking of Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA agent on Scooter Libby, and how Chris Christie got away with blaming the deliberate blocking of a highway of a mayor who didn't endorse him in an election on two staffers who undoubtedly had no idea that their boss would throw them under the bus if and when their crime eventually came to light. Anyway, assuming that Trump will be acquitted, this prosecution will still be a nice permanent stain on his record. Anyone can file a lawsuit, but a full-blown criminal prosecution is the kind of thing that clings to you even long after the fact.

I dunno.

Let's be clear on this point, especially given Action80's response to this. There is no genuine friendship or camaraderie between Trump and Putin. Trump probably thinks there is, but to Putin, Trump is nothing more than a useful idiot, someone he can easily twist and manipulate into saying and doing what he wants through flattery and favors. He successfully manipulated Trump many times while he was in office, and if Trump is reelected, he'll undoubtedly do so again.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 02:10:17 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11109 on: February 02, 2024, 12:45:03 PM »
Let's be clear on this point, especially given Action80's response to this. There is no genuine friendship or camaraderie between Trump and Putin. Trump probably thinks there is, but to Putin, Trump is nothing more than a useful idiot, someone he can easily twist and manipulate into saying and doing what he wants through flattery and favors. He successfully manipulated Trump many times while he was in office, and if Trump is reelected, he'll undoubtedly do so again.

It's not just Putin, a lot of world leaders feel this way about Trump. Also, a lot of Trump megadonors and other high profile people are working Trump in the same way to get themselves ahead.

The funny part is that Trump is thinking how his followers are the useful idiots to twist and manipulate.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11110 on: February 02, 2024, 01:38:36 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2024/01/26/1226626397/trump-defamation-trial

Winning bigly.

Trump is actually winning 1 - 0 on these sex lawsuits after all appeals are concluded. As I recall you guys spent years gloating over this person.

Now this is clever. You bring up Stormy Daniels in general terms, and then post a screenshot regarding her defamation lawsuit against Trump being dismissed. In this way, you're implying - not outright stating, but very heavily implying - that all the hubbub about Daniels can be chalked up to this one lawsuit which has been dismissed. It's extremely disingenuous on your part, but it is clever, so I'll admit I'm impressed. Anyway, in case anyone here needs a reminder, the big deal regarding Daniels isn't her defamation lawsuit, it's the illegal hush money payment to her that Trump is currently being prosecuted for, and that Michael Cohen has already gone to prison over. Trump probably won't be convicted of it, because politicians have a long history of successfully blaming crimes that benefited them and that they almost certainly ordered or at least were complicit in on their underlings. To be sure, Trump's story that Cohen apparently chose to spend $130,000 of his own money and break the law entirely for Trump's benefit, but Trump himself knew nothing of this, is laughably untrue, but the way trials work is that the prosecution do have to present the evidence that proves the defendant guilty and can't just say that the defendant is guilty because obviously the defendant is guilty, even if everyone knows that the defendant really is obviously guilty. That's how George W. Bush got away with blaming the leaking of Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA agent on Scooter Libby, or Chris Christie got away with deliberately blocking the highway of a mayor who didn't endorse him in an election on two staffers who undoubtedly had no idea that their boss would throw them under the bus if and when their crime eventually came to light. Anyway, assuming that Trump will be acquitted, this prosecution will still be a nice permanent stain on his record. Anyone can file a lawsuit, but a full-blown criminal prosecution is the kind of thing that clings to you even long after the fact.

[quote author=Action80

Well, duh.

I dunno.

Depends on the people.  Typically you get along with someone when they do things you approve of.  Do you approve of what Putin does?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 06:03:53 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11111 on: February 02, 2024, 02:20:41 PM »
He successfully manipulated Trump many times while he was in office, and if Trump is reelected, he'll undoubtedly do so again.

If you mean by "successfully manipulated" he avoided doing anything while Trump was president. Putin repeatedly said he didn't want to perform any major actions while Trump was president because he felt Trump "didn't understand the details of geopolitics". In other words, Putin watched Trump kill an Iranian general in response to a single American death and knew Trump would overreact to Ukraine. Putin waited until a weaker leader like Biden got into office, then invaded Ukraine, knowing Biden wouldn't do anything.

The "Trump is a Putin puppet" narrative has never applied to the real world; that anyone still parrots it is concerning. Yes, Trump said Putin was very, very smart. He also said Kim Jong was very, very smart. He also said Ted Cruz was very, very smart. Trump says it about literally everyone he wants something from.

inb4 "Biden giving old outdated weapons to Ukraine is definitely doing something!" and "Putin planned the invasion while Trump was president!" even though the buildup didn't start until after Biden won.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 02:23:18 PM by Rushy »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #11112 on: February 02, 2024, 05:35:41 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/politics/roberta-kaplan-donald-trump-deposition-maralago/index.html

This fucking child could actually be elected president again, I can't even
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: February 02, 2024, 06:10:35 PM »
He successfully manipulated Trump many times while he was in office, and if Trump is reelected, he'll undoubtedly do so again.

If you mean by "successfully manipulated" he avoided doing anything while Trump was president. Putin repeatedly said he didn't want to perform any major actions while Trump was president because he felt Trump "didn't understand the details of geopolitics". In other words, Putin watched Trump kill an Iranian general in response to a single American death and knew Trump would overreact to Ukraine. Putin waited until a weaker leader like Biden got into office, then invaded Ukraine, knowing Biden wouldn't do anything.

The "Trump is a Putin puppet" narrative has never applied to the real world; that anyone still parrots it is concerning. Yes, Trump said Putin was very, very smart. He also said Kim Jong was very, very smart. He also said Ted Cruz was very, very smart. Trump says it about literally everyone he wants something from.

inb4 "Biden giving old outdated weapons to Ukraine is definitely doing something!" and "Putin planned the invasion while Trump was president!" even though the buildup didn't start until after Biden won.
My main point of evidence is when Trump has a talk with Putin behind closed doors then comes out and says "He told me they didn't interfere so they didn't interfere." Despite the people under Trump's leadership saying that Russia did, in fact, interfere.

And I'm not sure Trump would have done something.  His big push in the last year was to get out of as many wars and alliances as he could.  If he did anything, it would have been in response to his supporters demanding it.  And I'm not sure they care.  Do they care? (I legit do not know)

Then, yes, he'd have an overblown response.  What, I don't know but it probably would have been the biggest attack ever.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11114 on: February 02, 2024, 06:36:41 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/politics/roberta-kaplan-donald-trump-deposition-maralago/index.html

If someone comes to your house and wants to deposition you on a crime that you have allegedly committed, who should be taking who out to lunch, if anyone?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11115 on: February 02, 2024, 06:57:30 PM »

If someone comes to your house and wants to deposition you on a crime that you have allegedly committed, who should be taking who out to lunch, if anyone?
Probably you taking them to lunch.  Good impression and such.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #11116 on: February 02, 2024, 09:38:25 PM »

Why does this matter? Trump's attorneys made the offer lol, it's not like Carrol's attorney begged or even asked. And the C.U.N.T. joke, very classy, not something you would expect from a 12-year old at all.  :D
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11117 on: February 02, 2024, 10:26:55 PM »
Trump disagreed with his lawyers offering that. If you can't say that you would take the people prosecuting you out to lunch then this sounds like a rules for thee but not for me situation.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: February 03, 2024, 12:09:42 AM »
Trump disagreed with his lawyers offering that. If you can't say that you would take the people prosecuting you out to lunch then this sounds like a rules for thee but not for me situation.

Tom's focusing on all the wrong things again lol. You do you Tom. Never change.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: February 03, 2024, 01:20:11 AM »

Absolutely wrong.

Putin supports a candidate because it is best for Russia. They did it in Crimea, Venuzuela, they're doing it in the Czech Republic now. The Mueller Report wasn't just accurate, it was just the tip of the iceberg. While the words "Russia Hoax" were coming out of Trump's stupid face, the Russians had the Solarwinds attack already underway and were exfiltrating huge amounts of our most secret data from the highest level of government computers at that very moment.

At the time of the Mueller report, the connection between Russia and Republicans was just political, Russia supported Republicans in the election and Republicans would support Russian expansion in Europe. But now the connection is ideological. The Republicans want to BE Russia, they want to have a leader with absolute immunity, they want to ban books, federalize elections, incarcerate homosexuals, jail their political opponents, have government run media and churches.

People that think the "Trump is a Putin puppet" narrative has never applied to the real world and still parrot Putin's propaganda are concerning.