Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #520 on: March 15, 2016, 11:14:28 PM »
What can I say?  The bombardment has worn me down.  Besides, I left America for several good reasons.  I'm quite Anti-America these days.

Who would have guessed living in the most xenophobic country on the planet would cause you to hate other countries.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 15, 2016, 11:26:40 PM »
What can I say?  The bombardment has worn me down.  Besides, I left America for several good reasons.  I'm quite Anti-America these days.

Who would have guessed living in the most xenophobic country on the planet would cause you to hate other countries.
Well, if you hate America, you should leave.  That's what the internet always told me.
So I did.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #522 on: March 16, 2016, 06:29:53 AM »
Donald Trump is the front person for the Knights Templar and the Orange Order (the very reason behind his orange hair and spray tan).

I believe that a deal was struck with the Ancient Scottish Rite of Freemasonry and the Jesuit Order well before the actual electoral process, to have Trump prepare the way for someone else (the very reason for his bizarre behaviour and statements) and that, so far, nobody has yet betrayed this alliance.

Now, does everybody here agree with these numbers:

I have updated the list
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:06:45 AM by sandokhan »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 16, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »
Donald Trump is the front person for the Knights Templar and the Orange Order (the very reason behind his orange hair and spray tan).

I believe that a deal was struck with the Ancient Scottish Rite of Freemasonry and the Jesuit Order well before the actual electoral process, to have Trump prepare the way for someone else (the very reason for his bizarre behaviour and statements) and that, so far, nobody has yet betrayed this alliance.
I'm just curious what the Livonian Order and the Latin Empire have to say about this. I mean, we can't have a proper crusade without those guys, right?

Meanwhile, among the (vaguely) sane: RIP Rubio, I guess I have to cling to Kasich now. :(
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 16, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »
Trump wins every state with the exception of Ohio.

« Reply #525 on: March 16, 2016, 11:56:45 AM »

SexWarrior... take a look at some of the hand gestures/signals made by Trump during many of his interviews, only an expert in the history of secret societies (such as yourself) could have missed out on something like this.

Presumably Trump would like to have his ideas translated into laws/regulations passed by the Congress: and here is his big problem.

If Trump makes to the final, the Democrats will win (not only the White House) both the Senate and the House with a clear majority (all they have to do is run ads featuring Trump's own words, as they have begun to do already).

He won't be able to get anything passed in the House, not to mention the Senate: no wall, no trade deals, nothing at all.

Again, the question I posed a long time ago: why would the GOP put up with Trump's excentric behaviour from the outset, when they could have stopped him in his tracks? Why would they want to lose the majority in both the House and Senate and at the same time be represented in the White House by a person which does not share conservative values?

Please refrain from throwing about users' personal information without permission. ~Snupes
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:50:49 PM by Snupes »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 16, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »

SexWarrior... take a look at some of the hand gestures/signals made by Trump during many of his interviews, only an expert in the history of secret societies (such as yourself) could have missed out on something like this.

Presumably Trump would like to have his ideas translated into laws/regulations passed by the Congress: and here is his big problem.

If Trump makes to the final, the Democrats will win (not only the White House) both the Senate and the House with a clear majority (all they have to do is run ads featuring Trump's own words, as they have begun to do already).

He won't be able to get anything passed in the House, not to mention the Senate: no wall, no trade deals, nothing at all.

Again, the question I posed a long time ago: why would the GOP put up with Trump's excentric behaviour from the outset, when they could have stopped him in his tracks? Why would they want to lose the majority in both the House and Senate and at the same time be represented in the White House by a person which does not share conservative values?
They haven't been able to stop him despite trying.  And if they pull him, it'll do more damage than not.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:51:03 PM by Snupes »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #527 on: March 16, 2016, 12:04:45 PM »
They haven't been able to stop him despite trying.  And if they pull him, it'll do more damage than not.

Then, contrary to our friend SexWarrior's ramblings on the influence of secret societies, what you are saying is that Trump has a secret agenda, having been able to fool the entire GOP leadership and run an INDEPENDENT bid for the White House, while posing as a Republican.

Rather, it makes more sense to draw another conclusion: the GOP is using Trump to reach some very specific goals, before they get rid of his candidacy at the convention.

Please refrain from throwing about users' personal information without permission. ~Snupes
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:51:39 PM by Snupes »

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
ITT: sandokhan sees Dave overtaking his throne as the craziest person on FES, attempts to retake it

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 16, 2016, 02:25:58 PM »

He won't be able to get anything passed in the House, not to mention the Senate: no wall, no trade deals, nothing at all
Do you have any evidence to support your claims, or are you just going to, quite literally, focus on hand-waving?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:39:04 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #530 on: March 16, 2016, 02:58:03 PM »
Sure.

The first argument involves the gender gap.

Public Policy Polling found in late February that 51 percent of male GOP voters favored Trump, compared with just 39 percent of female Republicans: this was way before the new anti-Trump ads featuring his quotes.

Trump's gender gap would likely grow much wider in a general election.

Recently (last week in fact) ABC News published a poll that puts Clinton up 21 points among women over Trump in a head-to-head matchup.

This, however, would be a huge problem for Trump:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699

Trump would have to win 70 percent of white men voting in November to win, more than any Republican has won, even in landslide victories.

Mitt Romney was badly defeated among women voters. Trump would do even worse.

Barack Obama won women voters by 12 points over Romney in what Gallup called the largest gender gap in a presidential election since 1952. Women were the majority of voters that year, outnumbering men by a 55-45 margin, according to the Center for American Progress.

The second argument should be pretty clear: Trump is wildly unpopular with Republican voters.

As of today, total votes cast so far:

TRUMP:  6,492,202

EVERYONE ELSE:  11,378,071

Exactly at this point in the voting process, four years ago we had:

ROMNEY:   6,018,802

EVERYONE ELSE:   5,365,337

DONALD TRUMP IS DISLIKED ALMOST 2:1 OVER ALL OF HIS RIVALS.

As if this wasn't enough, here is a very important third reason why Trump will lose the general election, the white collar vote:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/02/22/why-donald-trump-cant-win-the-white-house/

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 16, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/16/donald-trump-will-not-participate-in-fox-news-upcoming-gop-debate/

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said during a telephone interview on Fox News’ “Fox and Friends” Wednesday morning that he will not participate in the upcoming Fox News GOP debate.

[...]

Trump said that instead of participating in Monday’s debate in Salt Lake City, he will deliver a “major speech” at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

This is so fucking funny. Leaving Fox with the ratings suicide of Cruz vs. Kasich, while also improving his favourability with pro-Israel people. And what is that debate going to be about? Cruz will just attack Kasich on being an asylum supporter because he has nobody else to speak to. He's doing the heavy lifting for Trump.

« Reply #532 on: March 16, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
more seriously, i'm not sure i could be much more clear: i think trump is divisive, abrasive, insulting, bullying, and ignorant.  i think his personality is awful, i think his policies are dogshit, and i think the nationalism he's trying to rile up is dangerous and disturbing.  i don't think the other candidates share all of those qualities.  kasich, for example, is even-keeled and smart.  i disagree with many of his policies, but they're at least debatable.  kasich wouldn't completely fracture the gop as trump is doing now.  he wouldn't be a daily embarrassment to our country.  foreign heads of state probably wouldn't fantasize about strangling him.

Well, that's a lot of opinions people clearly disagree with. Sure, you can have your own views, but I think a lot of what you've said is symptomatic of shaming people for holding a different view - perhaps due to not fully understanding their perspective.

You want to hear my take on it? It's precisely because of the leftist culture of shaming that Trump is gaining traction - people see a constant increase in identity politics and silencing of dissenting views, and a public condoning of hate groups like BLM.

you asked me why i would prefer any of the other candidates, and i answered.  perhaps i do not fully understand your perspective, but i genuinely don't understand how stating my opinion of trump is "symptomatic of shaming people for holding a different view."  can you elaborate?

even if my response was unsolicited and incredibly inflammatory/insulting, how would that silence any of your dissenting views? 
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 16, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »
Recently (last week in fact) ABC News published a poll that puts Clinton up 21 points among women over Trump in a head-to-head matchup.

Early polls don't mean anything. Reagan/Carter had Carter ahead by 20 points at the same stage of the election.

The second argument should be pretty clear: Trump is wildly unpopular with Republican voters.

Likewise, you can't know how that will affect the general election. Are republican voters not going to vote for Trump if he is the nominee?

Also, republicans alone can't decide an election. They don't turn blue states to red, outside factors do - such as the large independent and democrat turnout Trump is getting. If it were a simple democrat vs. republican match, democrats will win every time.

People also conveniently forget about how the electoral college works whenever demographics are involved. They go on about the Latino vote while also not considering that Latinos are concentrated in states that are securely blue or red. The contested states Trump needs to win are primarily white, the demographic he does best with.

you asked me why i would prefer any of the other candidates, and i answered.  perhaps i do not fully understand your perspective, but i genuinely don't understand how stating my opinion of trump is "symptomatic of shaming people for holding a different view."  can you elaborate?

even if my response was unsolicited and incredibly inflammatory/insulting, how would that silence any of your dissenting views?

I wasn't referring to your opinion, I was referring to some of your earlier posts in this thread. And I'm not trying to say you are as bad as the general leftist mindset - I'm sorry if I led you to believe otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:07:46 PM by Blanko »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 16, 2016, 04:08:26 PM »

Then, contrary to our friend SexWarrior's ramblings on the influence of secret societies, what you are saying is that Trump has a secret agenda, having been able to fool the entire GOP leadership and run an INDEPENDENT bid for the White House, while posing as a Republican.

Rather, it makes more sense to draw another conclusion: the GOP is using Trump to reach some very specific goals, before they get rid of his candidacy at the convention.

Problem 1: if he wins then removing him is going to look bad.
Problem 2: If the GOP were using him to get someone else elected, why would they not just promote their guy and "discourage" competition?  Also, Trump isn't paving anything, he's taking eveything. 
Problem 3: The only person left is Cruz and if they wanted him, they wouldn't need Trump to get attention nor would it be advantageous.

ITT: sandokhan sees Dave overtaking his throne as the craziest person on FES, attempts to retake it
I'm not crazy.  I really am a member of the Illuminati.

« Reply #535 on: March 16, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

Then, those users should obey the rules listed elsewhere.

Problem 3: The only person left is Cruz and if they wanted him, they wouldn't need Trump to get attention nor would it be advantageous.

Read my messages again.

There are two basic reasons why they needed the Trump circus before the convention itself.

Early polls don't mean anything. Reagan/Carter had Carter ahead by 20 points at the same stage of the election.

Your analogy is weak for several important reasons:

http://www.redstate.com/dan_mclaughlin/2016/03/15/1980-donald-trump-ronald-reagan/

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 16, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
Your analogy is weak for several important reasons:

http://www.redstate.com/dan_mclaughlin/2016/03/15/1980-donald-trump-ronald-reagan/

I used it as an example, not an analogy. Early polls don't mean anything.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 16, 2016, 04:29:03 PM »
Read my messages again.

There are two basic reasons why they needed the Trump circus before the convention itself.

Which one?  I don't see it.

« Reply #538 on: March 16, 2016, 05:25:40 PM »
I wasn't referring to your opinion, I was referring to some of your earlier posts in this thread. And I'm not trying to say you are as bad as the general leftist mindset - I'm sorry if I led you to believe otherwise.

oh, no apology necessary, i didn't take you to be attacking me personally.  i'm just generally skeptical of the notion that the the right's access to free speech is being impinged on by the left's access to free speech.  more than anything, i just don't agree that the left has a monopoly on polemical rhetoric, as much as i might agree with you that such rhetoric is counterproductive.  but that's another topic altogether i guess.  more to the point, i'm also skeptical that trump represents any kind of salvation from political correctness and the like.  this is part of what i think makes him so divisive, that even his own party believes that his rhetoric is actually dangerous.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 16, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »