Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #460 on: March 13, 2016, 03:23:21 PM »
Are you okay, Dave? Are they giving you any strange pills or injections in Norway?

I don't think I am ok.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #461 on: March 13, 2016, 03:53:14 PM »
I don't think it's fair to generalize trade deficits as a literal non-issue as you seem to portray them as, but if it's that much of a trigger to you, I'm willing to drop it - my point will stand just fine without it.

to be clear, i'm not saying that trade deficits can never be problematic.  i'm saying that they don't tell you anything in a vacuum.  the factors that determine whether or not our trade policies are sustainable can't be reduced to "we import more goods than we export."  that's asinine.  his china policy is literally 'china is protectionist and that's fucked up so let's be protectionist and beat china at protectionism.  somehow.  and hope that that doesn't have any other bad effects.'  that so many people just gobble it up because it feels good is disappointing.

his budget proposal is garbage.  his trade policy is garbage.  his immigration policy is garbage.  his foreign policy proposals are literally illegal.  he's a joke, but it's a funny joke, so let's make that joke the president?  ugh.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 13, 2016, 04:02:57 PM »
his budget proposal is garbage.  his trade policy is garbage.  his immigration policy is garbage.  his foreign policy proposals are literally illegal.  he's a joke, but it's a funny joke, so let's make that joke the president?  ugh.

Well, you don't have better options, so sure.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 13, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »
his foreign policy proposals are literally illegal.
ooh, dis gon' be gud.

Please, tell me more!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #464 on: March 13, 2016, 06:56:58 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432702/donald-trump-peak-here-republican-primary

“Peak Trump” — the apogee before the dwindling — might be approaching for the perhaps bogus billionaire (would a real one bother with fleecing those who matriculate at Trump University?) who purports to prove his business wizardry, colossal wealth, and stupendous generosity not by releasing his tax returns but by displaying a pile of steaks.

« Reply #465 on: March 13, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »

Well, you don't have better options, so sure.

there are (and were) plenty of alternatives: kasich, clinton, bush, rubio, sanders, nolan ryan, my neighbor's new cat, an interesting leaf i saw outside once, etc.  maybe even ted cruz.  those are all better options than 'being smart is dumb let's just be mad.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-protester-isis-hoax_us_56e57d2be4b0860f99d951ab
“No, no, no, no, he was,” Trump said. “If you look on the Internet, if you look at clips, he was waving an American flag... He was walking, dragging the American flag on the ground."

Trump was referring to a video posted on the Internet that shows DiMassimo marching and dragging an American flag. The video appears to depict a protest at Wright State University, which is in Dayton. The video Trump tweeted was overdubbed with Arabic music and text.

But the video appears to be a parody or a hoax, and no law enforcement agency has suggested that DiMassimo has terrorist ties of any kind.

Still, Trump remained adamant.
[...]
When Todd reminded him again that the video appears to be a hoax and that no law enforcement official has suggested any terrorist ties, Trump remained firm in his contention and the trustworthiness of its source.

“All I know is what's on the Internet,” the GOP front-runner said.

lol yeah i want this asshole to be the president.

he's already admitted that he wants to empower the justice department to sue journalists who oppose him, and now he's basically giving us a preview of coming attractions on how he'll probably deal with white house protestors: just assert that they're terrorists and have them arrested.  that'll be neat for everybody.

his foreign policy proposals are literally illegal.
ooh, dis gon' be gud.

Please, tell me more!

not literally all of them.

is that better?  was i precise enough for you?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 13, 2016, 07:09:03 PM »
there are (and were) plenty of alternatives: kasich, clinton, bush, rubio, sanders, nolan ryan, my neighbor's new cat, an interesting leaf i saw outside once, etc.  maybe even ted cruz.

I don't agree that those are better options. Can you explain why you think they are?

those are all better options than 'being smart is dumb let's just be mad.'

That's not what Trump is, so that's fine.

he's already admitted that he wants to empower the justice department to sue journalists who oppose him, and now he's basically giving us a preview of coming attractions on how he'll probably deal with white house protestors: just assert that they're terrorists and have them arrested.  that'll be neat for everybody.

I think you're confused, silencing the opposition is what the left wants. Trump wants libel laws that are already in place to be enforced.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 13, 2016, 07:17:56 PM »
I think you're confused, silencing the opposition is what the left wants. Trump wants libel laws that are already in place to be enforced.

I don't know.  I mean, it's already been ruled that the first amendment allows the press to lie so Trump really has to take it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #468 on: March 13, 2016, 07:28:31 PM »

I don't know.  I mean, it's already been ruled that the first amendment allows the press to lie so Trump really has to take it.

They're allowed to lie insofar as the government can't pass a law prohibiting them from lying, but they can still be sued for it.  In any case, there are no federal laws on defamation, so there isn't a lot that the president can actually do about it.  I suppose he could try and get one passed, but it would be tough to get it past the courts.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 13, 2016, 07:38:31 PM »

They're allowed to lie insofar as the government can't pass a law prohibiting them from lying, but they can still be sued for it.  In any case, there are no federal laws on defamation, so there isn't a lot that the president can actually do about it.  I suppose he could try and get one passed, but it would be tough to get it past the courts.
Yeah but lawsuits against mega news networks are bound to fail or be tied up and cost more money than most people make.

On another note: What happens to Donald's corporate holdings when he's president?  He can't actually use them or manage them, right?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 13, 2016, 11:46:27 PM »
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/13/470294270/trump-on-rally-violence-dont-accept-responsibility-might-pay-legal-bills

Ok, seriously, The Fuck?
How can you lie so blatantly and keep lying with the same story even when you have clips right there in front of you?

I can get that he'd say he doesn't condone violence at his rallys but when he's got clips of him literally telling people to use violence at his rallys, I ..

No, this man can't be sane or serious.  I'm sorry, he's either delusional or he's trolling all of America.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2016, 02:14:00 AM »
On another note: What happens to Donald's corporate holdings when he's president?  He can't actually use them or manage them, right?

He said his daughter, Ivanka, will take over.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/13/470294270/trump-on-rally-violence-dont-accept-responsibility-might-pay-legal-bills

Ok, seriously, The Fuck?
How can you lie so blatantly and keep lying with the same story even when you have clips right there in front of you?

I can get that he'd say he doesn't condone violence at his rallys but when he's got clips of him literally telling people to use violence at his rallys, I ..

No, this man can't be sane or serious.  I'm sorry, he's either delusional or he's trolling all of America.

He is saying that protesters who interrupt his rallies should be attacked, and they should. These guys are constantly pushing and shoving people and tearing up signs, so it's no surprise that Trump would think they should be punched in the face. The media hates Trump so they only report a protester being attacked, not the fact that the protester is always some thug.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 14, 2016, 06:15:57 AM »

He said his daughter, Ivanka, will take over.
Good to know he'll still be in contol then.

Ok, seriously, The Fuck?

He is saying that protesters who interrupt his rallies should be attacked, and they should. These guys are constantly pushing and shoving people and tearing up signs, so it's no surprise that Trump would think they should be punched in the face. The media hates Trump so they only report a protester being attacked, not the fact that the protester is always some thug.
Not my point.
If he wants to say "I condone violence against people who act like dicks" then fine but he isn't, is he?  He's saying one thing in interviews and another at rallys.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 14, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
not literally all of them.

is that better?  was i precise enough for you?
You're improving, but I'd still like to see some literally illegal policies :D
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 14, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »
Not my point.
If he wants to say "I condone violence against people who act like dicks" then fine but he isn't, is he?  He's saying one thing in interviews and another at rallys.

In not sure I even understand your point. Every time I answer your inquiries you move the goal posts until you have adequately ensured no one can meet your requirements.

He wants to make sure these idiots are punished for attacking people at his rally. If you had been keeping up with politics you would have known far before the Chicago rally that BLM has been upsetting his rallies for several months.

It sounds to me like you've already decided you hate Trump and are now desperate for any information to support you. Why should I waste the truth on you?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:11 PM »
Not my point.

In not sure I even understand your point. Every time I answer your inquiries you move the goal posts until you have adequately ensured no one can meet your requirements.

He wants to make sure these idiots are punished for attacking people at his rally. If you had been keeping up with politics you would have known far before the Chicago rally that BLM has been upsetting his rallies for several months.

It sounds to me like you've already decided you hate Trump and are now desperate for any information to support you. Why should I waste the truth on you?
Then why does he say he doesn't condone violence at his rallys?  He clearly does!

Offline drevko

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 14, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »
And? Who cares?

First, the other candidates may have their corruptions too.

Second, people support Trump in spite of his know corruption because they are tired of politically correct bullshit, they are ANGRY, they don't give a fuck about past dealings of Trump.

It's not about Trump per se as an individual, it's now about a symbol, the war against the mass media and the social justice warriors, the awakening against the censure and inquisition of the mass media and their hypocrisy.

Facts of corruption of Trump DON'T MATTER, it's an emotional war of many who are tired of the system and of being told who is "acceptable" and who is not.

The others are not better, their voters don't give a fuck about trump university.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 14, 2016, 02:21:06 PM »
And? Who cares?

First, the other candidates may have their corruptions too.

Second, people support Trump in spite of his know corruption because they are tired of politically correct bullshit, they are ANGRY, they don't give a fuck about past dealings of Trump.

It's not about Trump per se as an individual, it's now about a symbol, the war against the mass media and the social justice warriors, the awakening against the censure and inquisition of the mass media and their hypocrisy.

Facts of corruption of Trump DON'T MATTER, it's an emotional war of many who are tired of the system and of being told who is "acceptable" and who is not.

The others are not better, their voters don't give a fuck about trump university.
I am fully aware of the reasons for the Rise of Trump.
He's a fascist speaking to people who demand action against (X).

Trump is right, he could murder someone on 5th ave. in daylight and not lose any points or votes.  And that is why people should care: Because he could murder you and everyone would cheer your death

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 14, 2016, 02:53:17 PM »
Not my point.

This is what I call the Dave Dance. Let me walk you though the steps:

1: Dave blasts out a comment that's demonstrably false and clearly shows his ignorance.
2: You correct him on his assertion.
3: Dave pretends like you misunderstood him and tells you what he really meant when he's really just changing what he said in step 1.
4: Repeat.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 14, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »
Not my point.

This is what I call the Dave Dance. Let me walk you though the steps:

1: Dave blasts out a comment that's demonstrably false and clearly shows his ignorance.
2: You correct him on his assertion.
3: Dave pretends like you misunderstood him and tells you what he really meant when he's really just changing what he said in step 1.
4: Repeat.

Explain to me how Trump saying he does not condone violence at his rallys is false.