Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2016, 04:38:50 PM »
Do you believe this growth to translate to a stronger middle class? Or is Trump going to be more worried about the 1% which he obviously can relate to a lot more than an average American Citizen.

I'm more interested in how well my portfolio performs.

which firms?

also, what do you find appealing about trump's china policy?

Taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan

That's the only major one from the top of my head.

As far as his China policy goes, I believe it will raise product costs and make it obvious how depressed China has made national wages. China and other parts of Asia use borderline slave labor to produce low quality, low cost products. I think having a nationalist president who will hamper trade agreements will be ultimately beneficial. Things like NAFTA have been a disaster, even Bill Clinton admits NAFTA was a total mistake.

Of course we also have to remember Obama said the same things during his candidacy and I haven't seen a whole lot of fixing going on. Congress probably still loves the trade deal (or more specifically, that sweet sweet corporate funding).

« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
I'm more interested in how well my portfolio performs.

Which is part of the issue at large here. The poorer the rest of America is the more your inevitably going to be taxed to make up for it. Trump can talk all the shit he wants, if the SNAP program (aka foodstamps) went away we'd have rioting on our hands... I say this because I would be right there looting and rioting myself. I have a household of 6 people and I work 40 hours a week, and my girlfriend does to, and we wouldn't be able to barely make it the way we do without that particular program.

Would I prefer to make a decent wage, pay less of my income on skyrocketing energy prices and housing costs, and not have to use a program that basically subsidizes poverty? You betcha, but that's not the reality of America right now, and as long as there are those at the top sucking all the money towards themselves it will never be any better than this.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2016, 05:36:41 PM »
Well in that case you can vote for whichever candidate is going to do that.

I would like to addendum my prediction on Trump. I predict he will win the nomination and the general election and IN ADDITION I predict his pick for VP will be John Kasich.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:58:08 PM by Rushy »

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »
The Nevada primary made it obvious that Hispanics actually like Trump better.

Where in this image does it show that Hispanic's like Trump better than the alternatives?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2016, 06:40:10 PM »
Trump's speech from last night (super Tuesday)

Where in this image does it show that Hispanic's like Trump better than the alternatives?

Ayy lmao good meme friend haha

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »
Well in that case you can vote for whichever candidate is going to do that.

I would like to addendum my prediction on Trump. I predict he will win the nomination and the general election and IN ADDITION I predict his pick for VP will be John Kasich.

Considering Chris Christie is standing behind him in that speech below, I'm gonna bet it's Chris.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 02, 2016, 07:29:53 PM »
That'd be a poor choice. Christie wouldn't pull any voters Trump doesn't already have.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2016, 08:11:27 PM »
That'd be a poor choice. Christie wouldn't pull any voters Trump doesn't already have.
You think Trump cares about that? 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2016, 08:30:28 PM »
I'm sure his campaign staff does.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2016, 08:51:09 PM »

Yes.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2016, 08:54:35 PM »

Does anyone else get a Brutus vibe from Christie in that still?

« Reply #351 on: March 02, 2016, 09:42:03 PM »
Taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan

that doesn't say that his "economic package should produce the highest average growth in all sectors versus other candidates."  it does say that trump's plan would increase GDP by 11.5%, but that comes at the cost of an additional 10 trillion dollars in debt over the next ten years: "Overall, the plan would reduce federal revenue on a static basis by $11.98 trillion over the next ten years...However, if we account for the economic growth that the plan would produce, the plan would end up lowering revenue by $10.14 trillion over the next decade. The larger economy would increase wages, which would narrow the revenue lost through the individual income tax by about $666 billion and increase payroll tax revenues by $839 billion, with the remainder of the recouped revenue coming from other taxes."

the return on the increase in growth isn't as large as the loss of revenue.  as i understand it, debt isn't bad per se, but doubling our debt for 12% GDP growth is a poor bargain.

the tax foundation's own alan cole penned a piece titled Donald Trump’s Tax Plan Will Not Be Revenue-Neutral Under Any Circumstances, in which he writes, "As you can imagine, then, I was puzzled by this statement in Mr. Trump’s piece: “With moderate growth, this plan will be revenue-neutral.”  I do not believe this to be true under any scenario remotely resembling Mr. Trump’s plan...Tax cuts can do a great deal of good; each of the provisions I outlined above could help a lot of people lead better lives. However, the reductions in federal revenue need to be acknowledged, and likely mitigated through substantial cuts in spending, in order to make this plan feasible."

i don't think trump can get this proposal though congress, i don't think he can get the subsequent budget cuts he would need to make it worthwhile, and i wouldn't want trump to be in charge of that process anyway.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »
I wasn't making the argument that Trump's plan is perfect, but I am arguing that it is better than the alternatives. Debt is important, but keep in mind that the Tax Foundation assumes that spending remains the same. You even mentioned Alan Cole's comments yourself. A lot of programs are going to be cut in the future; we quite simply can't maintain current federal spending.

Also, this:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:31:20 AM by Rushy »

« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2016, 03:10:42 AM »
I wasn't making the argument that Trump's plan is perfect, but I am arguing that it is better than the alternatives. Debt is important, but keep in mind that the Tax Foundation assumes that spending remains the same. You even mentioned Alan Cole's comments yourself. A lot of programs are going to be cut in the future; we quite simply can't maintain current federal spending.

i think cole's remark gets right to the heart of what i think is such a major flaw in trump's tax plan that he functionally has no tax plan at all.  cole and his cohorts indicate that trump's tax cuts comes at the cost of a $10 trillion revenue shortfall for the fed that can only be mitigated by spending cuts.  it's pretty unfathomable that congress would ever approve a tax plan that doubles our national debt in ten years, and it's even more unfathomable that congress would approve any budget that cuts spending by around 25%.  we spend almost $4 trillion annually, and we'd have to permanently reduce that figure by $1 trillion annually to make it revenue neutral.  even if it were conceivably possible (i really don't think it is), it would be a massive political battle for trump, even within his own party.

i'm also genuinely puzzled by the conservative support for such proposals.  not trying to be snide, but you say yourself that we can't maintain current federal spending, and i assume that like most fiscal conservatives you believe that it's bad for national debt.  does it not trouble you that his tax proposal so wildly increases our debt without really a word said on how to pay for it?  isn't that at least a little irresponsible?

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 03, 2016, 05:57:14 AM »

i think cole's remark gets right to the heart of what i think is such a major flaw in trump's tax plan that he functionally has no tax plan at all.  cole and his cohorts indicate that trump's tax cuts comes at the cost of a $10 trillion revenue shortfall for the fed that can only be mitigated by spending cuts.  it's pretty unfathomable that congress would ever approve a tax plan that doubles our national debt in ten years, and it's even more unfathomable that congress would approve any budget that cuts spending by around 25%.  we spend almost $4 trillion annually, and we'd have to permanently reduce that figure by $1 trillion annually to make it revenue neutral.  even if it were conceivably possible (i really don't think it is), it would be a massive political battle for trump, even within his own party.

i'm also genuinely puzzled by the conservative support for such proposals.  not trying to be snide, but you say yourself that we can't maintain current federal spending, and i assume that like most fiscal conservatives you believe that it's bad for national debt.  does it not trouble you that his tax proposal so wildly increases our debt without really a word said on how to pay for it?  isn't that at least a little irresponsible?

He'll just fire $1 Trillion worth of staff.  Its not hard.

Heck, if he puts medicare funding to 0, thats most of it there.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 03, 2016, 06:02:26 AM »
Heck, if he puts medicare funding to 0, thats most of it there.

But is that his intent?  The answer seems to fluctuate from season to season.  I'm pretty sure right now it's at "Keep Medicare" but who knows in spring?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #356 on: March 03, 2016, 06:42:09 AM »
Back in December, I suggested that a Cruz-Carson ticket will easily win the presidency for the GOP.

Now, a Cruz-Rubio ticket looks more likely, although T. Cruz might choose someone else.

Who founded the KGC?

First clue; from one of the most fascinating works ever published on the subject, This One Mad Act by Izola Forrester.

https://awesometalks.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/glimpsing-a-shadow-from-richmond-john-wilkes-booth-and-the-richmond-grays.pdf

(for those who don't know, JWB survived well after the Civil War: http://barnesreview.org/pdf/TBR2008-no3-4-15.pdf )

Second clue; Lord Palmerston's real name was Henry John Temple.

In the Knights of the Golden Circle's view, Abraham Lincoln betrayed the Constitution and trashed its principles.

http://buchanan.org/blog/pjb-mr-lincolns-war-an-irrepressible-conflict-1440

http://jonjayray.tripod.com/lincfasc.html

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2013/03/the-imaginary-abe-a-reply-to-harry-jaffas-in-re-jack-kemp-v-joe-sobran.html

Now, the two quotes I posted earlier can be understood in their full significance:

Tonight Iowa has proclaimed to the world: morning is coming. (T. Cruz)

Donald is not going to make America great, he's going to make America orange. (M. Rubio)

« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2016, 09:03:04 AM »
Latest Trump university scam ad (IL, FL, MI):