Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »
The Nevada primary made it obvious that Hispanics actually like Trump better.

The worst part of this all is Kasich is the only one out of the whole lot I would ever vote for... and he seems to get shrugged off eventhough a lot of what he says has merit and makes sense, and he is a proven as a successful head of an executive branch.

I would be baffled if I actually thought for a second this shit wasn't rigged beyond belief, and Kasich is in on it just as much.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2016, 04:30:03 PM »
You don't want America to be great again?
The Mastery.

« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
You don't want America to be great again?

Do any globalists actually want America to be great again? The New World Order they been throwing in our faces for the past 40 years makes us assume the bent over position as just another vassal state.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
Trump is the only candidate in the race who isn't a globalist. Building a wall between nations and striking down trade agreements is the most literal opposite of globalism you can achieve. It's called nationalism, and it's been the front and center topic of nearly any of Trump's speeches.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2016, 06:15:03 PM »
Trump is the only candidate in the race who isn't a globalist. Building a wall between nations and striking down trade agreements is the most literal opposite of globalism you can achieve. It's called nationalism, and it's been the front and center topic of nearly any of Trump's speeches.

That certainly explains why David Duke endorsed him, and why he was so reluctant to disavow him (you generally want to avoid distancing yourself from your constituency).
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2016, 06:25:15 PM »

That certainly explains why David Duke endorsed him, and why he was so reluctant to disavow him (you generally want to avoid distancing yourself from your constituency).

David Duke never endorsed him in the first place, he's even on video pissed off that people thought he did. David Duke thinks Jews control the world and part of Trump's family is Jewish.

Most NWO nutballs want Cruz because he is "God's chosen one." See Levee for details on that.

All of this KKK nonsense about Trump is no better than when republitards kept saying Obama supports the Black Panthers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:30:18 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »

You can say that, but he also owns many companies that operate all around the world. He is just saying shit that he thinks will resonate with his target audience right now. Nullifying Nafta is not something a president could ever accomplish on his own. It would take 10 years of study to even understand the impact it could have. Even if it somehow happened, it wouldn't simply make America "great again."

Serious question though, are you trolling or an actual Trump supporter? I haven't met a supporter in real life yet.

« Reply #307 on: March 01, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
The Nevada primary made it obvious that Hispanics actually like Trump better.

"You know what I'm really happy about, because we've saying it for a long time? Forty-six percent with the Hispanics! Forty-six percent! Number one with Hispanics!," the real estate mogul said.

But Trump's claim runs counter to ALL polling of Hispanics nationwide.

A new survey from The Washington Post and Univision finds 8 in 10 Latinos view Trump unfavorably, and 7 in 10 view him very unfavorably, more than any other candidate.

Let us remember also:

1. The Nevada GOP caucuses were closed to people not already registered as Republicans - that means Trump won the subset of Latino voters who were already Republicans. What's more, according to the entrance polls, just 8% of the voters taking part in the GOP caucuses said they were Latinos.

2. The full sample size of voters captured by the polls was 1,573. That means Trump's claim that he is "No. 1 with Hispanics" is based on about 125 registered Republicans.

In order to fully understand why David Duke endorsed Trump, one must go back in time some 150 years: who actually founded the KKK? A challenge for the other readers/participants in the discussion to come up with the correct answer.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »
You can say that, but he also owns many companies that operate all around the world. He is just saying shit that he thinks will resonate with his target audience right now. Nullifying Nafta is not something a president could ever accomplish on his own. It would take 10 years of study to even understand the impact it could have. Even if it somehow happened, it wouldn't simply make America "great again."

Serious question though, are you trolling or an actual Trump supporter? I haven't met a supporter in real life yet.

I am literally voting for Trump.

In any case, yes, he might be lying, but if that's your concern then why support any candidate at all? If one is lying, well you might as well assume they all are. I'm fairly certain that's what you already do, since you've made it clear you have a very defeatist attitude when it comes to politics.

If I'm going to vote for a liar, I'm going to at least vote for an entertaining one.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »

David Duke never endorsed him in the first place, he's even on video pissed off that people thought he did. David Duke thinks Jews control the world and part of Trump's family is Jewish.

Oh come on.  He may not have "officially" endorsed him, but he certainly did encourage his radio listeners to vote for Trump.  Why split hairs?  David Duke wants to make America great again!

And even so it still explains why Trump would be reticent about denouncing Duke.  Duke's people are his bread and butter after all.  Obviously his lie about not knowing who was being talked about is pure unadulterated nonsense.  He used his name.  What other explanation than that he didn't want to alienate his legion of racist followers?
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »

Oh come on.  He may not have "officially" endorsed him, but he certainly did encourage his radio listeners to vote for Trump.  Why split hairs?  David Duke wants to make America great again!

And even so it still explains why Trump would be reticent about denouncing Duke.  Duke's people are his bread and butter after all.  Obviously his lie about not knowing who was being talked about is pure unadulterated nonsense.  He used his name.  What other explanation than that he didn't want to alienate his legion of racist followers?

Ah, yes, there it is, the Trump is racist bandwagon. This really adds to the discussion.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2016, 08:47:22 PM »

Ah, yes, there it is, the Trump is racist bandwagon. This really adds to the discussion.

Weird that you make such an assumption.  It is never stated or even implied in that post.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2016, 09:20:12 PM »
Trump may not be racist, but a good chunk of his fans are, and there's no doubt he deliberately panders to them.  He doesn't want to send them the message that he's not secretly on their side, so naturally he's reluctant to denounce any of them.  He couldn't even bring himself to wholeheartedly condemn the nuts in Boston who beat up a homeless man in his name.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2016, 09:22:13 PM »
I don't do pedantics here, so that's not going to work, Roundy.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2016, 10:05:33 PM »

The first thing that struck me was the extreme irony of you saying something like this.

The second was that you still managed to completely miss the point, and right after Saddam spelled it out for you.

Not that the latter surprises me.  You do, after all, support Donald Trump for president.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:08:48 PM by Roundy »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2016, 10:12:37 PM »

The first thing that struck me was the extreme irony of you saying something like this.

The second was that you still managed to completely miss the point, and right after Saddam spelled it out for you.

Not that the latter surprises me.  You do, after all, support Donald Trump for president.

People like Donald Trump are winning because his opponents don't know how to argue policy anymore. They're all like you and Saddam. Politicians and the media are so accustomed to making things go away by shouting "racism" that they have forgotten how to tackle policies head-on.

Feel free to argue policy here, though, since you can talk about racism to your heart's content but it won't convince anyone.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2016, 10:41:08 PM »
Why do people hate racism and racists so much? I find it extremely discriminating.

Also, to stay on topic. Trump.
The Mastery.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2016, 01:11:07 AM »

People like Donald Trump are winning because his opponents don't know how to argue policy anymore. They're all like you and Saddam. Politicians and the media are so accustomed to making things go away by shouting "racism" that they have forgotten how to tackle policies head-on.

Feel free to argue policy here, though, since you can talk about racism to your heart's content but it won't convince anyone.

Trump is literally winning for the exact same reason he didn't want to denounce David Duke: he is appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Period.

After all, you yourself said that you're voting for him because he's entertaining.  Oh, but I'm sure his (likely impossible to implement, as you yourself seem willing to concede) policies are important to you too.

If I'm going to vote for a liar, I'm going to at least vote for an entertaining one.

That this kind of thing is what matters to people in a presidential candidate is disturbing (to say the least), but after having been through eight years of Dubya, not entirely surprising.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2016, 03:03:51 AM »
Trump is literally winning for the exact same reason he didn't want to denounce David Duke: he is appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Period.

After all, you yourself said that you're voting for him because he's entertaining.  Oh, but I'm sure his (likely impossible to implement, as you yourself seem willing to concede) policies are important to you too.

That this kind of thing is what matters to people in a presidential candidate is disturbing (to say the least), but after having been through eight years of Dubya, not entirely surprising.

It's pretty clear at this point that neither of us are willing to discuss the policies at hand because both of us think the other is a dumbass.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2016, 04:07:22 AM »
Unless Trump murders a half-black, half-Asian Jewish Muslim LGBTQ toddler with Asperger's, the Republican nomination is sewn up.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:50:24 AM by junker »